Old 04-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

Default Blogs and recipes?

Do you go to any low carb blogs?

What about recipe sites? Does anyone know of any recipes for low carb that aren't about adding funky stuff in to replace the carbs. not really low carb meals made to be low carb, but just meals that just so happen to be low carb? I'm not into substitutions or making something taste like something I like just so that I eat less carbs, if that makes sense?

Also any PCOS blogs?

I have GOT to stop eating so many carbs. I KNOW it is detrimental to my weight loss. Simply omitting the carbs from the recipes I already have seems to work better than trying to make cauliflower potatoes or cheese "chips". But everywhere I look for lower carb recipes it's just trying to recreate carb dishes into low carb dishes.
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I blog I have pcos www.thistimeits4real.com but I don't write about it all the time- though I do post almost daily.

I use sparkrecipes.com for most of my recipes- they put all kinds there so normally I type in what I'm looking for and pick the ones with lower carbs. And there are some good carbs out there like beans. Easiest way I think of low carb is that my meals should be mostly veggies and meats. I'll occassionally add in something more carby like beans, but overall my dinner consist of lots of meats and veggies. Like yesterday I made steak with peas and baked potatoes. For me I ate the steak and peas and had a small peice of potato for myself. Since my family doesn't have to eat low carb I always prepare an extra side for them. The other night it was grilled chicken with salad and for the extra side I made rice but again didn't eat it.

What diet are you following? South beach is a great diet for a person with PCOS I also don't care to make cauliflower rice or cheese crisps.

Last edited by beerab; 04-13-2010 at 01:58 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:14 AM   #3  
Kara

S/C/G: 375/see ticker/185

Height: 5'10''

I like this one...she has some really great recipes as well! I just tried her sweet potato/squash fritters and they were delicious. I only eat sweet potatoes on high activity days. I hope you find something you like there.

http://inthenightlife.blogspot.com/
koceank29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

There's a book called Neris and India's Idiot Proof Diet that's low carb. They have a forum at www.pig2twig.co.uk. I've found a lot of really good, basic, and easy recipes there. I'm with you, I don't want to know how to microwave pepperoni till it's crunchy or make fake bread or cook everything with weird artificial sweeteners. I need ideas for basic, healthy foods that even my four year old can eat. There's a thread in the forum called IDP on a Budget or something like that and I've gotten loads of easy ideas there. It's not a very active forum at all but the recipes tend to be great.

Last edited by NiteNicole; 05-05-2010 at 04:11 PM.
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-poke-salad/

You'll have to hunt a bit (pun intended) But there's fabulous stuff there. And no funky ingredients. All real food!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #6  

I also like marksdailyapple. Jimmy moore from the livinlavidalowcarb blog has a podcast that is great. It has tons of interviews. It helps me stay motivated to stay lowcarb.

I almost forgot. Healingnaturallybybee.com has a recipe section plus a lot of articles.

Last edited by wendyland; 05-10-2010 at 12:24 PM.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote