Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-12-2010, 07:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/135

Height: 5'3

Default I was soooo BAD!!!

Omg! Last night I wolfed down a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's low fat ice cream. I can't believe I did that. My daughter wanted to make brownies soooo I thought well I'll just eat a little ice cream instead. Well I sat there and ate the whole damn thing while I was sitting there surfing the web. So I guess I will walk/exercise a little more today. Just a minor set back right????
AmyLynn76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Well aren't you glad that's over! Hop right back on your plan and carry on.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Well, I guess you know that a pint of ice cream has set you back a day or 2 (or 3). Every day of blowing it is another day of being overweight...But heck, all we have is time right? If you keep doing what you've always done, you keep getting what you always got.

When I decided to get serious on this weight loss venture, the 3 things I severely limited myself of is TV, computer, and sugar. These are the things that helped me get as big as a barn. Funny, if I spend more than an hour on the computer I am 75% more likely to over eat, (or binge).

Last edited by Lori Bell; 04-12-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

It is ok to have ice cream while losing weight, but it's not ok to have a pint. The better solution would be to serve yourself a portion of ice cream...and then put half of it back. Better still, use a measuring cup and measure a real portion according to the nutritional information and eat it knowing exactly how many calories you are consuming.

And honestly, I wouldn't have had ice cream until my cravings were already at bay. It sounds like maybe yours are not. I can now treat myself ONCE IN A WHILE because my cravings are virtually gone. When I do indulge, I find doing so closer to bed time helps because I can sleep off any triggered cravings. I also find that chasing an indulgence with a glass of water squelches further cravings.

Last edited by Eliana; 04-12-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/237/170

Height: 5'8"

I agree with Eliana.....i have found that if I do want to eat something like that I have to fit it into my calories for the day and I go by serving sizes and measure whatever amount that I can have into my bowl (that way I know how much I can have and it seems to make me eat it slower and enjoy it more because I know that when it is gone, that's all I can have).
abreezies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #6  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I think you really need to RUN 5 miles, instead of "walking little more".
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #7  
MsWannaBSlim

S/C/G: 230/179/159 lbs

Height: 5' 4"

What great advice! I am soooo glad this website exists! I had a terrible weekend. Started over eating on Friday and didn't stop until last night. Weighed in this am and I am NOT happy (up by 3 lbs!!) BUT if anything, I am relieved that weekend of guilt ridden pleasure is over and I can start a new. I am feeling recharged and motivated. Now if I can just hang onto this energy for two weeks so I can do phase 1 of SBD...thanks for the great post and all the great replies!!
MsWannaBSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #8  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Wannabe, Phase I will be great for you to curb those cravings. It's hard at the beginning, but you can power through it and then it's not so bad.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/150/150/140

I'm right there with ya...had a BAD weekend of sneaking left over Easter candy! AACK! One little malted milk ball at at time...then two...hey, they're small, right?

Then came the miniature snickers...

Didn't eat ANYTHING good for me.

Blah...

Today, it's out with the rest of the candy. Apparently, I can't control it. I feel like crap today, and yes, I shall run run run!!!
Suzyszoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

I only buy things like ice cream that I can eat the whole thing of.
Skinny cow makes these great little 6oz. servings of ice cream. They are two WW points (for most flavors) so I think they are around 120 calories or so. If i want ice cream, I go and buy one. Just one, not six to keep around the house for "later" (because later ends up being 20 minutes after i finish the first one) And I eat the whole darn thing. Instant portion control.

For the record, I dont think its ever really a good idea to eat from a carton that contains more than a single serving. Its hard to measure if you're just estimating what 1/2 of a cup looks like and its too tempting to just pick at it a little more. Serve yourself one serving in a bowl and enjoy that
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/225/135

Height: 5'3

Thanks everyone. I think i've learned my lesson. I felt awful afterwords. I'm back on track. From now on it's skinny cow little cups when I have another ice cream craving
AmyLynn76 is offline   Reply With Quote