Old 04-12-2010, 05:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, menu, excersise, chat, plan...week of April 12

Want a place to put your menu, plans, exercise, support - this is it! Feel free to join in.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:02 AM   #2  

Yesterday was a healthy day...I am grateful and always happy to be willing to keep trying.

Today I have dental work...ugh.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:05 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

bev- hope your dentist trip goes smoothly.

I have had a POP week. I cant wait to post another week and hopefully another weight loss.
food today- breakfast 3 eggs 1 yoke, pear
lunch- peanut butter on a thin bun
dinner- grilled chicken salad
snacks of fruit and cheese to fill in calories
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:30 AM   #4  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--Good luck at the dentist!

dgramie--YEA!!! Congrats!!!

I have my biometric testing this am. Then a LOT of work to do. But it's ok. Then the gym.

Have a great day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 287.6/268.4/155

Height: 5'7"

I need to come back here tonight and report what I ate. It's time for me to get down to business.
pinkprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #6  
mj5

Hi again!

Welcome pinkprincess!

Alrighty, so the biometric testing....yep, an eye opener. My weight and BP, I already knew. What I did NOT know is that my cholesterol is a little elevated and my Triglycerides are very elevated. I have an appt next month w/ my GP so I am taking all of this info w/ me. I keep "talking the talk" now it's time to "walk the walk"...My dad died too young of a heart attack and had an enlarged heart. I am 39. I can make some very positive changes in my life right now. I am SO excited that my employer is doing so many things to help our employees be healthier. (I am actually on the committee to help w/ all of this...very exciting!)

I have also made a very brave decision. Well, brave for me. I am going to share ALL my #'s w/ hubby. Even my weight, BMI, and % body fat. I have been too embarassed to tell him the number until now. But you know what, he loves ME. He loved ME at my highest weight. He wants me to be happy and healthy. I want to be happy and healthy. He came home yesterday all excited because he chose to have a snack of whole grain chips instead of the m&m's that he really wanted. I have helped him start to eat healthier, now it's time to kick my booty back into gear.

I can't wait to fit into my "little black dress" the one hanging at the end of the closet. It's not my "goal" size, but it's a couple of sizes smaller...I told dh that as soon as it fits, he and are having a hot date on the town! He can't wait!!!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #7  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. Pretty good weekend for me. I didn't exercise like I should have, but it wasn't too bad off plan. So darn busy this weekend!! But, spring was definitely in the air and it was wonderful! I lost a pound. That's ok, as long as I go down, I'll be happy. I had too many times last month of little increases, so I'll take my pound and run with it!!

Beverly: Ugh. Dental work. So sorry to hear that!!

dgramie: Congrats on the POP week! I need to strive for that!

pinkprincess: We'll be waiting to hear back from you!!

MJ: Good for you for taking charge of those numbers. I think sometimes it is good to share with others, especially a hubby, so that you can feel even more accountable!

Have a great week everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #8  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

This weekend went by pretty well I think (though it could have been better... it could always be better).

On Saturday, I neglected to eat breakfast, and went out to the farmers market with a friend. We walked around for a bit and eventually went to a German resturant down the street and split a meal of chicken weiner schnitzel (sp?) with red cabbage, potato pancakes and spatlze (sp?) with rahm sauce, and then split a light dessert. Ok, not the best maybe, but we split it in half so it wouldn't be as bad. My crowning achievement for the meal was the fact that I ate very slowly, as I had not seen this friend in ages and we had lots to talk about! Then we went back to the farmers market and tried some different dips one vendor had, and sampled some cheese, and bought some kettle corn. I took the kettle corn home and didn't eat any there. Then, for dinner I made some (baked) eggplant parmigiana with pasta made from vegetable puree, and sauteed green beans (in olive oil, onion and garlic), and some choc. chip banana cookies that turned out more like muffins (less butter, less sugar than regular cookies, added oatmeal for fiber!). Overall it was a fairly healthy meal but I did over-indulge a smidge.

On Sunday, I must have still been full from Saturday and didn't eat breakfast (again), at some fried fish for lunch at a seafood place with broccoli salad and fresh veggies. I did sneak a few onion rings and french fries from friends but not many. Anyway, after that meal I was not feeling very good. The particular restaurant we went to uses fresh oil and is generally a good place to eat but I just don't eat fried food very often so it did not rest well with me. It was absolutely delicious, but if I go there again I will definitely get it blackened instead and stay away from onion rings and fries. I was not hungry later, and ate some of the kettle corn for a light snack.

SO yes, not perfect, but there were some redeeming qualities -- like I didn't eat dinner even when I wasn't hungry, just because I'm used to 3 square meals a day. And I ate very slowly on Saturday afternoon. Had I not overate on Saturday evening, it was a very healthy meal. etc.

FYI, I usually have breakfast every day. So it was quite unusual for me to go 2 days without.

As for exercise, I haven't got on the Wii fit since Friday, but I was out and about, walking around at the farmers market and then went to the fair on Sunday. I sunburn to prove it! I plan on working on the wii fit when I get home from work, and just finished logging in my food for today:

B: tortilla with natural pb & honey approx 330cals
L: chicken w/ mixed vegetables in a light oyster sauce on jasmine rice approx 500cals

As for dinner, I am thinking about making little pizzas with veggies & chicken sausage and a large salad (romaine lettuce, mango ginger stilton cheese, pecans, sliced strawberries, golden raisins & honey mustard dressing). I should have plenty of calories for a little banana muffin cookie thing too.

I can do this!!!

Last edited by rakel; 04-12-2010 at 03:57 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:46 AM   #9  

Hi chickies!

Yesterday was a healthy day - my plan changed a bit during the day in response to my dental work, but, I stayed in my calorie range.

I got on the scale this morning and I am down 2 pounds since last week when I weighted. YAY!! I drank lots of water and did my stretches and strengthening.

Today I am having lunch with a friend. She is coming over - we are having salads from Wendy's. My city is a test market for Wendy's and one of their new salads has chicken, apples, a few peacons, sprinkle of gorganzola cheese etc - with a pomegrannet dressing. It's good - you can get all these new salads in small and large sizes.

mj - yes sometimes those lab numbers can be very eye opening indeed. I am glad you've been able to get to the gym lately!! You CAN do this!

rakel - glad you are having better days! Don't forget to eat breakfast.

slash - down one pound is awsome!! - remember that's equal to four sticks of butter!

pinkprincess - welcome - hope you had a great day.

dgramie - what's a POP week??

Have a great day....be kind to yourself in every way.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-13-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:43 AM   #10  
mj5

Good Morning everyone! I had a great workout last night. Tonight I am going to the outlet mall w/ a friend. When I get home I will be taking the dogs for a looooong walk. Can't wait!

Diane--Sounds like a good weekend to me! I agree. It was almost 'freeing' to share the info w/ hubby...idk, it just felt good.

rakel--So glad you are back! YES, you can do this!!!

Beverlyjoy--YEA! Congrats on 2lbs down!!!

So sharing my info w/ hubby was awesome. He is SO totally supportive. At his next checkup he wants to have his dr write all his #'s down so he can show me. I told him that I want to make a copy and post on the refrig, just as a reminder to myself. Ya know...when I'm going for that snack....We are also making plans to go for a walk/hike on Saturday. He is going to bring his camera. That will be fun.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #11  
is recommitted

Hi all! So I did not get to my exercise yesterday. I am still finding it very difficult to get everything done that I need to, but I will not give up! Yesterday I bought some of those Zone Perfect "indulgence" bars and ate one as a snack. BTW, don't bother. They aren't that tasty or filling for the 190 calories they have in them. For dinner, I ended up making BBQ chicken pizza. I was going to make one like that and one with veggies and chicken sausage, but the pizza dough I bought only ended up being enough for 1. I did make my salad though, and had some kettle corn instead of the banana muffin cookie.

B: ensure & luna bar
S: zoneperfect indulgence square
L: leftover pizza & salad
S: carrots & ranch dressing
D: salmon, brown rice & steamed asparagus
S: not sure yet

Tonight I have some freelance work I need to wrap up, and my exercise!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #12  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Just wanted to say "hi" and give everyone a for checking in!

I'll do my own check in at the end of the day -- have errands to run and things to do. Tea break is over!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #13  
is recommitted

mj -- thanks for the welcome It's nice to you've been missed!
Old 04-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #14  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hi all. Not a great on plan day for food. I don't have very many calories left for the day, but I'll survive. I went to spin class, so that's a big plus!

Other than that, I'm busy at work, so I need to make this quick.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 312/205/180

Height: 5'7

Still on a mission to squeeze myself into more conversations around here. Over the last year and a half I've visited this site religiously, and I quite enjoy these types of treads.

Still trudging (hopefully) downwards to onderland. I've a little over 9 pounds to go. Never thought I'd ever be this close, especially with a start weight of 321 pounds!

Anyway, my day has been going well. Completely digging this laid-off-time, and turned into "exersize time". On the treadmill three different times a day for fourty-five minutes each. Bit of running and jogging, inclines, brisk walks, etc. Wishing the weather would smarten' up so I could take my dog (Aspen) for a nice long walk in the forests around here. Alas, snow has put a damper on that fun.

9:00 AM: Oatmeal Parfait (mixed with eggwhites, blueberries)
--Treadmill!!--
12:30PM: Peanut Butter and Banana flax oatmeal.
--Treadmill!!--
4:10PM: Homemade pork / chickpea soup and simple tossed green salad

At 7:00PM I'll have my last meal for the day. It'll be a broccoli chicken quesadilla. I'll dip it into 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt which will be mixed with 1 teaspoon of chili paste. I'll finish it off with a nice green salad and an apple for dessert. Then at 8:30PM I'll take off on the treadmill for one last session.

That's been my weekly exersise / meal plan. Completely enjoying the food choices. 1600 calories at the end of the day. I never feel hungry, always satisfied!
tpanisiak is offline   Reply With Quote