Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 10:19 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of Jan 26!!!!!

Yeah Lauren!!!!!!U did wonderful!!! I admit..I am the wuss of the group but I guess the epidural would have had to happen at some point with the section!!!! I cant wait for pics!!! Just to let U know..the jaundice disappeared with Kaylee by the 2 week checkup after the milk supply came in and the poopie diapers began!!!I am looking at her while I am typing...She is 8lbs 14oz this morning and I cant imagine getting her out without meds!!! I have to say again.."U R something!!!!!"Glad all is ok!!!Did U say "next time I willl get the Demerol early????" I am ready when U r!!!haha Post them pics at growspurts...they will adjust the size automatically!!!

Got to run feed!!! Let me know if U need some BF advice!!! I think I finally got the hang of it!!!!
PS..If U post and say how great Petey sleeps at night, I will scream!!!Please put a warning at the top of that post soo I will not read!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 01-26-2003 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-26-2003, 01:26 PM   #2  
Donna

Congratulations Lauren on the birth of Peter James

Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday because we were out at the MI Camper and RV Show. I think my feet are about a 1/2 inch shorter . But it was fun. We're thinking of moving up from a tent so we can take the dogs along. Don't trust them in a soft side.

Have done pretty well meeting my 4 goals for the 2 weeks/ month (haven't decided yet). K leaves for Lousianna today he'll be gone a week. Let's hope I can stick to plan this week with him gone (one of my goals is to stop eating meals in front of the TV which is hard to do by myself)!! I also have to remember to feed the fish the dogs and cat won't let me forget.

Oh well...

Have a great week everyone

-Tech
Old 01-26-2003, 04:19 PM   #3  

hi all.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday.

Dh & I drug ourselves to workout today. I'm happy that we did. I could have been talked out of it really easy, him too, so I'm proud of us!

DS got his first letter back from his law school applications - he was accepted at Georgetown. WooHoo!

have a healthy day.

Rabbit
*OP since 1/20/03*
Old 01-26-2003, 07:20 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Thanks for all the congrats!!

DH has not had time to edit the pics, so I picked a few and posted them on Growth Spurts...enjoy!!

Pics of Peter

Rabbit- Good for you and DH exercising!! Congrats to DS on Georgetown!!

Tech- I love watching those RV shows on TV, I wish we could get one and just travel around!! Hope the fish aren't floating by the time DH gets back!!

RR- Uh, no, I will not be saying anything remotely close to "Petey sleeps great!". We were up all night last night!! Every hour on the hour, and occasionally on the half hour too. I was/am soo tired. I think it was a combination of him being a little cold and a little gassy. Our bedroom is cold, and while I did have him in a onesie, a gown, sock, swaddled and a hat, once I gave in and brought him to bed with us (DH's idea, not mine), he was fine...and toasty. Also, he had a lot of gas, pooped a few times, and a lot of farting/burping. I got the drops out and gave him a little bit. Don't know if it helped or not, because it was the same time I brought him to bed, but he did fine the rest of the night.

BF'ing is a lot harder than I thought! I knew it wasn't gonna be a piece of cake, but man, do my nips hurt!! They're both very tender, and the right one is cracked a little. Looks like he gave me a hicky on that side!! I see stars every time he latches on, and after 15 min. I'm praying he's done. The left side is fine after a minute, the right side is dreadful through the whole session. Can't find my tube of Lansinoh, so I put a little vasoline on last night...is that alright? My milk is starting to come in, noticed it this AM. Haven't felt it yet though, like a let down or anything. I'll be happy to hear any advice you have!! I'm going to try pumping some tonight, to see if that works. I'm thinking it shouldn't hurt soo much, because there's no direct contact with nipple itself.

God, I pray tonight is a better night!!
Old 01-27-2003, 07:47 AM   #5  

Breast FEeding talk soo anyone can skip it!!!

Lauren--Dont use the vaseline because it is petroleum based and may clog up those little openings...I found that putting some breast milk on the nipples(tip from the nurse) healed them faster than that lanolin stuff..I remember almost crying and praying she would eat faster cuz of the pain but trust me..it will be over after the first week..I had to pump one because it was bleeding and cracked soo bad but after expressing a little milk and covering the nipple with it..it healed quick...Also, U can pump alot at the same time he is nursing the other one alot easier..Just make sure U drink tons cuz U will be low on supply in the evening if U dont...
I Mylicon Kaylee every night before bedtime..It makes the difference in the world..U can use it 12 times/day cuz it isnt absorbed in their systems..I use it at least 5 times/day.
Confession:Kaylee sleeps with me every night...She starts out in her cradle and then when she gets up to eat at 11pm..she is in the bed for the night..She sleeps better and it was easier for me with the incision than getting in and out of the bed....
She is going through that six week growth spurt soo will cluster feed and then she wanted to eat every 2 hrs last night..It happens at 3 weeks also...It is soo cool cuz she now coos and laughs and makes me giggle!!!!
Petey is adorable!!! Soo much hair!!! Kaylee is loosing the dark and I can see white-blonde comming in..Her eyelashes and eyebrows are soo blonde that U can not see them..I bet Petey stays dark headed for sure!!! Jim looked soo happy!!!!and U looked sooo tired!!! COngrats again!!!!

Sorry everyone!!! I will start pm'ing if ya'll get tired of baby stuff!!!!!
Have a great day all!!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 01-27-2003 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:07 AM   #6  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, we had a better night last night...only because I didn't even bother with the bassinet, he came straight to bed with us! Yeah, I'm selfish, when it comes to sleep, I need it!! Right now Mr. I Woke Up On The Wrong Side Of The Bed is in his bouncy seat with the vibrator and tunes on! Thank God he is sleeping...for how long, I don't know.

RR- Thanks...duh...never even thought about the vasoline and ducts. I pumped twice yesterday, about 2.5 hrs. apart. Got 2 oz. total from both boobs each time. I think that's OK though, isn't it? I thought I heard the nurse tell the lady next to me that her baby will probably eat about 1-2 oz. per feeding. He was formula fed though, so I'm not sure if I should have more. It was such a relief to pump. I surprisingly don't feel that bad about not nursing him, because at least he's getting breast milk, and he's not frustrated doing it.
I'm gonna continue this saga in a PM, because it could get long and drawn out, and I don't wanna bore everyone on here with the mess!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 01-27-2003, 09:03 AM   #7  

Hello Everyone...

I am new to this thread I have been lurking *sorry*. I would like to say congrats to LBH with her new bundle of joy and also congrats to RR on your little one.

I will try and post my bio under the bio section. I have never done that before....I hope it works.

I have been battling the weight loss issue my whole life. My highest weight was 252 at age 28. I set a goal and told myself that I wanted to lose 100lbs by the time I turned 30. Well I didn't achieve the whole 100lbs but I was 90lbs lighter on my 30th b-day. I am now 33. And I have pretty much maintained this weigh loss.

Well I got engaged on Sept 29th of 2001 and was married on October 19, 2002. And during this whole engagement/wedding planning I put on some weight I would say like 20lbs and then we went on a cruise for our honeymoon and I am sure that I gained more. So when we got back from honeymoon and the wedding was over i realized that my clothes were very snug and when I stepped on the scale I was weighing in at 173lbs. Yikes....I was soooo worried that the numbers were going up.

I was soooo upset and I called my girlfriend who had just had her 3rd baby and we decided to join LA Weightloss. Yes, it was expensive but I was desperate. I joined LA Weightloss on Nov 6th weighing 173 and I have lost 26lbs so far. I still have a few more pounds to go before I reach goal.

wow....sorry to go on and on....I am going to go do my bio and I hope that I can post here with all of you.

Take Care
Old 01-27-2003, 01:14 PM   #8  

Congrats LBH!!!! He is beautiful!! You go girl!! I don't know about the others but I love reading about the trials and tribulations you new moms are going thru -- cracked nips, no sleep, breast pumps, etc. It makes me love my dog all the more. Since I don't have kids I find it all very interesting.

Tabs, welcome!! It sounds like you've done great in the past. I hope you future goes as successfully. Keep posting and give us some inspiration.

I'm having a really hard time and it's making me very frustrated that I can't get into a routine of being on plan. We went out to eat both Fri and Sat night and I did okay. I got the grilled shrimp instead of fried like I was wanting Fri night. On Sat I halved everything on my plate and took a to-go box home but by no means was it anything lite. When I'm at home I find myself just wanting to eat -- I'm craving food, nothing in particular. I found myself eating an ice cream popsicle after breakfast. Somebody help me please!!! This week I'm am officially on a "diet" and I hate that "D" word but I have to do something to drop a few pounds before my vacations. I'm going to the Keys on 2/5 and Tahoe on 2/19. All the other girls on the trips will be skinny so I want to have lost some weight so I don't feel quite so self conscious. So far today I'm doing great. Hopefully I can keep it up.
Old 01-27-2003, 01:45 PM   #9  

Default Another new person

I hope I am posting this right! I was a 3FC member about 2 or 3 years ago and decided to come on back since it was so helpful then. I lost a lot of weight and am back on track but really need the daily support.

I am working out every day and have cut all of the white flour and sugar out as well as cheese. I have cut portions and so far am losing, but of course, as we all probably feel at some point or another that I am going to lose motivation, get off track, etc. My husband and I are going on a cruise in 4 weeks to the Caribbean and I've lost 10 but it's a drop in the proverbial bucket and this is going to take longer than the next 4 weeks to accomplish but so far so good.

Thanks for being here (congratulations to you Lauren!) and I hope I become a regular on this thread!

Soph
Old 01-27-2003, 02:44 PM   #10  

Welcome Tab and Sophie!!! Keep posting and get to know everyone!!!My name is Vicki and I am officially sort of on a diet today after having a baby 5 weeks ago!!!!Honestly--i eat what I can drink or hold in 1 hand while holding an almost 10lb baby..
When she sleeps, my nap and bath is more important..Excecise in now running to the crib when she calls or walking and singing for 2 hrs every night!!!!

Lauren--the pumped quantity will go up...Do it first thing in the morning when they are full..also what u remove today, will replace itself in the same amount tomorrow..(supply=demand)

I had my 5 week post checkup today..Now, I have the "wife"job to do along with motherhood!!! Hmmmmm..didnt she say not until the baby is 6months? I have no restrictions and can start excercising..I have lost 25lbs since Kaylee was born which puts me less than when I got pg...I do have about 12 lbs to lose to get where I was before the first pg and getting married so I will have to get serious yet maintain the calories for feeding.

Liz--U sound like the busy traveler!!! I hate the D word also!!!

Off to feed!!!!
RR
Old 01-27-2003, 06:59 PM   #11  

hello.

Lauren - he's a cutey. And he looks so healthy.
OK, I know no one is asking for advice on these sleeping w/babies issues, but I must caution you! In situations that I have seen where parents do the same thing you all are doing, the babies never learn to put themselves to sleep very well and they become kids who don't put themselves to sleep very well and it goes on for years! I have a niece who will be 8 years old in March and to this day does not sleep in her room. My sister learned her lesson after this first one and the doctor said hey, whatever you have to do, if you don't have the room to put him in a room alone to sleep, put him in the closet. And they did, they rolled his crib into their walk in closet (crazy as that may sound). He goes to bed just fine, whereas his sister won't even go to bed alone - someone has to go with her every night. Sorry if I'm butting in and I'll step off my soap box now! You all have to do what you think is right, just a caution.

Tab - welcome! Congrats on your losses!

Liz - your vacation plans sound fun.

Sophie - welcome to you also! Your cruise sounds fun.

OK, gotta run.

Rabbit
*op since 1/20/03*
Old 01-27-2003, 06:59 PM   #12  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all!!

Lauren: Congrats!! I'm so happy that Petey finally got here all on his own. DH was tired of me looking for a place to check in here all weekend. They had all these places that said public internet access but none actually did . So glad to hear that you are both doing well. I'm going to check out the pics next!!

Lemme tell you guys....it was freezing in VT!! On the way up the car thermometer was -9. It was kinda boring sitting around the condo while they skied. DH was done by lunchtime both days so we had some time together. I went shopping yesterday and found the CUTEST fleece blankies for Alex. One is receiving blanket size and has a hood sewn into it with little tassles on the top and the other is just a regular size blanket. It's got space ships on it like the stuff I like from Pottery Barn Kids. Think I am committed to the space ship theme now!! We went shopping at the Carters outlet today and they are having SUCH a sale. Let's just say my reluctance to buy baby stuff is now over!! They had $5 and $7 racks with the cutest stuff. I got him two pair of jeans one in 6 month and one in 9 month. I figured he could always use those.

RR: Sorry that Kaylee isn't sleeping so well. Please keep telling the stories on here!! That's how I intend to figure out what to do. I had a weird dream last night that Alex was born and he was three feet tall and talking!! I had a hard time handling him and he kept saying he preferred a bottle NOT BF. Think that means I'm a little anxious about this whole thing??

Hi Tab and Shophie!! Welcome to our group. You will find lots of support here.

I have to go start dinner now. Sorry to all I have missed I will catch up later!! Have a super evening!!
Old 01-28-2003, 03:34 AM   #13  
LBH

Hi All,

Yeah, it's 3:00 AM...guess I have to catch up when I can! DH sent me to bed at 8:00, and I woke up at 11:30 when he came to bed with Peter. I had pumped a record 5 oz. earlier, so that got DH through 2 feedings. Yeah!! But he was ready to eat again, so I got up and pumped some more. Got 4 oz., so I put 2 oz. in the fridge, and fed him the other 2 oz. Just fed him the second 2 oz. at 2:30, and came out to pump some more. I guess since I haven't had that much to drink, since I was sleeping, I only got about 1.5 oz. in each bottle. That'll do though, he'll have his next feeding around 5:00 I suppose, and then I'll pump more. Having a nice big glass of water now, so hopefully then I'll be able to pump enough for a couple feedings. Anything to avoid having to actually nurse him!! Man, does that sound horrible?? Gosh, I'm soo in love with him, but I just can't nurse him, it hurts too much, and stresses up both out.

Tab- Welcome! Thanks for the congrats! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Liz- Glad we can provide some "entertainment" for you!! Hang in there, you'll reach your goals! Hey, as long as it's a healthy pop, go ahead and have it! Have you had the TCBY chocolate sorbet pops? They're out of this world and taste just like a regular fudge pop!

Sophie- Welcome! I went on a cruise a couple years ago and lost 4 lbs.!! And trust me, I wasn't watching a darn thing I was eating!! It was a Royal Caribbean cruise and I did the "ship shape" program, which just meant we participating in a lot of the exercise stuff, like walking around one of the decks each AM 5 times was one mile. Plus all the walking we did on the excursions, it didn't feel like we were exercising!

RR- I don't even wanna hear the "no restrictions" word!! I can't imagine even going there!! Congrats on the weight lost soo far!! I stepped on the scale on Sunday and had only lost 10 lbs. I was kinda bummed, but whatever, I'm not gonna stress about it until the 6 wks. or so is up. A nurse from the maternity ward called today to see how I was and how things were going. I told her good, except for BF'ing. She of course suggested calling a LC, and I said I would. At this point, I honestly think I would rather pump exclusively, but we'll see. Maybe once we're on more of a schedule, I'll have the patience to figure it out. He just doesn't like to latch on correctly. Doesn't like to take a mouthful.

Rabbit- Thanks! Actually, I really don't mind hearing anyone's advice. My brother told me not that long ago to not bring him to bed because he's still got 1 or 2 in their bed! My neice is 8 and nephew 5!! I swore I would never do it, but I have. Was actually thinking maybe if I put his bassinet in the living room, where it's warmer than our BR, and sleep out there with him, he'll sleep, but I don't know. Maybe I'll try, because I don't really sleep much better with him in the bed...of course he loves it though...what could be better than sleeping between two warm bodies?!

Karen- Thanks! on the dream, I had one of those!! I love Carters!! I have to control my clothes buying urge though, he doesn't need anything!! It was soo cold here today, the florist came to drop off a fruit basket from the fire house and I nearly died when I opened the door!!

OK, now it's 3:33 and i have to go to sleep, before I know it, it will e 5:00!!
Old 01-28-2003, 06:56 AM   #14  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!

This is the first chance I've had to post in so long! I lost my job at the end of December (I was laid off with a package and I new it was coming but it was still hard). Now I'm working at a contract job until the middle of march and can you believe - no internet there!!! AHHH! I don't know what to do with myself and I don't get the same time to "visit" as I used to so here I am early in the morning before I leave for work. Things are the same with me otherwise, fighting to stay below 150 (mostly successful so far) and looking for better job.

I just had to say hi to the new moms and congratulations to Lauren, I'm so happy for you and don't worry about all the baby talk - doesn't bother me at all! I find it all fascinating and while I'm at it let me just ask - you gave a newborn a bottle? I think that's great but I wonder why so many people I know waited until they were quite older and then had so much trouble getting them to take the bottle - is there any reason why you should wait? I'm storing all this information away hoping I'll get to use it one day.

Hi to the new people - stop in more than I do - you'll like it here

I'll try to check in a little more, but I'm always lurking and my husband hogs the computer at home. Work was my time.

Have a great day,
Elisa
Old 01-28-2003, 07:50 AM   #15  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning all,

I am waiting to go take my Gestational Diabetes test today. I'm a little nervous. I think I'm gonna pass OK but there is still a nervous little thought in there that I won't. I was going to go to work afterwards but they called and said not to bother cause we have no patients. Now I can go show MIL all the stuff I got this weekend!!

Lauren: He's such a cutie!! I was showing DH the pics and he was quite impressed. (He thinks you're a cutie too ). All of the research I've done agrees with RR's advice on the BF. Letting the nips air dry and not giving up. They all say it hurts the first week or so. I'm not looking forward to that part either. I've been researching at Storknet.com. Maybe you can find something helpful there.

Elisa: I'm so sorry about your job. I hope you find one soon. No internet humm. That's a bummer. I only have access at home but thank goodness I have it here. There are at least three computers running in my home at any given time so I don't have to worry about DH letting me online!! If I had to wait for him to get off I would never get here!! Congrats on staying below 150.

Hope you guys have a great day!!
Closed Thread