Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Daily Weighers, do you ever feel cheated?

Ok, I know this is so stupid, but this week I was 167.2 at the start of the week, 165.8 on Tuesday, 164.8 on Wednesday and I'm finishing the week at 165.2. I just completely blew past 166, I didn't even see it on the scale. I know boohoo, but I work my a** off for every pound and I expect it to show some respect and make an appearence for just a day. I know it's still possible for it to show up, but I typically don't swing that far back the other direction when I'm doing everything I'm supposed to. I think that push back to 165 is just some water retention from some hard running this week after a couple days of rest and I'm also about to ovulatate and my body tends to hang onto the lbs around that time. Anyway, stupid post I know, but do any other daily weighers feel this way?
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:38 AM   #2  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Nope..if it's a downward trend I wouldn't mind leaping over 10 lbs (or 100 ) if it got me to goal faster.
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Yeah really I don't mind! Bring on the lower numbers!

I have worked HARD the past two weeks to see onederland. And my scale REFUSED to budge- when it finally came I was 198.5- completely missing the 199 area- but it's ALL GOOD!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #4  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Why would you feel cheated about never seeing a pound on the scale? That's a good thing in my book, haha.

I do feel cheated when something like this happens. These are my last several recorded weights for the day with my official weekly recorded weights in red.

It was the day before my TOM on the second red day, so I was bloated. Even though I knew it was a "false" weight, it was still annoying to have to record it and show a .2lb loss for the week, when if I had recorded the next day, it would have been a 1.2lb loss. Oh well, haha.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #5  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

Not I, as long as its moving down I don't care if it skips 3 numbers that is after all better right? lol. I am on the scale almost every morning and I find that whatever the number is that its just a number for me because days can vary quite a bit depending on what I ate or didn't eat the day before, as long as the trend is in a downward direction I don't care what it says.

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #6  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I weigh myself most days and just take the number with a grain of salt. If the number is lower than the day before, then I feel happy. If it is not, then I take it as a push to do a little better today.

The only time I feel cheated is when I am feeling lighter and the scale disagrees!! Lol!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/134/118

Height: 5'3

I feel cheated where as on my official weigh in days its like yah I saw that yesterday and I'm not as excited as if I had to wait a week and see a big number.
Caleighsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

I've had this odd trend going on where I will show a significant weight loss from the day before like a pound or a pound and a half. Then for the next two days my weight will be higher than that weight and then on the third day my weight will drop that pound or pound and a half.

Wed 235.4
Thur 235.8
Fri 236

I'm hoping for that weight drop tomorrow! For me weighing myself everyday shows just how much our bodies fluctuate in weight from a multitude of factors. I know I'm doing well and headed in the right direction. Until I see a significant increase in weight I'm going to OWN the 235 from Wednesday!
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #9  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

I weigh every few days, and there are many when I feel aggravated or cheated, but realize it is 'just a number.' I try to focus on how I feel, and go from there. I know if it hasn't moved down, it is ultimately from my snacking or not moving enough.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #10  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I would be thrilled if that happend to be. I am with mkendrick, I just feel cheated when my scale is down on week but up on weight in day.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #11  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Not in the way you describe, nuh-uh, no way! I am elated when I skip a number entirely. Where I DO feel cheated is never seeing those really big numbers. Case in point: It's been an awesome week with nearly a pounds difference every day!! (I never lose like this so I am ecstatic.) I have had a 5.5 pound loss this week! I feel a little cheated that I didn't have that jaw dropping moment, though frankly my jaw did drop just a little when I found I'd lost two pounds over night into today.

That's the only way I feel just a little cheated.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #12  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

this week I started monday at 138.0 and ended at 135.4. NO WAY do I feel cheated that I made my goal weight and didn't bother spending much time at any weights!!!!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #13  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Why the Scale Lies. Another post on the same topic, this one dealing more specifically with low-carb diets and how they affect water in the body.

Required reading for any frequent weigher!

Water makes up 60% of our body weight. Sodium levels, hormone changes (not just "women" hormones, but the ones that regulate our appetites and everything else), glycogen levels, etc. -- it all affects our weight. Plus, our "weight" on any given day is not just fat... but bones, muscles, organs, etc. When you lose a pound, the scale doesn't tell you whether you've lost a pound of fat, a pound of water, a pound of muscle... or some combination therof.

I'm not saying not to weigh yourself! I'm just saying that you need to be aware of what that scale is measuring, and the many things changes in that number can mean. What you need to focus on is the TREND in the numbers overall (and not just over a week, but over months).

And when you just can't deal with the scale any more, focus on your NSVs (non-scale victories), which can show so much more how your body is changing, shrinking, adjusting, than just a number on the scale. Are your clothes feeling bigger? Do you need to pull your belt in another notch? Are you finding it easier to walk up three flights of stairs? Did you ignore the break room doughnuts completely, until you were back at your desk, when "before" you would have obsessed over them? All of those are milestones along your journey just as much as a change in the scale is.

Last edited by synger; 04-09-2010 at 12:40 PM.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 164/128.5/125

Height: 5'3'

My water weight fluctuates so much, (often 2lbs every day) that I don't even notice if it misses one particular lb. I must have a lot of water and hormonal fluctuations! I know that though, so I just watch for the general downward trend.
littlemissbliss is offline   Reply With Quote