Old 04-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Fitness Videos....

well, I have Tae Bo... a good number of them, and a kickboxing video, and even a belly dancing video. I get discouraged... I can't keep up... how do you do it? Is there a good video that I might be able to keep up with that still gets in a good burn rate and a fair range of different areas of use?
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:09 PM   #2  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

You might try Leslie Sansone "Walk Away the Pounds" and Richard Simmons has a variety of tapes for beginners. www.collagevideo.com has previews of them and groups them in levels of intensity. I have 4 children, so workout videos have been my primary source of exercise. They are challenging at first, but you do have to get ones that aren't so much so that you quit before you get started.

HTH
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Or Kim Lyons series.

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...up-series-5742

I started there.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Default ok...

cool thanks I'll check those out. I remember Richard Simmons.... he was amusing, we used to do "sweating to the oldies" in gym class....
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #5  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

I vote for Lesley Sansone. A lot more of a burn than you think it would be, but her pace is such that you can keep up with an active - but not overwhelming - heart rate.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 112kg 247 lbs/90kg/67kg 147lbs

Height: 5'3'' 160 cm

Hi NightAngel
My vote goes to Richard Simmons ... all I lost so far , I've lost with help of his two old tapes : Disco sweat and Tone and sweat ....
I was about same weight as you , when I started ....so I think if I could do it , you can do it too .... just don't give up ....
best regards
Nell

Last edited by Nell68; 04-05-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Nell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #7  

Aside from all the good suggestions here (and I would also say that Susan Powter's stuff is all very simple and easy to follow), is learning to modify moves.

I don't like high impact and often can't keep up, so I've learned to modify to low impact. I've also gotten over the idea that I MUST do exactly as they are doing....now I'm comfortable switching in a different move if I can follow what's there. If they are doing some kind of fancy footwork, but are essentially moving side to side, I might just use a basic side step - things like that.
Sassyinkpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 312/301/125

Height: 5'3''

I personally like the Billy Blanks Tae-Bo but it did take me awhile to feel like I was keeping up. A new one I started yesterday is the Biggest Loser, Cardio Max. I was able to do the moves and the ones I couldn't, they had a girl showing you how to do it an easier way. My heart rate was up and I definitely broke a sweat! And that was just the beginner workout!
ttmarie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #9  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

I suggest you join netflick for I think its like 8.99 a month and you get 1 dvd sent to you at a time they have a millon workout videos almost ALL that were mentioned and you COULD TRY them see how they work for you before you buy. Thet have a very fast turn around time. I send in one day and by the day after that I have the new one. And if you have fast download you can watch unlimited on your computer NOT all are available that way but LOTS! Its a great way to try!!!!
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 312/301/125

Height: 5'3''

Deva- I didn't know Netflix had workout videos?!?!?!? Holy crap! My fiancee has been bugging me to get Netflix forever now and I kept blowing him off because I thought it was a waste of money. But $8.99 is WAAAYYYY cheaper then a gym membership!!! Thank you for that great idea, You are genius and there's a great chance that I love you now......
ttmarie23 is offline   Reply With Quote