Old 04-05-2010, 07:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, menu, exercise, support, a chat....week of April 5

If you'd like a place to have some accountability, put your daily plan, some support or a chat, please feel free to post.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:37 AM   #2  

Yesterday was a healthy delicious day. I stayed under 1400 calories and enjoyed an abundance of healthy and traditional food. I am grateful for the willingness to try.

Today I have my yearly physical. It's at 9:30 am. So, by the time it's over, I've taken my synthroid medication and then wait an hour to eat - it's likely to be close to 11:00 am. But, unless my blood sugar happens to get low I think I'll manage because I am trying to learn that eating is not an emergency most of the time - that being really hungry won't hurt me every now and then.

breakfast - almond butter, on english muffin, orange
lunch - eggwhite scramble with turkey pepperoni & lite cheese, toast, asparagus
snack - fiber bar, strawberries
dinner - salmon, sweet potato, lite margerine, pickled beets
snack - rice cake, lccheese, 1/2 banana

Shout out to anyone peeking in. Hope you have a wonderful and healthful day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-05-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:15 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

bev- I have my 6 month check up today as well. I have to be there at 8. I sure missed my morning coffee today.

My plan for this month is to see how many days I can be POP, so far all have been but sat when we celebrated Easter but it wasnt bad. I have the next 3 days off work, its our spring break.
food for today- light breakfast peanut butter on a thin bun after labs
lunch- leftover chicken and greenbeans and a tiny potato half
dinner- porkroast if it thaws..if not then porkchop and veggies
exercise- mow the yard while hubby weedeats and a 1 mile walk
water-128 ounces
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #4  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!!!

Beverlyjoy--Great job yesterday! Great plan for today.

dgramie--Sounds like a good plan!!!

Ok, so, NOT a great weekend food wise. Not terrible choices, but certainly could have done better. I did surprise myself and did not eat any candy. NONE...didn't even consider it. Not even when my niece was showing me her Easter basket yesterday...she received mostly fruit (a tradition my parents started w/ us..we used to get whole pineapples, cucumbers, coconuts...and one candy item) I did get a lot of walking in since the weather was SO nice. But nothing really strenuous.

I need to SERIOUSLY step it up. No more playing around. My capris that were just fitting last summer don't fit anymore. I am sure my blood pressure is still borderline on the high side, that is NOTHING to mess around with. My niece talked to me this weekend about what a role model I am for her...really? In some ways, sure, but certainly not in the eating healthy/taking care of myself way.

I am going to the gym M, T, W, and F. Zumba class on Th. "Easing" myself back into the gym totally did not workout like I thought it would, so it's time to ditch that plan. I need to re-establish a routine.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:57 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. It was a good weekend for me overall, even though I indulged a lot yesterday. I had a good week last week for working out, but need to step it up on the rest of the plan. So, I worked out today and plan to all this week, and then at dinner I am going to really have to be diligent on watching portion sizes and what I'm eating. I lost a pound last week, but I think it could have been better.

(On that note, I did update my ticker. I had gained 3 pounds and did not record it before. Now it is correct for this week. No more fudging the ticker!)

Beverly - Hope you have good results at your annual physical!

Dgramie - Same to you on your checkup! By the way, I had to laugh about your pork options. Roast if it thaws, chops if not. Ha!

MJ - You sound like you are where I am with needing to step it up. Good luck this week! Hopefully we both can meet the challenge!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #6  
mj5

Diane--We can step it up together!

Ok, so you know you have been away from the gym too long when you in and EVERYTHING has been moved around. Ok, well, maybe not everything, but the treadmills are totally gone (temp)...they are fixing/replacing some and moving stuff around....there was a new bike I tried tonight, I really liked it...yea, need to get my booty there regularly! LOL!!

Tomorrow...weights and cardio!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:02 AM   #7  

Hi chickies - Yesterday I stayed in my calorie range - I am grateful,

At my annual physical, my doctor noticed my wieght loss and was pleased. She thinks that some pain I am having is a hernia - we have to watch it and the pain level.

I talked alot my my foot surgery I will do this fall. - my concerns and fears. She didn't have any answers really about it that were very comforting. She did point out, however, I've done surgeries in the past and got through them. I am just freaked over the fact I won't be able to put any weight on my foot for three months, the havoc it will cause to my back changing my gait, I have trouble taking pain meds, it may be as long as nine months for my foot/ankle to really heal, and not being able to work for maybe that long - ugh to it all. I suppose if it was so, so painful I would have done it already. I've adjusted my life around this injury in order to avoid the surgery. I am managing - but, not really living. The whole thing really scares me - I guess I am not as brave as I used to be.

I am anxious to get my lab results because there should be a big improvement. I'll let you know.

By the time I ate my first meal yesterdy it was 11:45 - I felt true hunger and it didn't 'kill' me to do so.

today:
breakfast - pnb toast, boca bacon, 1/2 banana
lunch - wrap with refried beans, lite cheese, salsa, salad with evoo & vinegar
snack - fiber bar, orange
dinner - grilled chicken, brown rice, asparagus, beet salad
snack - pnb and honey on rice cakes, sf cocoa

dgramie - hope your physical went well. I think you have a good plan for this month! Enjoy your time off of work.

mj - I like your new determination to get to the gym. You and dgrammie can do it!!!!!

slash - hooray for losing a pound last week! You've got some good determination to keep in that direction.

Brandijune - I hope you are doing well and can check in.

Take care everyone.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-06-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #8  
mj5

Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--I totally hear you about the surgery.....I *could* go ahead and have my knee surgery any time OR I can continue to "buy" more time w/ the injections....for now I am choosing to "buy" more time. I "know" this kind of pain. The recovery, well, let's just say I am NOT looking forward to it..etc. BUT you know when its time. We'll be here for you!!!!

Rhonda--Hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Tonight I am doing weights and cardio at the gym.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:07 AM   #9  

My labs all came back fine. My bloodpressure was still a bit high and she is adding water pill(lowest dose) to my reg blood pressure med. She thinks Im holding fluid and dont realize it.Guess time will tell...my bp was normal today at home.
food- breakfast 3 egg whites and a banana
lunch- pork and salad
dinner- pork and veggies...
snacks to fill in the calories
apple with pb and string cheese

exercise- did 120 min yesterday...

Last edited by dgramie; 04-06-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #10  
Diane

Hi all. Well I didn't get to the gym this morning, but only because I needed to take my car in to get some work done on it and I had to make a meeting at 8:00, so I just wouldn't have had much time to get it all in. It is spin day and I hate missing that, but I didn't want to leave early. Might be just an excuse, but that's how it went. I was good with being on plan yesterday, and I'm trying to be good today. So far, I'm ok!

MJ - Yep, that's bad when you miss out on the new stuff and things changing. Ha!

Beverly - Glad your doctor noticed your weight loss. That's nice to hear! I really feel for you having to do the surgery. I am sure that is scary stuff. Hope it all goes well for you.

dgramie - Glad that your results were good too.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #11  
amazing

S/C/G: 214.5/185.2/115

Height: not quite 5'1"

Hey Chicks!

This is my luck: today is my birthday and tomorrow I am heading to the beach and I just got my TOM. While I am happy that explains why my scale hasn't been moving much this week, you all know it sucks.

So of course I am feeling all bloaty and icky when I'm outside letting the dog out, and my neighbor was driving by and stopped and said "you have lost a lot of weight! you look great!" which of course made my whole day. It's the first compliment from somebody who didn't know I was trying to do this.

I have been perfect this week so far, I don't celebrate Easter, and am celebrating my birthday this long weekend with my cousins and brother at the beach, instead of now.

Beverly- I didn't know you were on Synthroid, I am too... the whole reason I got fat was because I stopped taking my medication when I went into a depression. I hardly ate anything, but still gained so much weight. My next visit to the doc will be in July.
HokieLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #12  

Hi chicks....the good news....I am down two pounds from last Wednesday. YAY. I am so excited to be able to change my mini goal to 209, too. I am grateful.

But...last night I ate in response to stress. Sometimes it's like everything I am learning about living sanely with food just disappears from my brain. I have coping techniques - but, I wasn't willing to use them. However, I am up today with a plan and am planning to make it a healthy day.

log food
lots of water
fork down between bites, eat seated only, no seconds
stretches and strengthening
feel fullness
slow mindful eating

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, 1/2 english muffin with pnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - vegetable soup with cheese, asparagus
snack - fiber bar, yogurt
dinner - chicken on the grill, corn, salad
snack - rice cakes, cheese, orange

hokieloki - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have fun at the beach. So glad you've had a good week - build on it. Yes, I've been on Synthroid for 35 years. In the beginning I didn't understand what it was all about and didn't take it for a year or more....and I gained alot of weight. It's possible to lose weight while taking synthroid but you have to be careful about taking it in the recommended manner. It's a good and important medication.

slash - sorry your car stuff interferred with getting to the gym Glad you had a good food day!!!!

dgrammie - wow...120 minutes of exercise and good labs...You rock!!!!

mj - yes...we have to decide 'when' for these surgeries. I know you can totally relate to the conversation I keep having with myself. We will both know when it's 'time'. Hope you had a good evening at the gym

have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-07-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #13  

Oh by the way the dr noticed my weight also...the fact that it was up 13lbs in 6 months. I got a lecture for that! I was told to exercise more and watch my calories closer.
He did say that you still have to look at the whole picture that i am still down from dec07 by 75lbs.
food for today
1 boiled egg and 2 whites and a banana
lunch - salad and pork( on the side)
dinner- baked beans and pork and aspargus
I am so ready to be done with the pork ...lol Its nice to have it cooked and ready to use as my protien though.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:18 PM   #14  
Diane

Well, not so good for me. I didn't go to the gym today. I overslept. I have been really busy at work and busy with the kids' stuff. I just ignored my alarm clock. Oh well, I'm going to try to get out and walk at noon if the wind isn't crazy again today.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Hey everyone,

So sorry for the LONG break...my life is so crazy right now. My conference is tomorrow and Friday but that's not really even the reason I've been away from here for so long...

Hubby and I decided to go for buying a house in April to get the tax credit. It's been crazy to say the least. We finally got an accepted offer this afternoon so we don't have to spend every spare second trying to find a place to live Cross your fingers everything will work out.

BUT I miss you all tremendously. I was too crazy this week to officially weigh in at Weight Watchers but I'm down to about 255 on the home scale. I haven't had much time to eat lately so I'm nervous about a regaining period when life settles down a bit.

I just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still alive. I'm hoping to be back in full force on Tuesday.

Hope you all are doing well! Miss you my friends...
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote