Old 04-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ April

Christian Encouragers

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:27 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Already April and Easter is coming tomorrow...HE IS RISEN!

Angie and I read parts in Good Friday service as usual, she was the narrator this year and I was Peter...I have read the part of Peter several times before.

Pretty much all the family will join us tomorrow...should be 21...cool....my daughter in law is in Florida visiting her family. Not sure yet if we will have anyone here for Easter dinner or not....we thought about waiting until my dil comes back but about the time she does my daughter flies out to Great Lakes for work for...hummm...I'm not sure how long?...what a dad huh....doesn't always know where his 26 year old married daughter is at all times

Anyway, we we may or may not get together with the kids/spouses tomorrow for dinner...but since we weren't sure Angie and I decided to have fish tacos rather than cook the ham and potatoes, etc.

My son came over today and moved a ton of stuff he left crated in the garage when he got married 3+ years ago....finally...he lives only 1.5 miles away and his house is bigger than mine. All his trophies, sports goodies...etc. Took him all day to go through it...I did my chores and visited with him off and on too...a nice day.

Well...back to the game

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Oops ... I posted this in last month's thread; didn't notice the new thread hadn't been started yet, so I copied it in here too!

DON'T WORRY GARY ~ we are REMEMBERING OUR LORD every day this week ... we pray each morning and meal; and in the evening before bed; and with my devotions too.

JESUS is our friend -- faithful and true to the end! We are ever grateful for all He has done for us; He was so brave and courageous. Have been reading daily in my devotions and scriptures (twice a day, I might add) everything that He went through the week before His death.

I really liked the devotion from the Daily Bread today; it was a parallel analogy comparing the diagnosis of cancer (or other serious illness) before, during, and after -- with Christ's death, burial, and resurrection. When I got sick about 5 years back that is what it seemed like to me too: the death of our wellness or normality, as we knew it at the time; the burial of our old way of thinking and living; and the resurrection: a new awareness and a better way of living.

There was a huge transformation for me in my spirit and mind -- GOD carried me through it and still is, but showed me so many marvellous things as well: how to be more grateful, and appreciate every second, of every hour, of every day. To stop and smell the roses, to appreciate all GOD's creation, plus all of his beautiful creatures, and of course -- our families and friends. All of this being magnified more than it ever was before ... the grass was greener, the sky bluer, and I noticed so much more than before!

All through those years, the one thing that stands out is that I have been getting even closer to GOD and the LORD, even though I thought I was very close already. Plus He taught me the true meaning and value of Praise; and He showed me this: that GOD is our only true, pure, Abba Father ... and JESUS is our one, true, faithful friend and brother (like no other)! No-one and I mean N0-0NE ~ can compare to them in my eyes now!

You know, I was thinking that our weightloss journies could fit into that analogy too -- the diagnosis: realizing the old way of eating/living was not healthy for us, and making the necessary changes: death to the old ways of thinking and living; the burial: of all our old bad habits; and the resurrection: to a healthier way of eating and living, leading towards restored health ... and instead of leaning on food, trusting and leaning on GOD and the LORD for everything!

Well, didn't mean to write a sermon, but we are ever mindful of all the LORD has done for us at this time ...

We had a busy day, but did take some time this evening to go for a nice drive to the country and enjoy viewing the beauty of GOD's creation here. It was very, very hot here but with a terrific wind so it was nice to go for a drive in the cool of the evening too!

Hope all our friends here had a good day too! Happy Resurrection Day tomorrow ... or HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY!

Oh, btw ... my flowers are coming up in my garden today, so I gave them a bit of water too! Rosebud
Old 04-04-2010, 12:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

JUST DROPPING IN TO WISH ALL OF YOU A BLESSED AND HAPPY EASTER AS WE CELEBRATE OUR RISEN SAVIOR AND ALL HE DID FOR US!!!
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow. I got 3 of my tomato plants planted need to get 10 more in the ground! i planted my spaghetti squash in a pot and I am going to let it grow out of it so I can keep it good and watered. I still have a lot to plant green beans, purple hulls , okra, corn ,squash , cucumbers, melons catolopes and the rest of the tomatoes. I still need to till some more . Sausage is doing better but still off balanced some. My brother is doing better and I sure hope he continues to do better. At least now he is wanting to shave and get his hair cut. He exercises every day now and he does not seem to be upset with me. Thank You for praying and making a difference in my life. I sure am glad I came here.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #6  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Easter!! Looking forward to a wonderful service in the morning!! Our God is an AWESOME God!
thinmintintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #7  
Rosebud

Yes, He is Risen -- Our Lord is Risen! Now we know GOD's amazing power ...

HAPPY EASTER!!!

Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Ooops! Guess I was lost for awhile! I posted this link over in the March thread! Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!
http://www.crosscards.com/cards/holi...r-preview.html

Last edited by Karen31; 04-04-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:32 PM   #9  

Hi Karen , you reminded me of Amazing Grace when you said you were lost, love that song! I lost my phone today and just found it tonight and the battery needed charged so did not get to call my brother today.

My goat Blossom still did not have her baby! Hubby thinks she may have triplets the way she looks, never seen a first timer to have an udder as big as hers! She looks like a 3 year old Milk goat!

Sausage is eating better but still not got her balance yet still very good, but it is better. I have a cat that has an abscess on him and i took him to the vet and been giving medicine but it is not curing up yet.

Got 3 of my tomato plants planted but still got about 14 more to go! Also the rest of the garden.

Last edited by Bootsie; 04-04-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:13 PM   #10  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Everyone! Seems like forever since I've been here. Thank all of you so much for the prayers during the last 3 weeks. DS3 and I came home Friday after finally getting all the business end of things done in Indiana. It was so sad to leave my aunt. She so sad to no longer have a brother and I feel like an orphan, even though my mom is still here, but she was never as connected to me as my dad was, due to her mental illness. He always felt he had to protect me from her moods and irrationality. Still have a lot to do to finalize dad's things, like his 09 taxes and then the '10 taxes whenever forms are out for that, plus find out what my sister wants of dad's things-he didn't have much, but what he had kept was special to him, you know. My home is decorated with items that were special to our family members who are gone, which kind of keeps them close to our hearts.

We did go visit MIL Sunday and took her out for Easter dinner. She starts the hormone chemo today for 5 weeks, I think, but she's doing much better after the mastectomy. Thank you all for the prayers for her, too.

Not much else to say right now, as I'm just feeling so lost. You're all in my prayers. Blessings to all!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #11  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ had a busy day today ... and cleaned out our back porch more whilst DH was out this AM. Then I started in on what was left in the shed (only one corner) and found a box of my missing books, most of which were healthy cookbooks, etc so was glad to find them. All my cleaning is done out there now. So we got the back yard done and the porch and shed for spring.

Some more of my spring flowers are coming up thanks to the rain showers we had the past 2 nights. Even though it is a bit cooler here, we did have some on and off all day today, which was nice.

HI KAREN ~ glad you were found and are back with us in this thread too; I did the same thing too!

RONNI ~ prayers still going up for you and yours; it will take some time to adjust and grieve these losses, but it will get easier eventually ...

BOOTSIE ~ prayers for your cat, Sausage, and for the safe arrival of new baby goaties too ...

Hope you all have a wonderful week coming up; prayers are still going up for you and yours. Take good care of yourselves ... Rosebud
Old 04-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #12  

My goat had her babies today. I turned her out and she came back to the house to have her babies. She had the first one herself but the 2nd one had a leg backwards and I had to pull it out both are doing great and they got their bellies full that is for sure. They should grow like weeds but boy did she look skinny after she had those two but she did I say get rid of 15 pounds in one day.
Sausage is eating different things but she only wants human food and not canned food. I swear that dog watched TV the other night what they put in that dog food. YUK!

I got my tomato plants all in the ground , two rows of beans planted and my squash is coming up cucumbers, corn, .What I really love is spaghetti squash and it is really growing! I know my tulips are beautiful Rosebud I hope they bloom soon for you. Fixing to have a plant sale and what is left over I will have to find a place to plant it.
My brother sounded better today but every Monday seems like he feels better then he goes down hill.

Last edited by Bootsie; 04-06-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #13  

Bootsie, I can't believe you are planting your garden already. I don't plant until mid May. Even then once in awhile it frosts late in May. Looks like this year is warmer but it is so unpredictable here in WI. Even if it doesn't freeze, the ground is so cold that the seeds don't grow and sometimes rot. I do have tomato plants and watermelon plants started in the house.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #14  

Carol that is one reason it is so wonderful about living in Texas! I notice during the Hot summer months y'all are just really getting to harvest your vegetables ,when we have been eating out of ours all winter long. I have been eating on Spinach,onions, turnips and carrots. I plant my carrots in back of an old dishwasher, my husband was going to throw away a vacuum cleaner the bucket kind . I said hold it there! Drill some holes in the bottom of that and put some dirt in it and plant some of that squash you have planted inside. Now he has squash on wheels! He went around back and he has had a commode back there to put inside and he planted cucumbers in it so I know now I will get a new commode when he puts one in our feed store! Ha!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #15  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ good news about Blossom: two healthy baby goaties; and glad Sausage is now eating more regular -- can't blame her really, which food would you choose? She's been a good ole girl, so she deserves a little spoilin' at her age!

You know, our local Feed Store just closed its doors for some unknown reason. I overheard someone asking a local politician to have a meeting about this unexpected turn of events -- although I knew something was up becuz the last time we were there, they had no bird seed or even chicken scratch but for a partial bag, which I bought anyways so our birdies had something to eat. It's not good to have to go 80+ miles to get feed for all our farmers and other folks too.

We had nicer weather than they predicted today; it got up to 68 F and higher by the afternoon. We did a lot of running around trying to find a vacuum cleaner as ours konked out on us. First, I tried to order one and that turned into a fiasco; so I ended up buying the last one they had at a local hardware store. They had to do a search to make sure they could get me a replacement filter, but it will have to come from the manufacturers now. Things are sure getting complicated today ...

So I got lots of walking in; and I will try out my new upright vacuum tomorrow to see how it works. Got some more totes to finish putting stuff away; now we will be very organized. I also picked up a rolling drawer tower on sale for my miscell office stuff; that will be handy too.

Well, my feet are throbbing and it's time for tea; so take good care folks and hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-06-2010 at 09:44 PM.