Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 03:43 AM   #1  
missaprylj

Red face Duuhhhh.

Apryl the rocket scientist has just decided that---

Eating junk, not excercising, not getting your water, eating more junk and drinking sugary soda makes you feel very, very, very bad and disgusting... I'm thinking it's my body telling me "HEY! HEY! KNOCK THAT OFF!!!"

Eating vegetables, fruit, wheats, low fat dairy, getting plenty of water, and at LEAST 20 minutes of excersize (preferably 30-60) a day makes your body sleep better, feel energized, burn fat faster, keep from getting sick.... etc. etc. etc. Perhaps that's your my body's "rewards system."

So then, why do I still do "Plan A" to myself? Grrrrrrr. Thanks for listening, what are your thoughts? Peace. -Apryl

Old 01-26-2003, 06:52 AM   #2  
Searching

Apryl

Because we have trained ourselves for so long to eat the crap and our brain likes the sugar. Its natural instinct. Training ourselves to eat the good stuff first and cut back on the rest is hard work. Keep working on it!

Moving and grooving keeps the body Happy!
Miss Chris
Old 01-26-2003, 12:43 PM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Apryl - That realization is the first step! Now that you're aware how your body CAN feel, you'll be more able to stop yourself (or at least slow down) when you feel like eating junk.
Old 01-26-2003, 02:49 PM   #4  
missaprylj

I suppose so. Miss Chris--- has anyone ever told you that you look like Julia Stiles? You do!!!! Peace. -Apryl

Old 01-26-2003, 04:02 PM   #5  

Apryl ... I don't know the answer, but I think it's the old instant gratification thing -- it tastes good NOW and makes us feel lousy later, vs, it tastes ok now and makes us feel GREAT later. We want good NOW. We need to teach ourselves that 'long term is better' ... which is sometimes easier said than done.
Old 01-26-2003, 07:23 PM   #6  
Catwoman

For me it's a mind thing, when I want to be bad only fattening food will satisfy me, even though it doesn't taste as good. I know it's bad for me therefor I want it. Really self destructive and I always regret it later. I mean who ever heard of binging on salad sandwhiches? I've tried to learn from the guilt and regret I feel afterwards and when I feel like binging I really ask myself is this what I want?? Will I regret it later? Then hopefully I go read a book and keep myself busy untill the urge pass's. It always pass's and I feel 100% for not giving in.

Kitty
Closed Thread