Old 04-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #1  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

Talking I SURVIVED Easter Weekend (and lived to write about it)

Hello Everyone!!!

Hope you all had a nice weekend!

I survived and managed to not GAIN any weight at all!

It started Friday with lunch with my daughter, then Good Friday Service then dinner following that with a bunch of friend.

THEN

Saturday - meals out and the MOVIES (you know movie food)

Sunday - BIG EASTER LUNCH/DINNER with these incredibe desserts (that I didn't make)

How did I do it?

I walked 2 miles each day. I indulged just a TAD - and I mean a tad, like not even a sliver slice of dessert, more like a fork full taste of a dessert - but I have learned that fork full taste does the trick. I really monitored what I ate and how much of it.

We had 30 over yesterday and had this big lunch, I already told all of the ladies coming to bring sneakers and shorts if they wanted to walk after lunch, and they all did! So that was fun and we walked far - really more than 2 miles

THIS BOARD IS AWESOME AND I AM SO VERY THANKFUL FOR IT! I even talk about ya'll
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/265/175

Height: 5'8

I was so worried about Easter weekend! I stayed on track and I am super proud of myself! I did get made fun of for bringing out the measuring cups and food scale to measure out my Easter meal but I could have cared less what they thought!! I stayed away from things I didn't know the calorie counts on and was thankful my sister "forgot" to bring the dessert. All in all it was a wonderful weekend! Good for all of us who stayed on track!!!!
Trinity1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #3  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

everyone on a job well done!

I made it too! And NO Easter Candy! Whew I am glad that part is over.

Yesterday I did have a piece of my mil's Bunny Cake...and I feel bad about it. I am trying not too...I am upset cuz I said I wasn't going to have any (to myself) and then I did!

This was the 1st time I have been around dh's family since I lost weight. I was nervous about that. But all in all it went well! YEAH!

**sigh** now we are free until the graduation parties start! UGH!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:29 AM   #4  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

GREAT JOB! Man, last year I know it wasn't like this - I over did it, as I always did before March 1st of this year - I would go WAY overboard.

I didn't get made fun of, but when I checked calories on stuff and would say it outloud people would call me a FUN SUCKER hahahah...but doing that really made me think - do I really want this small piece of whatever that is 380 calories - uh, NO! Before I would have had 2 or 3 'helpings'.

YAH us!
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/210/180

Height: 5' 7"

I didn't make it through the weekend. We bought Easter candy for the grandkids, which was a big mistake. They only got what I didn't eat. For the last few days, if it wasn't nailed down, I ate it. Somehow, I've got to get my eating under control.
NebraskaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Great great job!

I did... okay over the weekend. Indulged a bit more than I should have (but not candy, just going out to eat at other peoples houses type foods) but my stomache is KILLING ME. We had steak last night and blerg... I don't do steak well.

I'm very impressed at how well you did! Great job!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/241/145

Height: 5'4''

I did pretty well. Friday night we had Indian food and between the original dinner and later trips to the fridge for leftovers that night, I finished the whole portion when I'd sworn I'd only eat half. I probably ate at least 1000 calories from the Indian food alone. But feeling bad about that strengthened my resolve for the rest of the weekend, and I stayed completely on plan except for 2 jelly beans - and there was plenty of candy in the house.
graceandbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I stayed in my calorie range..and I am grateful.

Kudo's to folks that coped with a food filled weekend well. If you didn't...forgive yourself & hop right back on your plan.

Life will always be full of holidays, special occaisions, celebrations, office parties, birthday parties, family gatherings, etc. It's important to live with food in a sane manner - we are all trying to learn this. We all do the best we can in that moment.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-05-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

hurray! Congrats to those who made it!
I went to easter dinner with a small portion of my OWN food that I microwaved while they ate theirs.
My mom had made homemade buns, and that was the hardest to resist. The entire place smelled wonderful, and I kept telling myself I'd only have a half...but we all know how that goes lol So I resisted and didn't have anything.
VERY proud of myself
JessicaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 326/ticker/200

Height: 5'6

I was not good! enough said? lol
melNco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:32 PM   #11  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Inviting your guests to bring gear for a walk was a great idea!! Congrats on doing so well!
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #12  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

I didn't do so well. Way too many beers with my fiances family, and too many hot cross buns (that I made, that's my own fault), plus a fancy dinner Sat night. But I can forgive myself, and I will be super good this week.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

Wow congratulations for all of you who stayed on your plan. We are all human and are not perfect so we need to move on after the bumps in the road I personally went out to lunch and had a salad. We stayed away from the normal hang out with families so thats prolly the only reason I was able to do it! ( I feel for the real deal) The kids' candy keeps calling me today however and I finally decided to smell it Thats good enough for me.
As for telling your guest to bring their walking shoes, AWESOME!
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote