Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Calorie Monitor besides GoFitWear or BodyBugg

I'm looking for a calorie monitor that monitors my calorie burn but doesn't require a subscription. I think ideally it should track my heart rate and use my age, weight, height and gender to determine an accurate burn (but maybe not). It would be good if it wasn't too expensive either. Any suggestions or convince me otherwise that I should get the GoFitWear or BodyBugg.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

She didn't tell us the brand, but I know my fit and well professor uses a watch to track her calorie burn. Maybe you could look into something like that?
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

There is a newer monitor called "FitBit" http://www.fitbit.com/ Don't know much about it, but I don't think it requires a subscription and I'd love to know if it works. Let us know if you get it. It wasn't out yet when I bought my GWF.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:29 PM   #4  
Closet health nut!

I've been googling and looking into the Polar watch line. I'll check out that link though, thanks.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #5  
Closet health nut!

That link was very interesting, the price is great! Especially compared to the others. Now I just can't decide because I'm not sure if I want something like that or just something to track my calories burned through exercise and something to track my pace and distance. I'm leaning towards just the exercise because I tend to get obsessive and I think if I had something that tract my burn over the entire day and tracked my consumed cals it might send me over the edge I think I'm looking for something on more of a fitness standpoint.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:45 PM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I have a heart rate monitor and a fit bit to give me a count for when I'm exercising.

Fit bit is about $100 and there is no subsciption. I changed to this from Sportbrain, but I miss how my sportbrain would record my heart rate monitor data when worn together.

I'll sometimes wear fit bit all day too b ut not often since for me the main thing I want to track is workouts.

Older fitbit thread here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...bit-users.html

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

I just bought a heart rate monitor from Walmart.com for about $20. It's also a stopwatch, programable for age and sex, gives date and time, calorie burn monitor too. It's not the best or the most accurate, but for me does the job. It's the S7 model from sportline.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #8  
GoWear Fit All-Star

S/C/G: 280/266.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I love my Go Wear Fit and wouldn't trade it for the world. For me it was totally worth the price, and then some. I haven't taken it off since January
1st except to shower.

Good luck on your research and decision!
mulder1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #9  
Loving Life!

S/C/G: 230/220/120

Height: 5'0"

I have a Mio Classic Select Pink, and I love it. It uses your resting heart rate, age, weight, etc to calculate calories burned during a workout. You can enter your daily calorie target, enter your calories consumed and it automatically keeps track for you. Plus the regular watch, stopwatch, etc. I bought mine at Canadian Tire for $60.
MakingSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote