Old 04-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #1  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

Default Bought the wrong pitas! WWYD?

I was just curious to what everyone else would do in this situation!

I wanted to try out a new recipe I found. I was suppose to buy tortillas but ended up finding pitas today at the grocery story that I thought would work better. I have no idea what I was thinking but I didnt even look at the calorie count. When I got home to make my yummy spinach/feta pizza I realized that each pita is 260 calories!!! SO do I go ahead and use them and make sure to be careful next time or give them away and have to go back to the store just to get lower cal tortillas/pitas? It just sounds like such a pain.

It increases my meal to 500 calories which is way too high for me for 1 meal. On the other hand its healthier than going out and having a regular greasy pizza. *shrugs shoulders*
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Are they pocketed?

You can cut pocket ones in half around the outside edge, so you make two equal-sized circles. That way you cut your calories from the pita in half because you're only eating half of the pita, but you still get a nice round pizza.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I agree with mandalinn. Unless you have tons of money to give away, in which case I would give away the pitas and buy the skinny ones. WoW! What kind of pitas are thery anyhow? The ones I've been buying are only 90 cals each.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #4  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

These things have me all confused....Or they've made me blind? haha

Now that Im looking at these things again, they arnt even pitas...its "flat bread" so the only thing I can do is cut them in half. But even for just half of it its a shame its still 130 cals.

I think Im just going to give them to my parents. Im usually really on the ball with these things but thanks for listening to my ramblings.
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote