South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 06:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Fabulous Friday!

Good morning on this fabulous first Friday of April! We're expecting to get up to the 80s today with lots of sunshine!

I'm supposed to meet Monica, Caitlyn & Carley in the city for a day of shopping and pampering, but I'm still waiting to hear from them, so I'm not sure what's going on. If plans are changed, I'll finished spreading soil over the vegetable beds and get my chard and radish seeds planted, at least.

So what's on your agenda for the day?
Old 04-02-2010, 06:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Linda - Where is everyone!? Your option one for today sounds a lot more fun to me. But I have purple thumbs and don't like getting my hands dirty, so to speak.

I did not want to be up so early but could not sleep and just waited for a decent time to roll out of bed. Tomatoes are roasting in the oven and here I am A nurse finally called me back yesterday to say the doctor would be in this morning and I should here from him then. I hope so!

BBL.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:34 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Chard and radishes are on my list too, Cottage. (I guess it's time to start a gardening thread.) Cyndi, I think a gentle walk will be on my list too.

We are going to have summer weather here too for the next two or three days. I plan to do some outside work and some outside loafing today. I can't believe we are going to 82º on April 2. Lots of years we are still covered with snow on this date.

Enjoy your Easter Weekend and avoid eye contact with those chocolate bunnies who are just dying to have their ears nibbled!

ETA: Hi there, Waisting! You can wear gloves for gardening if you really want to do it. They even have gloves with green thumbs! Hope you hear from the doc early this morning. I hate waiting for phone calls.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:34 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning Linda - I hope your shopping and pampering with your daughter and granddaughters works out! It sounds like a great way to spend the day. Although your back up plan sounds pretty good too.

It's supposed to be beautiful here today too, though not quite as warm as where you are. We've got a 'spring egg hunt' planned for the kindergarten this afternoon along with some running games and things so that will be a fun way to end the week and a chance for me to be outside. I'm afraid that will be my only time outdoors today though. Our son is having Easter dinner with his girlfriend's family this year so we're heading to the city to take him out for supper tonight. (I'm still adjusting to not having my kids here on holidays.) We're heading to Massachusetts in the morning to spend the weekend with my parents so I've got laundry and other odds and ends to fit into my schedule somewhere today/tonight, too! At least that will limit the time I can spend snacking this evening....

I'm turning into a regular hog in the evenings lately. I eat on plan snacks (veggies and hummus or fruit mostly) and am being careful about portion sizes, but I just feel like stuffing my little face lately. I'm not hungry, just feel like munching and I hate to get back into that habit again. Things are hectic right now and I've got so many things on my mind - I'm hoping this is just a temporary issue, a reaction to stress overload.

Good morning Karen and Ruth! I was so long winded this morning that you both posted while I was typing.

Last edited by Heidi58; 04-02-2010 at 06:36 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi58 View Post
I'm turning into a regular hog in the evenings lately. I eat on plan snacks (veggies and hummus or fruit mostly) and am being careful about portion sizes, but I just feel like stuffing my little face lately. I'm not hungry, just feel like munching and I hate to get back into that habit again.
Me too Heidi! Yesterday was the first time I posted on the spring challenge that I did not cheat and had to go back and change it! I am not eating anything off plan, just too much of the snacks. I sooo need to cut out Triscuits cold turkey for a while. For me, I think it came down to two things yesterday... baking a ham (early) that was in the oven all afternoon when I would normally roast my green bean snack so I did not eat enough veggies, and TV watching and reading. Both seem to be big triggers for eating for me. Sigh.

Ruth - We had that weather and it was great! Even being out running errands was more enjoyable with a warm breeze and no coat.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:46 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Perfect weather here too! I am so excited about a sunny and warm weekend Of course we have an Island trip planned.

Cottage - I hope you get your pampering day. You deserve it!

Karen - hope the news is positive, something a course of PT can fix would be good.

Ruth - I'm so glad most of those bunnies are cheap milk chocolate, so not something I'm interested in. Of course the stinkin Co-op has dark chocolate bunnies. Sometimes I hate that place
Tomorrow will be a gardening day here. I can't wait

Heidi - My Mom subbed yesterday and said the kids were off the walls An outdoor morning sounds perfect. I snack at night if I have the TV on but if I don't I do better. I like to squeeze a little Wii time in too, it's a fun distraction. Good luck!

It's an office catch-up morning for me after 2 days out. I can't go to yoga today (silly doctor) so will try a nice, gentle walk at lunchtime instead. Then an afternoon visit, prep for tonight's Month of the Young Child Art Show and out for a drink with a friend. Looks like a busy but fun day.

I've been perfectly on plan all week, sticking to Phase 1 and it seems to be working. My grazing is back under control and there's been a little shifting on the scale.

Hmm, maybe I can squeeze a half hour walk in this morning too Hope the sun is shining where you are and you get a little time to enjoy it!
Old 04-02-2010, 07:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Karen, I hope you finally get some good news from your doctor this morning! I bet those tomatoes roasting in your oven are making your house smell wonderful!

Ruth, I have an Easter basket as a centerpiece on my dining room table filled with Easter candy, and Amber & Tyler discovered it yesterday while the rest of us were outside in the yard. I'm glad I hid the chocolate bunnies we got for the grandkids, or I'm sure they'd be missing some body parts! LOL! They hold no temptation for me, thank goodness, or I'd be in big trouble with all the candy, cookies, and other junk that Jake keeps on hand. If I end up working in the garden today, I'll be thinking of you.

Heidi, I hope you manage to get a handle on that nighttime snacking, but at least it's all on-plan stuff! Have a nice supper in the city this evening, and a safe drive to Massachusetts tomorrow. BTW, how did the kids enjoy the April Fool's Day pranks?

Cyndi, your day sounds busy, but nice. I think I'll get out for a nice walk this morning, too. It's going to be a super weekend for birding, enjoy it!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I read everyone's posts and I'll be back for an official . We weren't able to travel last night; the roads were closed over Vail Pass. At 3am I called the weather line"good news I-70 is open". We were out the door and on the road in minutes. We beat almost all of the 300-400 tractor trailers parked everwhere which was great. We passed 3 semis in 130 miles, Fed Ex, Doritos and Lays! We can all feel much better knowing our mail and junk food are heading East again!

Bingy and I are out to see the sunrise!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:02 AM   #9  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning everyone!!!

Today it is suppose to be 84 degrees here. Right now it is super foggy. I was driving the kids to school ans saw quite a few idiots driving without lights on. We live in an area where probably 300 kids walk to school and they didn't have lights on their cars. IDIOTS!!! ok I am done ranting.

I am so glad it is Friday! Tomorrow me and the kids are going shopping and out to lunch. Hubby has to work tomorrow.

I am also going to lowes to look for a shelf for work and DARN I guess I wil have to go to the gardening area too. My kids will be SOOO thrilled!! They hate lowes.

Hope you all have a great day.

Karen hope you get to hear the results soon.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:21 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Cottage - that's a tough one, shopping or gardening.

Karen - I'm with you, it kills me to wait for a dr's call.

Ruth - enjoy this wonderful weather, I still can't believe that we might have a snow storm.

Heidi - Enjoy your day with the kiddies.

Cyndi - sounds like you have eating SB friendly under control. Take care of yourself.

Debbie - Are you finished with baking the cookies. Enjoy your sunrise walk.

Tammy - Yes, lots of idiots out there. We have a law no cellphones while driving and I can't believe how many I see using the cellphone.

Had a great day yesterday. DH and I drove to Mennonite country yesterday. We had a sausage with sauerkraut but my was bunless.
Spring cleaning outside today for awhile. All the stores and malls are closed here today.
take care
Sophie
Old 04-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone,

I woke to my alarm this morning and could barely drag myself out of bed. I must have been in a deep sleep, because I haven't been able to really "wake up" ever since. I hate days like that!

However, I had a huge NSV last night. My parents are out of town (yes, I still live with the rents. Oh, promotion at work, you can't come soon enough!), and I had to go in their closet to get the first aid kit. While in there, I discovered my dad's secret stash of Pringles. I know he keeps them in there so I don't get tempted by them, which is sweet of him. But I also knew he wouldn't miss a can if I took one.

But I didn't! I thought about it. I picked up a can and was ready to make a break for it. My old bingeing potato-chip loving self would have eaten the whole thing and felt horrible about it. Instead, I said "no" out loud and put the can back, before leaving the closet.

This is huge, huge, huge for me. I have never before in my life been able to resist potato chips. And I do mean ever. They are my biggest trigger food. I went and I made myself some dinner of baked curry tilapia and kale, and Lord knows I kept thinking about the secret chips all night, but I didn't eat them. They'll still be there tonight, and I'm sure it will be another test, but I think it will be easier this time.

Anyway, happy Friday to everyone!
Old 04-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #12  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Sophie I live on a military base and it is illegal to drive while talking on phone and also while texting. We get constant reminders to not text and talk.

Jenny There is a recipe around here for kale chips. They aren't the same but they are good. They help me if I wanna snack.

Tammie

Last edited by tammies00; 04-02-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Just Poppin in Crazy here Have a blessed Easter everyone!
Old 04-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

It was an exceptionally long sunrise! Actually, as soon as Mom knows I'm here I have to go over and visit.

JennyPlain, on your NSV!!!!!!That is such an achievement!!!!!!!!!

Cottage, what a great day you have!

Karen, I hope the Dr calls soon.

Ruth, I won't look at ANY Easter bunnies today!lol

Heidi, enjoy dinner with your Son.

Cyndi, so glad to hear you have an Island trip to look forward to!!

Tammie, ooh...I love the garden depts!

Sophie, cookies done and delivered to a friends freezer. We had an unplanned schedule change for Easter. She'll take them to church for us. Your area sounds so interesting!

Kierie,

We're off to Denver soon-errands and hooking up with DD's later. Bing is coming, Rudi has to stay....probably won't get back here today. I have been starting to work the Beck program and am doing quite well staying OP with a "buddy". No temptation for me today. The scale is shifting here, too.

everyone else!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:28 PM   #15  

Default My shoulder news...

After all this waiting I still only got to talk to a nurse so did not get all my questions answered. But here is what I DO know:

I have a nondisplaced fracture of the proximal humerus. (That is on the top of my shoulder; a broken bone but still in place.) I do not need surgery. The rotator cuff is fine. This should "heal without incident." I go back to see the doctor in two weeks. Supposedly he wants to do another xray but since this didn't show up on the first one, I don't think that makes any sense. Meanwhile I am supposed to continue the physical therapy routine they gave me. And I think I can keep walking and doing my elliptical. Not great news... but could have been much worse. I suspect it will be quite sometime before I can lift weights again or do yoga Thanks for thinking of me everyone.

BBL - going to put some green beans in to roast while I shower after an hour on the elliptical and crunches on the ball. Boring, but what's an injured gal gonna do?
Closed Thread