Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

Thursday: Miles 3,4,5 of the 5 Mile Fat burning workout
PurdueGirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

I am reposting this because I put it on the end of March's thread.

Has anyone tried the Weight Loss Boot Camp DVD? It is 3 miles of walk and tone intervals. Comes with 2 figure 8 bands and has a short abs section at the end. The copyright is 2010. I bought it at Wal Mart. I just looked quickly through it this evening. Looks like a good workout, but I noticed one thing. It seems as if they added the music separately because it seems like Leslie is never exactly in sync with the beat of the music. Anyone tried it yet?

I did a little over 2 miles of this this morning. You can choose it in mile increments or one entire 3 mile workout. I wanted to just do 2 miles to begin, not overdo. But at the end of the 2 mile, just after you have done some training on the right side, you expect to do the left side.....but it stops. If you want to finish on the other side, you have to start the 3 mile section. That is what I did and then did a cool down after the other side. There are a couple of moves that caused my knee to twinge, and I have to keep the jogging on low impact. (I have knee issues with my right knee and must be very careful.) It is a good workout, but the music synching still kind of bothers me.

Interested to hear if anyone else has tried this one.

Walk on...!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

2 mile of 5 day slim, arms and legs, warm up, cool down, 4# weight.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #5  
Hail Purdue!!

I heard about this new workout on the Walk At Home forum and have gone to all 3 walmarts in my town and none of them have this as of yet, so I pre-ordered from Collagevideo and I cant WAIT to get it!

Update: I went to another Walmart today about 30 minutes from me and found this workout, Im so excited...its midnight and I think Im going to do it now!! Woo hoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieDrews View Post
I am reposting this because I put it on the end of March's thread.

Has anyone tried the Weight Loss Boot Camp DVD? It is 3 miles of walk and tone intervals. Comes with 2 figure 8 bands and has a short abs section at the end. The copyright is 2010. I bought it at Wal Mart. I just looked quickly through it this evening. Looks like a good workout, but I noticed one thing. It seems as if they added the music separately because it seems like Leslie is never exactly in sync with the beat of the music. Anyone tried it yet?

I did a little over 2 miles of this this morning. You can choose it in mile increments or one entire 3 mile workout. I wanted to just do 2 miles to begin, not overdo. But at the end of the 2 mile, just after you have done some training on the right side, you expect to do the left side.....but it stops. If you want to finish on the other side, you have to start the 3 mile section. That is what I did and then did a cool down after the other side. There are a couple of moves that caused my knee to twinge, and I have to keep the jogging on low impact. (I have knee issues with my right knee and must be very careful.) It is a good workout, but the music synching still kind of bothers me.

Interested to hear if anyone else has tried this one.

Walk on...!!

Last edited by PurdueGirl98; 04-03-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #6  

PurdueGirl-How did it go?? I was so excited that I was able to do the entire 3 mile workout this morning before work!! I'm interested to see how you liked it!!
Old 04-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Gang I'm back from out of town

did 2 miles this morning. used The Big Burn, 2 miles of Intervals.

I want to hear more about this Weight Loss Boot Camp dvd please.

hope everybody has a great day!
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

I liked how my body feels limber after doing WATP. So I am trying doing 1 mile classic of 5 mile Walk Slim and horse back riding. I noticed my legs were not sore doing kickbacks today.

So glad to have found these exercises.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx View Post
Hey Gang I'm back from out of town

did 2 miles this morning. used The Big Burn, 2 miles of Intervals.

I want to hear more about this Weight Loss Boot Camp dvd please.

hope everybody has a great day!
hugs,
cathy
This is only my second "Leslie" DVD, so all of this may be familiar to you. There is one workout on the DVD. It is 3 miles with toning (2-figure eight bands are included in the package). You can choose to do the workout in one mile increments or all together. There is also a short ab workout at the end that is separate and doesn't last very long.

The workout is a mix of high energy walking, jogging and the variations of both (side steps....with variations, knee lifts, kick backs and front kicks). The toning section is new for me and I am carefully navigating this, especially the lunges. I have knee problems. I am also keeping the jogging low-impact for the same reason.

I mentioned that Leslie seems off track with the music, but I have gotten a bit more used to that. It still annoys me slightly.

Also, it is just Leslie working out alone with no crew working out with her. I think I prefer having others in the video working, too.

I also mentioned in an earlier post that if you only want to do 2 miles, for instance, there is a problem with that. At the end of the 2 mile, just after you have done some training on the right side, you expect to do the left side.....but it stops. If you want to finish on the other side, you have to start the 3 mile section.

Hope this all helps.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 04-06-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #10  

It does help Annie Drews. that was much more info then I was hoping to get. It actually sounds good to me. Sometimes I prefer Leslie working out alone and sometimes I prefer her with a group. It just depends on my mood so it's nice to know that this one is just Leslie. I'm gonna check at my walmart on the way home and if they don't have it then I'll order it from Walmart. it's a good bit more at collagevideo. thanks so much for the info!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #11  
Hail Purdue!!

Monday: 3 Mile Bootcamp with figure 8
Old 04-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #12  
Hail Purdue!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieDrews View Post
PurdueGirl-How did it go?? I was so excited that I was able to do the entire 3 mile workout this morning before work!! I'm interested to see how you liked it!!
AnnieDrews, I absolutely fell in LOVE with this workout, Im a sucker for Leslie workouts that incorporate walking and more intense toning. The Weight Loss Boot camp workout is similar to her "Walk Strong" series, she has one that uses weights and one with the stretchie. The BootCamp reminded me of these workouts. I love it! I usually rotate my Leslie DVDs so that I never do the same one in a 30 day time span (yes I have almost ALL of her DVDs) but the Weight Loss Bootcamp is GREAT and I plan to use it at least twice a week!
Old 04-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #13  

2 mile, 30 min. w/ weights.

PurdueGirl-Glad you enjoyed the new DVD! Wow, you must have spent lots of cash for all those DVDs!! Luckily, I am not bored yet. In fact, routine is important to me, so doing the same thing over and over usually doesn't bother me. We'll see how long until I want to try another WATP DVD.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #14  

Hey Gang

my walmart had the new bootcamp dvd so I did 2 miles of it this morning. I did the 1st mile and the 3rd mile. and Annie you were right about having to finish up a leg I think this workout is meant to do the whole 3 miles but I just didn't have time this morning. oh and I did see what you were saying about the stepping being off from the music still a really good workout.

later gaters
Old 04-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #15  
Hail Purdue!!

Tuesday: 3 Mile Bootcamp with figure 8 AGAIN!
I love this workout but after 2 consecutive days Im going to be sore for sure!