Old 03-31-2010, 05:16 PM   #1  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Default At that awkward stage

My fat has always been very evenly distributed. I have an hourglass figure, just has been a very full hourglass for 20 years. And thankfully, has been coming off pretty evenly as well. Until now.

I had surgery a few weeks ago and so had to limit my exercise a bit. To me, I was looking flabby and just blamed it on the activity change. I hadn't said anything about how I was feeling about my body, but beau piped up yesterday to say he noticed my waist was getting smaller. And what do you know, he was right! Down an inch since last measured and now in a new pants size.

But the smaller waist has made visible a roll/fat pouch above the waistline that wasn't apparent before. Same thing with back fat. I was always just solid, but now some roll below the bra strap (band size on bra down 8 inches since I started).

I know this too shall pass, but I really didn't expect to be bummed out on the day I reached size 16 (started out tight 24).
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:51 PM   #2  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Hang in there...my body has constantly been changing too. While I feel like I look soooo much better in clothes at 168, I feel like my body looked better at 188 I just feel so flabby...but I know things will start to tighten up a little bit at some point (let's hope so anyway). Hey they're my battle scares right? And if I can't live with them...well then I guess surgery could be an option...
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 440/193/170

Height: 5'11"

Sorry that you are feeling a bit bummed out. I noticed in the beginning that I was losing consistently from most areas at a similar rate, but that has totally changed. We cannot control where we lose from, but it has made me feel frustrated at times to feel out of proportion. It is hard to be in a constant state of flux... For me, I just get used to seeing myself a certain way and as I get closer to where I want to be, even a few lbs can make a difference in my shape. Keep doing what you're doing. You have made great progress!
joannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Yeah-- I hear you. I used to be vain about my "slim legs" (LOL, in an almost 300 pounder, that's pretty relative...)

But now my thighs are really slim and muscular-- and it makes it look like I have these two little saddle bags at the top of each thigh that weren't there before.

I mean, I'm sure they were there, but now that most of the rest of the fat is gone, they're more obvious.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote