Old 03-31-2010, 02:43 PM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Talking spring yard work=win

Every day for the past week I've been working on my yard. Last night I did almost two hours of raking for 600 calories burned (and I POWER RAKE.) Today already I've done 50 minutes for 300 calories burned. I'm not getting in my walks for the past couple of days but I sure am working hard!!! And as a bonus... my yard is starting to look freaking fantastic!!!

Tonight? Sweeping the driveway and finishing the backyard.
Tomorrow all the kids big toys come out and we reap the benefits of all of my hard work!

So this is my little challenge to my 3fchicks and roosters. Today. Go do something that has to get done. Rake. Sweep your driveway. Prune some bushes. Bring out spring toys. If you have nothing outside? Sweep and wash your floors. Wash some windows. GET STUFF DONE and burn calories in the meantime!

So often we think that exercise HAS to be intentional... and that yard/house work gets to slack off while "we are getting healthy." You can have both!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/150

Height: 5'11"

I've loved doing yardwork this year!! Before it was this horrible chore, but this year it's been totally fun and I'm just so excited to get out there, and I'm so excited that I'm excited.
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/TickTickBoom/ST-220

Height: 5'6

I cleaned my entire front room and kitchen from top to bottom yesterday. I thought about how great that I'm getting some extra movement in while making my apartment sparkle (pretty much literally). Then I went to the gym, came back and finished up the rest of the cleaning by sweeping and mopping my kitchen floor. So nice to have it so clean!
Gourmet Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:57 PM   #4  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

My yard is still under snow, so I'm waiting on it. Last weekend, though, I did power cleaning for a couple of hours and counted it as part of my workout.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:04 PM   #5  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

I totally agree that any chore burns calories & helps out Big time~hugs girl! I DONE A THREAD ABOUT Some things like this LAST YEAR~THINGS AS SIMPLE AS EVEN WASHING DISHES BURNS CALORIES~BUT HAD SOME BAD FEEDBACK ON IT~I THINK EVERYTHING WE DO TO BURN CALORIES ROCKS you have been busy & I am so very proud of you~& These are great examples of shores we can do to burn off calories!~hope that made since ~LOL
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote