South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 06:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Beachin'

Good morning!

I thought I'd better get today's thread started. Let me get my coffee, and I'll be right back!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:07 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Whatchamacallit Wednesday

Been sitting here with my coffee trying to be brilliant and that's the best I could do. Maybe it's time to simplify things and just say Wednesday Chat.

Another busy day yesterday but I did get the huge chicken stew going and made it to Pet Therapy. Jet's haircut left them in shock and awe.

This morning I have my quilting class and then pet therapy at the clinic. It's going to be tight but we can do it. I will be stopping at home to pick up my two darlings and then dashing on. I need to make a lunch though. Better just do it.

Happy Hump Day!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:13 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage. We slept in a little because I have a doctor's appt. later that requires a driver. Our interpretation of that is a day off with errands and lunch out The doctor is closer to Trader Joe's than home so it's more logical than it sounds

Work stuff is consuming way too much of my brain. I actually kept dreaming about it last night. Hope that stops soon. The latest fiasco involves the other two functions in my office being put out to bid in Oct. with implementation of the new grants in January. They are looking for single statewide contractors to replace the 12 community agency contracts. That means my job will go away. I actually predicted this and have a good guess about the awarding of that final contract. I wish I'd been wrong on this one. This is all changing every day but the end point is soon. The final votes will happen within a few weeks and the fiscal year starts in July. At this point I will just be happy to know, finally, where things are going. Wow, and that's all before coffee. Told you I was dreaming about it!

Back on topic - I've had two absolutely perfect Phase 1 days. Not only has my eating been excellent it's been on plan so no grazing Exercise has been light but hopefully today's injection will have me back on form by Friday.

Way too much about me - how is your day shaping up? Hope your hump day glides by bringing you closer to what looks like a perfect weather weekend!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I love the title Ruth!!

I don't know if I told you, I LOVE shaving animals (unless of course, they bite me ). Especially cats.

I saw Cottage's thread....hope they're merged!! Good morning cottage!

I didn't get myself up for a run....I have a VERY slow day at work, and it is supposed to be BEAUTIFUL out today, so I'm hoping to get outside. I also need to play easter bunny and do some birthday shopping, since that wasn't complete Monday. I searched everywhere for my DS's new spring jacket, apparently almost no one makes them anymore...only hoodies. WTH? Yes, because hoodies are GREAT in the spring rain!!

I am really enjoying the soup I made the other day. The chili was excellent as well!!

Enjoy!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ah, that's better!

It's a windy one today, but at least it's blown the rain out of here. I'm expecting my GD, Amber, here very soon, and she'll stay with me until it's time to drop her off at camp at 9. She's having a blast there this week, especially since most of her friends are there, too.
I just have a few errands to run this morning after I take Amber to camp, but the rest of the day looks free so far. I'm still trying to find a source of garden soil, but the weather has put everyone behind and the only way I can get it right now is in bags, and we'd need over 100.

Morning, Cyndi! That's right, today's your injection, right? I hope it goes well! That's just awful and sad about what's happening with your job, and I can just imagine the stress you are dealing with. I'm so sorry. I hope your day brightens up.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-31-2010 at 06:20 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:35 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Twynn, I should have had you do Jazz's haircut. He is over the shock now but caused a sensation at the Nursing Home yesterday. I was told I had to register him with the office if I brought in a new dog.

Cottage, starting the day with Amber sounds nice, especially with coffee. If you drive up, I can give you some of my super-soil that was left over from the raised bed.

Cyndi, I hope your Wednesday is OK. It's a good plan to do fun stuff after your appointment. So sorry about the work situation - it must be incredibly stressful.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:47 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Checking in while coffee is brewing! Happy to announce Bing and I are heading out to our first warmish morning. I even cracked the window in my bedroom last night. When I went to check the thermometer last night it was 75 in the house and the temp was set at 65

Back soon!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

I got nothing I did enjoy reading all your posts and laughed out loud but have had a splitting headache since the wee hours of the morning and just cannot think well enough to say anything. But I took something for it and will be back headache-less later

BTW - Just curious... when you do your weight change for the month, do you weigh in on the first day then the last day? Or the first day to the first day? Silly, I know.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:58 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

For me - first day and first day in the morning first thing!
Old 03-31-2010, 07:21 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Cyndi, sorry to hear so much work stuff is on your brain. It is hard to see something go away that you so believe in. I agree that having the final answer would be helpful...being in limbo all the time is so hard. Best wishes on your procedure and I hope things get better with that very soon. Congrats! on your perfect P1 days!

Karen, I hope your headache passes very soon!

Linda and Ruth, thanks both, for getting us starting this morning.
Linda, I'm glad to hear the rain has gone and that you have't mentioned the S word today. I hope you find your soil...what an ambitious project. How was your library/bookstore day yesterday?
Ruth, have a fun day with quilting class and pet therapy.

Twynn, I hope the day turns out perfect for an outside run. I'm thinking today will be my first pleasant bike ride.

I'm going to start by baking two more batches of cookies. I seem to be pretty free of temptation early in the AM. I also have to make a new soup-I'm out. Bike ride to the pool is a must, maybe skiing(Sunday is the last day) and who knows what else. I used the power of positive and had a perfect OP day yesterday and I'm working towards another today.

Have a great day everyone! I hope the east coast flooding isn't affecting anyone...
Old 03-31-2010, 08:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

morning

Ruth - chicken stew sounds delicious

Cyndi - congrats on your 2 perfect phase 1 days. You must feel great!

Twynn - good luck finding the jacket

Cottage - Hope you and Amber had fun

Karen - feel better, maybe some Excedrin and some caffeine, or a nap would help?

Debbie - what kind of soup? After all the rain yesterday, soup sounds great!

I drove to VA yesterday and my bf and I are leaving on our cruise tomorrow. I'm hoping to keep on plan. we'll see how it goes. Off to do some shopping and get a mani/pedi today. I will probably not be checking back in until next Tuesday.
Hope everyone has a wonderful wednesday!
Old 03-31-2010, 08:07 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm back. Motrin and caffeine can work wonders!

Ruth - I had to think about that! I always joke how I weigh after I pee and before I put even the least bit of anything into my mouth! Clothes off except my underwear. I wonder how much that weighs!

Debbie - I guess that means that winter is really over! Too hot for soup here. I thought a lot about when I was going to bake my husband's birthday dessert. What time would I most be able to resist. I did not eat a bit off the beaters or spoon and the old me would have done that for sure. NSV I guess.

Cottage - that is a lot of dirt! Veggie or flower garden?

Twynn - My teen loves hoodies. I hate having that hanging down my back and making the front choke me. When I was in college we cut off the hoods - those were the Flashdance days.

Cyndi - Do sorry about what is going on with work. But yay for your PH1 days. We found out last month that TJs if finally coming here!!

I am going to try to practice patience today and wait for the doctor to call with my MRI results. I am not known for being patient. He gave me the impression it could take a week to hear but the tech told me he would have results yesterday so I think I will begin nagging before the close of business today. Or maybe give him until tomorrow. I don't wait well.

I am working out with my mom and our trainer today (since she is taking Friday off) and can only do lower body. I haven't done any strength training in over 2 weeks and expect I will get sore.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:17 AM   #13  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! Just a quick fly by this morning. I'm off work and home with my son so we will be busy, but hopefully I'll be able to accomplish some housework too. The weather is supposed to improve, thank goodness. Hope everyone has a great day...
Old 03-31-2010, 09:12 AM   #14  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning Ladies!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Cyndi good luck with the dr appt. Sorry about work filling the brain. I often dream about what bothers me or I am stressed about.

Linda I hope you can find some dirt.

Ruth LOL about Jazz and the nursing home.

Karen glad the headache is better.

Morning Debbie glad you have some warm weather. I dumped about two dozen cookies I made during my cheat this weekend. I haven't touched them since Sunday morning, but I didn't want the temptation. Have fun skiing.

Me- just another day at work. Need to do some detailed house cleaning. Why inthe world would someone put white cabinets and white floors in a kitchen. UGGHH I hate this kitchen. I live in army housing and the army thinks white is the perfect color for everything.

Time to hit the shower!

Tammie
Old 03-31-2010, 10:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy spring morning, everyone! I wanted to share a picture I took yesterday that I hope will keep everyone cheerful - I know I need it sometimes in a windowless cubicle!

In bloom!

Hope you're all having a fantastic day! Apparently, I am using a lot of exclamation points this morning.
Closed Thread