Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Lightbulb Salvation Prayer ...

Thought I would share this simple "SALVATION PRAYER" here -- just in case anyone doesn't have it; and would like to pray it, or share it with their friends and loved ones ...

THE SALVATION PRAYER ~

Lord Jesus, thank you for dying
on the cross for my sins.
I ask you to forgive my sins
(Please come into my heart)
and be my Savior and Lord.
Thank you for giving me eternal life.
Take control of my life, and make me
the kind of person you want me to be
... Amen.

GOD LOVES YOU, and He wants to be your friend. You can pray this Salvation Prayer, above, and be assured that you get to go to Heaven to be with GOD for all eternity, through His beloved son, JESUS. You can have this blessed peace of mind, from this day forward ...

PS ~ someone asked me for assurance of heaven today; and I gave them this prayer, which made them very happy -- and I hope it may do the same for others too ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-12-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:50 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

So what you are trying to say ROSEBUD is all I have to do is allow Jesus to enter my heart...

and there is NOTHING else I need to do?

A free gift?

WOW!

wow...all I have to do is to have the faith that Jesus died for me...and know that He has already FINISHED all there is to do....

wow...

and then I live and have a personal relationship with Him...here and for life eternal.....

WOW!

Way cool
Old 03-30-2010, 06:17 PM   #3  
Rosebud

Yes, GARY ~ that's correct ... when I accepted the Lord when I was 19 yy, the Salvation Prayer I was given then was similar to what you said. I asked JESUS into my HEART and Life to be my Lord and Savior. The above prayer is a bit simpler and was taken off a salvation card that I bought to hand out some years ago. And yes, salvation is a free gift and it is so easy that it's awesome really ...

I just wrote out the above prayer on a pretty card with a water falls on the front; and gave it to our friends who had asked how they could be assured that they would go to heaven when they passed (I also put in a small personal note with it). His health isn't good and he said he was scared to die becuz he didn't know where he would end up. So DH told me about this and I sent that prayer for them to pray. DH said they were so happy and grateful -- it was like a gift they had just opened up!

A lot of people are facing terminal illness at this time, and desperately wish to know that they can have peace and go to heaven when they leave here. We need to be ready to show them the way at all times; and this is a very loving and unobtrusive way to help them get prepared to meet the Lord ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-30-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #4  
Rosebud

BUMP ...

GOD LOVES YOU . . .

and He wants you to know it!!!

Old 05-02-2010, 09:49 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Amen to that!!
Old 06-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #6  
Rosebud

BUMP ...

I think this is such an important message -- don't want it to slip off the page ...

BTW, did I mention that GOD LOVES YOU? ... oh ya, He really does ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-13-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:35 AM   #7  
Rosebud

SALVATION SCRIPTURES ...

ACTS 2:21 ~ And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be saved ...

ACTS 4:12 ~ Neither is there salvation in any other; for there is no other name (than Jesus Christ) under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

ACTS 15:11 ~ For we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, we shall be saved ...

ACTS 16:31 ~ Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved ...

EPHESIANS 2:8 ~ For by grace are you saved through faith, and not of yourselves -- it is a gift from GOD.

JOHN 3:16 ~ For GOD so loved the world (us) that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him, should not perish, but shall have everlasting life.

JOHN 3:17 ~ For GOD sent not His son into the world to condemn the world, but that through Him (Jesus Christ), they might be saved.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/143/150

Height: 5'6"

Amen, What a gift! And, in God's great riches in Jesus, the gifts just keep on coming!
Old 07-23-2010, 07:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Thanks Rosebud! There are days that each of us, just have to know that Jesus still loves us no matter what mistakes we have made in our lives.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
Thanks Rosebud! There are days that each of us, just have to know that Jesus still loves us no matter what mistakes we have made in our lives.
BOOTSIE ~ I posted this on my facebook yesterday, it was sent to me by way of the weekly email from the Pastor of a church we attend when in Washington. We all make mistakes...we are children

Something to think about: “Christian faith is not neurotic dependency but childlike trust….We do not cling to God desperately out of fear and the panic of insecurity. We come to him freely in faith and love. Our Lord gave us the picture of the child as a model for Christian faith not because of the child’s helplessness but because of the child’s willingness to be led, to be taught, to be blessed.” –Eugene Peterson
Old 08-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #11  
Rosebud

GARY ~ That is so true -- we are both blessed and privileged to have a relationship with such a loving & merciful GOD; and with His son, JESUS, who provided the way ...
Old 09-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #12  
Rosebud

Here are some scriptures that tell us that WE ARE LOVED ...

2 THESS 2:16 ~ "Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and GOD, even our Father, WHICH HATH LOVED US ..."

JOHN 15:9 ~ "As the Father hath loved me, SO I HAVE LOVED YOU: continue ye in my love." (Jesus is speaking here)

JOHN 16:27 ~ "For the Father himself LOVETH YOU, because ye have loved me (Jesus), and believed that I came out from Him."

1 JOHN 4:7/8 ~ "Beloved, let us love one another; for LOVE IS OF GOD: for GOD IS LOVE." (condensed)

1 JOHN 4:10/11 ~ "Herein is Love, not that we loved GOD, BUT THAT HE LOVED US."

PROVERBS 8:17 ~ "I LOVE THEM THAT LOVE ME; and those that seek me early, shall find me." (two for one there)

1 JOHN 4:19 ~ "We love Him (GOD), because HE FIRST LOVED US."

and JOHN 3:16 ~ "For GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD (us), that He gave His only begotten son (Jesus), that whosoever should believe in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-21-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #13  
Rosebud

I'm bumping this "Salvation" thread back to the first page, as it is so important and helpful to so many people ...

LORD, may everyone who seeks you, find you ...

PROVERBS 46:1 ~ "I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me."

MATTHEW 7:7 ~ "ASK, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."

PSALM 34:10 ~ "They that seek the LORD shall not want for any good thing."

ISAIAH 58:9 ~ "Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer".

MATTHEW 6:33 ~ "Seek ye first the Kingdom of GOD & His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."

JEREMIAH 33:3 ~ "Call unto me, and I will answer you."

ISAIAH 65:24 ~ "It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear."

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-08-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #14  
Rosebud

I just wanted to THANK THE LORD for the 700 persons that read this thread; when I first posted it, I told GOD that I would really like to see at least 700 people read it, and prayed for a blessing for each one that did.

I have been having some PC troubles as of late, but I was pleasantly surprised when I came here today to see that magic number up on the thread. May the GOOD LORD bless every one that reads and says this Salvation Prayer ...
Old 01-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #15  
Rosebud

After we invite the LORD into our hearts and lives, it is good to know that we can talk to him anytime, any day, anywhere. In fact, the bible encourages us to talk to and pray to GOD constantly: this is our way of communicating our needs and wants to GOD so that He can help us. Here are some scriptures about this ...

I THESSALONIANS 5:16-19 ~ Pray without ceasing. (And) In everything, give THANKS, for this is the will of GOD, in Christ Jesus, concerning you.

HEBREWS 4:16 ~ Let us therefore ... come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in our time of need.

PHILIPPIANS 4:6 ~ Be ye not anxious for anything; but by prayer and supplication, with Thanksgiving, let your requests be known to GOD.

COLOSSIANS 4:2 ~ Continue in prayer, and watch in the same, with Thanksgiving.

JAMES 5:16 ~ Pray for one another, that you may healed; for the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous person availeth much ...

PSALM 55:22 ~ Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and HE shall sustain thee; HE shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

PSALM 55:16/17 ~ As for me, I will call upon GOD ... evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and HE shall hear my voice.

JOHN 14:13/14 ~ Jesus said ... And, whatever you ask in my name, that I will do, that the Father (GOD) maybe glorified; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

JOHN 16:23/24 ~ Verily, verily, I say unto you, whatsoever you shall ask the Father (GOD) in my name (JESUS), HE will give it to you ... (so) ask, and you shall receive, that your Joy may be full.

1 PETER 5:7 ~ Cast all your care upon HIM (JESUS); for HE careth for you.

ISAIAH 49:8 ~ Thus saith the LORD ... In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation, have I helped thee, and I will preserve thee.

I JOHN 5:14/15 ~ And this is the confidence we have in HIM, that if we ask anything according to HIS will, HE hears us: and if we know that HE hears us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desire of HIM.
Closed Thread