Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 08:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Chat - Week of March 29th - April 4th

Hope I am doing this correctly. New week...new thread

Last edited by stacerp; 03-29-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Default Collagen Packages

Originally Posted by BevS
Thanks, Uvettee, mine weren't color coded so that makes things clearer. Also, having the jello or pomegranate drink every 3rd day must be something new cause I was told to do one every day to avoid loose skin. Although I admit I haven't done so--they're not among my favorites.

Does anyone know if there's a certain amount of carbs in an item before it's considered restricted. I'm wondering because I use some low-carb alternatives to IP. Also, do any of you count net carbs instead of total carbs? I know this isn't part of IP's protocol. Just wondering.
BevS: My coach said they had just recently changed the guideline for that. We were interrupted and so I never thought to ask. But am going to ask tomorrow why not everyday... End quote

My Coach went to a big IP conference in California a couple of weeks ago. That was my question that I wanted her to ask. She said that a lot of coaches had that same question. They were told that the collagen packets should be taken a few times a week, but everyday would be optimum. So, being the 'more is better' type of person I am, I asked if 2 packets a day would help my skin even more. She said she didn't know.

I will say, however, that I think the the last two weeks (when my loss was a little less than before) my skin tightened up in my legs. I had lost so fast the first two weeks that they were looking jiggly and mooshy.

Last edited by stacerp; 03-29-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:39 AM   #3  
Started IP 3/11/2010

S/C/G: 180/130/125

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday everybody!

ckanable - I am in week 3. I've lost 10lbs, pretty much all in the hips You are doing fantastic though!!!

MuayThaiGoddess, Sgt Sparkles, and others - I struggle with depression too. This diet makes me feel a million times better (most of the time). The first week I started to have a meltdown and called my doc. He called the top IP physician and word came back that it was likely sodium deficiency that is the cause. So I've been adding extra salt to everything and the symptoms have been mostly at bay - I find I need a lot of extra salt if I have a really physically demanding day. Saturday I did the National Walk for Epilepsy and Sunday I was pretty moody but lots of extra salt on Sunday and I was back to normal. So maybe that's something you can add to your arsenals?

Birman - That is so great about the Wii!! I would love to have a family like that. I told my dad what I was doing and how great I felt, he just changed the subject. haha that is so typical of him.

ohbrandi - It's so great that your husband is so supportive. I think we put the men in our lives in a tough spot sometimes. They love us they think we are beautiful but we don't agree. They don't want us to feel that they don't think we are beautiful so they sometimes aren't the most supportive. Its great that after you talked to him about it he's helping you stay on plan. He sounds like a great guy.

sophie32 - Its 5oz of meat or 7oz of fish measured pre-cooking.

Jordanna - Thank you for the recipe! I love sharing recipes. I figure half the battle of this diet is to teach us how we are supposed to eat for the rest of our lives. We should be eating meat and veggies with a side of starch once we are in maintenance rather than going back to starch being the predominant ingredient. The more variety and options we have the easier it will be to change those habits.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:52 AM   #4  
Started IP 3/11/2010

S/C/G: 180/130/125

Height: 5'2"

MuayThaiGoddess - Have you tried your ISOPURE yet? Let us know how it tastes! I have been reading body builder reviews. Some of the body builders say it tastes great, others say its horrible, but most just say "man up you sissy its protein" hahaha!! But since we can't add fruit or mix it with milk I'd like to hear your opinion.

ISOPure looks really good nutritionally and $$$-lly.

The Zero Carb Powders have~
210 Calories
0g Total Carbs
50g Protein

Each 3lb canister has 21 servings. But based on that nutritional profile you'd only need 1/2 a serving to adequately replace IP. I'm seeing these at the Vitamin Shoppe website for ~$35/canister (or $0.83/"meal"). It looks like they also sell it in larger containers.

$0.83 is quite a difference from $4. Maybe I'll take the bodybuilder's advice and just suck it up and try it.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! I love the story about communion! I went through the same thoughts and I decided it was silly not to take communion! After all, God is in control Hope everyone is having a blessed week and is reminded of Christ's sacrifice on the cross on our behalf!

I had my week 5 weigh in yesterday and I was down 5lbs and 2 inches this week! This is such an encouragement after going off the plan during my vacation last week - back in full force

RedMonkey - thanks for the encouragement! I was in the same place during week 3 - you will get there
Old 03-29-2010, 09:45 AM   #6  

Default Trying to weigh less than my hubby

So I am sitting here drinking my morning cup of coffee and wondering if anyone else has a goal of weighing less than their spouse?

I don't know about the rest of the ladies out there, but once I got to the point where I weighed more than my husband (and he is taller than me) I stopped telling him how much I weighed. Now I can't stop telling him even if I do still weigh more than him! He has been incredibly supportive and thinks it's great that my next goal is to weigh less than him.

Funny thing is - he keeps losing weight! Since I got a new scale and have been on IP he has been checking his weight often and making sure that he stays within his 158-161lb range that he is comfortable with. But lately he's just stayed at the bottom of that range when I thought for sure that I would weigh less than him at 165! It is so hard to weigh less than he does when he is losing weight!!! But alas, I am proud of him and glad that he is keeping tabs in his weight (even though he is in great shape anyway).
Old 03-29-2010, 09:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 212/192/140

Talking

Good morning IP friends,
I had a NSV at my SIL's yesterday, she had prime rib, I took the very center piece, and before she cooked the asparagus and greenbeans all in oil, I pulled some out for me to steam in the micro and passed in the homemade bread and strawberry shortcake! (I brought my own salad) I was down this AM on the scale so I'm glad I didn't "taste" anything.

Re: the communion thing, I take the host, but don't do the wine (I never have as a communal cup just being wiped off skeeves me!) I'm with the majority, it's in God's hands! and I need all the help I can get!!

I will check back in later, I'm at work today. (work for my/with husband)

Congrats to all you losers this week!!!!
Julie
Old 03-29-2010, 09:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

I love having a new thread each week. I had a terrible week and feel like Monday is a great day to start over and get back on track. Having a new thread makes it feel fresh and new.
I love hearing all the stories about husbands/significant others. I know I asked my husband to get on me if I cheat. Well, I did this week and when he gave me a little, very appropriate, grief about it, I burst into tears. He felt so bad. Oops. I know we put them in tough spots sometimes. I think maybe I should be figuring out rewards for him too as I reward myself for mini goals.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #9  

steelgal - We actually do little crackers and tiny individual communion cups with grape juice at my church. So glad we don't do the passing of the large cup - I totally agree!

newsiemom - It is funny how we ask our husbands to keep us on track and then we are upset when they do! During my first few days of the diet I told him my breath might be terrible and that he needed to tell me - so he did and I got mad at him! Silly I know. I'm just glad he told me and no one else smelled it first Don't worry about last week! Today is a new day and you are going to do fabulously!!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:26 AM   #10  

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning all! Hope you had a great weekend. I am proud of you, Steelgal! You planned for staying on track and your willpower helped you! WOOHOO! Ckanable, I'm giggling because yes, that's one of my "secret" goals. I asked hubby what he weighed yesterday, then stopped him before he answered and said "you don't have to say if you don't want to." LOL!

Gosh, we didn't have communion yesterday at church...but I agree, it's in God's hands. I'm planning ahead for Easter dinner, trying to find out what my mom's menu plan is and what I can bring to have an IP meal for myself. If my sisters are all around, it will be hard for me to stay out of the candy etc. We have a tradition of mutiliating Peeps. I know, it's a little twisted, but it makes us giggle. I can mutilate this year but won't consume. *sigh* can you imagine what that little marshmallow, sugar covered peep would do to my system? I'd probably go into shock. Not worth it!

Happy Monday everyone, hope you have a great week.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:37 AM   #11  

Hockey Mom23 - against the peeps! My hubby loves those!! You would probably go into sugar overload!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

The funniest thing. . . I saw sugar-free peeps at the store the other day. WHAT? How is that even possible? I found it funny and very amusing.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
So I am sitting here drinking my morning cup of coffee and wondering if anyone else has a goal of weighing less than their spouse?

I don't know about the rest of the ladies out there, but once I got to the point where I weighed more than my husband (and he is taller than me) I stopped telling him how much I weighed. Now I can't stop telling him even if I do still weigh more than him! He has been incredibly supportive and thinks it's great that my next goal is to weigh less than him.

Funny thing is - he keeps losing weight! Since I got a new scale and have been on IP he has been checking his weight often and making sure that he stays within his 158-161lb range that he is comfortable with. But lately he's just stayed at the bottom of that range when I thought for sure that I would weigh less than him at 165! It is so hard to weigh less than he does when he is losing weight!!! But alas, I am proud of him and glad that he is keeping tabs in his weight (even though he is in great shape anyway).
Yes I have a goal to weigh less than my husband also . He is in great shape because he is in the army and does physical training every morning . I am only 5 lbs from reaching that goal . Im sure Ill make that goal before he comes home from Iraq for his two weeks of leave . Can't wait for that day ! HAve a blessed week everyone and keep up the good work ! Your all so encouraging !
Old 03-29-2010, 11:39 AM   #14  

I'm new to this board. I was on IP for 3 wks, lost 15 lbs, 12inches. Ithought that was great but then got an abscessed tooth, put on antibiotics and they killed my stomach with so little in my stomach. So, one root canal and two weeks later, I plan on seeing my counselor on Fri. This week, I'm following the plan without the packets. My problem with the IP plan is one day a week while I'm on plan, I get so miserable with hunger and cravings that I just about give in and cheat. I somehow make it through and then everything is alright again til about a week later and the cravings start up again for 24 hrs. Is this normal with anyone else? just wondering......
Old 03-29-2010, 11:58 AM   #15  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

ChelleFL - Forgot to comment on your other comments. Yes we did buy a lot of wine in Napa. Shipped from wineries or UPS store every day we were there. Most were cabs for my husband but I got 6+ sparklings too. Some day I will enjoy them!
About our similar start times, I started a little heavier than you so that could be why I have lost a pound or two more.
But my scale dance hasn't work yet. I am stuck for the moment. Staying calm and patient and thinking I should be careful about every bite- measure the 2 cups of veggies carefully. Avoid broccoli and cauliflower that I didn't even realize were higher in carbs. Keep avoiding restricted IPs and try to walk those 2 miles every day. (No I really haven't exercised enough-- some walking, a little Wii-- need to do more but don't have the energy) Trying to be patient. Sounds like you're doing really well!! Keep it up!
Closed Thread