Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 07:57 PM   #1  

Default Night Owls #57

Well, I just installed yet another modem, let's see how long this one lasts. It is driving me crazy. I did get the service contract on this one though, I am tired having to pay for a new one a couple times a year.

Brenda
Old 01-12-2003, 08:33 AM   #2  

PJ I take ambien too! If you do not fall asleep on it you can do things and not remember thta you did them! I eat and write letters and puter stuff!...It causes temporay amnesia!!!!!!!!!!! Not a good thing!
Yes we need our vitamins and fruits and veggies

Last edited by Candicej; 01-12-2003 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-12-2003, 02:37 PM   #3  

Hope everyone is doing well health wise, mental and ww! I weighed myself on Saturday and what a disappointment. I went up 3 pounds. I just dont know what to do anymore to get out of this rut! I decided to cool it with drinking the gallon of water. That may be holding me back. Too much water is not always good. and I need to bec ome stricter on my eating and definately need to write EVERYTHING down. Hopefully this week will be better. I invested in a work out video set. Leslie Sansone walk the walk...walk the weight away or pounds away. something like that. i have dvd's that go in increments of 1 mile 2 mile and then 4 mile work outs. I plan on starting it tomorrow. I dont know what is better...get my butt out of bed early in the morning to do it or wait til i get home. Any suggestions? What do you guys do?
Old 01-14-2003, 01:41 AM   #4  

Erica..I walk on the tredmill and outside when it is warmer. don't throw in the towel..just be consistant and it will come off! Too much water can be a bad thing and if you add salt tot he mixiute then you have retention I reatian very easily and try not to weigh on the days I know I have too much sodium.....but then again I have an affair going wihth the scale!

Eating good so far and walking..so should see some kind of a lss this week..am hopeing anyway!
Old 01-16-2003, 05:35 AM   #5  

Found this info on a site from a WW leader:

CHEESE SOUP - 1 cup=1 point. Heat until cheese melts and vegetables tender: 10 oz. Velvetta Cheese Lite - 2
pounds frozen "free" vegetables, 4 cups fat free chicken broth, 1 can Rotel tomatoes (or diced) ENJOY! Even
better, add some spaghetti squash in bowl and pour soup over. Same points

2 POINT MEAL IN A SALAD - Pour salad in a large bowl, top two cups of hot steamed "free" vegetables, top that
with salsa or picante plus 1/4 cup 2% shredded cheese and nuke until melted. YUM!

3 POINT CHILI - Chop and saute in chicken broth - 1 onion and 1 zucchini. Add 1 can each: drained kidney
beans and corn and diced tomatoes. Heat, add cumin to taste. Top with one slice Veggie Slices cheese. 1 cup
with cheese=3 pts.

CRUSTLESS PUMPKIN PIE - 1/2 = 3 POINTS! Mix together 1 can pumpkin, 4 servings Egg Beaters, 8 oz. 2% milk,
3/4 cup Splenda, 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice. Spray 8" glass pan with oil. Fill with mix. Bake at 450 degrees for 20
minutes and 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. MY FAV!!

"FROZEN" YOGURT - Freeze one Blue Bunny Yogurt for 4 or 5 hours. Enjoy your home made frozen yogurt for 2
points. Or, leave in freezer overnight, take off lids, nuke for 30 seconds - GREAT!

3 POINT MEXICAN TREAT - One slice whole wheat bread, toasted - 1/2 cup fat free refried beans - 1/4 cup
salsa - 1 slice Veggie Slices cheese - layer and nuke until cheese melts -

*VEGGIE SLICES CHEESE- Sold in produce departments. 2 slices-2 points and 40% of your daily calcium

SOME OF MY VERY FAVORITE FOODS

*NATURAL OVENS -Whole grain breads, bagels, muffins, rolls, cookies - all high fiber, low points*KASHI CEREALS
-Good protein and high fiber. I love the Go Lean Crunch with yogourt!

*BALANCE BARS, ONE SOURCE, KASHI GO LEAN BARS, POWER BAR PROTEIN PLUS, SOY SENSATIONS - Try 1/2
for a snack or a whole with a beverage for a meal replacement.

*BOCA BURGERS -For a veggie burger that tastes the closest to hamburgers. 1 or 2 pts. depending on variety

*BARBER MARCO POLO CHICKEN BREASTS -At Cosco's. Six oz. = 4 1/2 points. Company good!

*AMY'S ENCHILADAS, BREAKFAST BURRITOS AND CHEESE FREE PIZZA - try them, you'll like them

*ROASTED SOY NUTS -These save me! A great protein snack!1/3 cup is 3 or 4 points depending on variety.

*PAUL'S OATMEAL -(by Natural Ovens) Just the best oatmeal you'll ever eat

*BELLA TERRA WHOLE WHEAT PASTAS-(at Schnucks and Health Food Stores) Terrific! Many varieties.

*SPLENDA (sucralose) artificial sweetener. Tastes like sugar and is SAFE! In Diet Rite soda, Blue Bunny yogourt
and many more products. Check my Shopping List for lots more foods using Splenda.

*EXCEL ADVANTAGE 110 CAL. PROTEIN DRINK - 2 1/2 PTS. 15 GRAMS PROTEIN
Old 01-17-2003, 07:36 AM   #6  

Default Hi Everyone!!

I weighed in at home on Wednesday and lost 1/2 lb, it is better than nothing. As usual I can't get online at home, I think my modem is fine but my phone line won't work at all. I am trying to get someone out to fix it.

How is everyone doing?

Bren
Old 01-17-2003, 08:23 PM   #7  

oooooooooooooh, i just have not been doing that well eating wise. well, maybe i've been ok, just eating a little more at meal time then i should. more helpings i should say. i exercised 3 times this week. that's better than no exercise. the tapes i bought are pretty good. i am tired after i do it, so that's a good sign. I must be doing something right. tomorrow i'll weigh myself. i'll see how i did after going back to 64 oz of water. hopefully there is a change! crossing my fingers!

nothing much else is going on here. just keeping busy. actually looking for a second job. i may apply to michaels. i like the store. i want to be just a cashier. something simple. hopefully they'll have something for me.

well, i'm gonna go. hope everyone has a good weekend! Take care and be safe where ever you are!
Old 01-18-2003, 11:14 AM   #8  

Just light snow here but terribly cold! I made that 1 pt pumpkin pie with out a crust and splenda! Pretty darn good and ya think that can be counted as a veggie????? Its squash!

Still have not made the chili..got chop in the crock for tonight.

I am still op and eating well and my scale is going in the wrong direction! I better see a change this next week or I will be very discouraged!

Old 01-18-2003, 10:35 PM   #9  

Boy the weekends can be very difficult to stay on program. When I got home on Friday they had allready fixed my phone. I took the girls to a school dance Fri night and there was an abundance of snacks there and yes I did indulge. We all had a good time though. Tonight Me, the girls, my sister and her boyfriend and my niece all went to the Centrum to see the Worcester Ice Cats(Hockey), it was fun and once again I ate too many snacks. Tomorrow ofcourse is football but I will be staying at home so I should, hopefully, do okay OP. All I can do is move forward when I screw up, you know what they say, forget about the past and concentrate on the present.

Hi Erica, Oh I just love Michael's Store, I love crafts and stuff. That would be a fun place to work, good luck.

Hi Candice, Sometimes no matter what we do the darn scale fights us, I just hate that. Is it getting to be that time of month? Sometimes that will do it. Just keep doing what you are doing and it should start going back in the right direction

See Ya
Bren
Old 01-22-2003, 08:32 PM   #10  

WHERE IS EVERYONE!!!

Come out and play, I miss you guys, PJ, Setina, Emmy, Erica, Candice, Sue, Judygal, come say hi

I weighed in at 176, so I stayed the same. I have had a few days that weren't great so I am not surprised. I plan to have a great week this week. I will re-join ww on Tuesday, I hope. It is just sooooo cold out, I just want it to get up to above zero so I can have the will to go out. Today my pipes froze and are still frozen and tonight is supposed to be the coldest night yet, we are having a deep freeze. It is supposed to get a bit warmer tomorrow and maybe make it up to 20 degrees by Saturday, time will tell.

Talk to you later

Brenda
Old 01-23-2003, 03:58 AM   #11  

Bren.........Yes it's cold!

The scale moved down........only a tiny bit though but better than up!

Venting session

My son is moving back in with us and we have no room....so I have to make room! I'm not a happy camper..I need more notice..he has been gone for almost 5 years! If I felt better there would be no problem but my arms and hips are still bothering me and it will just be lots more work. Dh says I'm a horrible person cause I'm not jumping for joy and that he is our son and family helps..blah blah blah...like I said if I felt better and had more room no problem but making room is gonna be a big pain! I hate this cold..makes me hurt bad! (long story about the family he was living with.............) This is just temporary untill he gets into med school (he is trying to save money which I understand). This kid drives me nuts he is so smart but so immature!

I'm stressed................sorry for venting! I love my kids and smothered them for 18 years and then they chose to move out and it was hard to let them go...now I have to do it all over again!

...and this girl my other son has ..has talked him to moving to Chicago(her home) when she graduates! Since when did the guy move to the girls home..he has a job here running the family farms but she wants to be close to her parents! He doesn't even like Chicago.....maybe they will break up in the next few years. i will not maker a very good MIL.too set in my ways!

Last edited by Candicej; 01-23-2003 at 04:01 AM.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:04 AM   #12  

Default Hi

Hi there:

I have been lurking lately. I don't usually post, but like to come and see what you ladies are up to.

I miss reading PJ's posts. Always so lively. Hope she is feeling better, and not too over whelmed with all that is happening in her life right now.

Take care.

Sue
Old 01-23-2003, 07:17 PM   #13  

Hi everyone,

I had a good OP day today, the first good one in awhile. I am hoping to do it again tomorrow, we will see I guess.

Hi Sue,

Yes I miss PJ too, I am very worried about her. I know her well enough to know that when she goes missing, something is terribly wrong. It is good to see you back here, you have been missed.

PJ. please let us know that you are okay.

Candice,

It is very hard when our children move back with us. The best thing I can say is to make a chart of each person's chores and responsibilities, he is old enough to be expected to help out and it will make it easier on you. Hang in there.

Setina and Emmy are you around???

Well gotta go

Bren
Old 01-23-2003, 10:19 PM   #14  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Hi there Bren and other owls!!

Yes I am around and I do stop by and lurk.Thanks for asking about me Bren...good to see that you are back to losing...you have done so well!! I have just started back to WW for the umpteenth time and did manage to lose 7.8 the first week and 1.6 this week. I have a long way to go!!

I had read PJ's previous post and I too hope that she is ok. There seems to be so much going on in her life.{{{{{Hugs}}}}} to you PJ wherever you are!

Candace...my boys are still little so I guess I would have trouble just imagining themNOT HERE!! Good luck having him home again!!I think that is wonderful that he wants to be a doctor.

Hi Erica and all the other owls...anyone seen Setina lately?? I haven't and I lurk around here ALOT!!

Stay warm owls!! it is going to -5 or worse here tonight...furnace wasn't running when I got home!! but DH was able to reset it ..Thank goodness!!

Last edited by emmy; 01-23-2003 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:51 AM   #15  

Hi Emmy,

I just knew you were lurking out there. Sounds like you are off to a great re-start. I am trying but really struggling, sometimes I feel like such a failure but I keep plugging along. I know losing weight is just one of the hardest things in life for me but I will do it. I know what you mean about the cold, we have been in a deep freeze, yesterday the high was 7degrees, we won't even talk about the low. My pipes have been froze for 2 days now, can't seem to get them to unthaw.

Gotta go

Bren
Closed Thread