South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-27-2010, 01:05 PM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default New Dessert Finds

Hi ladies!

I was in Whole foods today and picked up two new desserts that I think are Ph2-3 safe, but wanted to get your input.

The first is So Delicious Mini Agave Sweetened Fruit Bars. These do have fruit juice concentrate in the ingredients so I was unsure: Water, Organic Agave Syrup, Passionfruit Juice Concentrate, Orange Juice Concentrate, Chicory Root Extract (Inulin), Gum Acacia, Coconut Oil, Citric Acid, Pea Protein, Xanthan Gum, Natural Flavors, Locust Bean Gum, Annatto. Allergen Information:

The second was SO Delicious Ice Cream made from Coconut Milk: INGREDIENTS: ORGANIC COCONUT MILK, ORGANIC AGAVE SYRUP, CHICORY ROOT EXTRACT, ORGANIC DRIED COCONUT, CAROB BEAN GUM, GUAR GUM, NATURAL FLAVOR.

Thoughts? It would be a once a week treat for me, not one or two a night
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We've had that ice cream. It's sooo good and so lethal You have to check the ingredients on each flavor, not all are SBD safe. I love the ice cream and will probably buy it now and then in the summer, but the calories are mighty high for a treat.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:33 PM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I bought the coconut (listed above) and another one -- the cookie dough had sugar so that was a no-no but whichever other one I bought didn't have sugar as an ingredient like the cd did.

Luckily, I am not a huge sweets person but thought it might be good for when I get in that mood

I think that for my lower calorie days it's a-ok if i plan to work it in. But good to think about.

Last edited by jenne1017; 03-27-2010 at 05:34 PM.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #4  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

Yum! I've missed ice cream!!

I've been eating "Simply Lite" chocolate from Trader Joe's as my dessert. It's sugar free, low carb (1 net carb per serving), gluten free, and no trans fat.... and it actually tastes like real chocolate!

Ingredients are: Maltitol, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Inulin, Soy Lecithin, Natural Vanilla, Cinnamon.
KellyEnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/160/135

Height: 5'5"

So Delicious is coming out with a coconut water sorbet now, too! Only 100 calories and 0gm fat per serving!
BarbaraR is offline   Reply With Quote