Old 03-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Wow, wow, wow, So sore!

I over did it on Wednesday with the arms. Too bad you can't tell you're overdoing it AS you're actually overdoing it. That seems like a faulty system to me. Yesterday was bad, but I got through it. This morning I actually felt BETTER. Then I did my first spin class this morning...so why can't I move my arms? My legs are just fine, but my arms....oh my!! I barely got my seat belt on and could not and did not use my turn signal!

What on earth about spin class sent my arms into overdrive?!

However, I am LOVING being back at the gym! I push myself so much more when other people are working too. I was happy working out at home, but apparently I just really push myself at the gym. Obviously. Oh my poor arms!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

That's why I love the gym too, it definitely pushes people farther. I feel the same way. Like when someone gets on an Ellipitcal next too me and especially if they are really skinny I make sure I stay the same pace if not faster then them, because I want to prove that I can do it too.

Spinning your arms are kind of downward aren't they? Maybe all the blood was rushing that way, and since they were already sore it just made it more sore with all the more pressure on your arms. I dunno. Just a guess.
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #3  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

I have had that happen..........I found I push very hard on my arms to support my upperbody (especially as i get tired) - so now, I am concious of it and I really try not to do that any more.

GOOD JOB on doing a spin class!!!! KEEP IT UP!
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:52 AM   #4  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

I know JUST how you feel lol. I had a review of my programme with my instructor on Tuesday and at the time it didn't feel bad at all, but even today, 3 days on, my legs are SO sore. I've forced myself to still go to the gym but haven't been able to work as hard, and it's been torture to go downstairs and sit down lol.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #5  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I feel your pain. Literally. I've been walking 8-10 miles every day for the last week and a half. I'm SO FREAKING SORE. I'm taking the weekend off!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Kay, exactly! I do feel like I need to keep up with the person beside me. I should shut down that voice in my head, because it's pretty negative, but I roll with it because it pushes me.

Summer, thanks! I will have to watch what I'm doing with the arms next time. I think my core and upper body are weak. I find it difficult to sit up straight on the bike. I'm not sure if it's because of my core or because my rear is more sore when I sit up.

Loveme, I love a little bit of sore. Somehow I'm less a wimp about sore in my legs than in my arms. I guess with the legs I can just sit down and be ok, but the arms I use all, all, all day.

And finally, Mama! 8-10 miles a day?! For real?! How long does that take you? Do you walk alone or do you have a partner and do you do it all in one stretch? Wow!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

10 miles takes us JUST over two hours. I do have a friend that I do it with. My husband mapped us out a route using Google, I strap on my shoes, grab my collie and go!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #8  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 248/231.4/150

Height: 5"1'

Talking

On the shopping list...more advil.
But I agree, I am so glad to be back in the gym!
bythenumbers is offline   Reply With Quote