View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
PeanutsMom704

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I eat in a range of 1200-1500. I honestly do not consider that to be very little food - I eat a lot of veggies and they give me lots of food volume for not too many calories. I also eat lean protein, whole grains, low fat dairy and healthy fats, and I eat until I am satisfied and never let myself go hungry. So I think that the specific food you eat plays a big role and honestly, if I were to bump my calories up to 1800 a day, those extras would be coming from foods I don't really need to eat - sweets and more traditional snack foods like pretzels or chips. I do not need larger portions of my regular food to be satieted or to meet my nutritional requirements.

However, having said that, I do agree to listen to your nutritionist and see how it goes. You may do fine at that level - so much depends on your age, activity level and personal metabolism. At the same starting weight as you, I needed to be lower than 1800 in order to lose. But you may not have to - a lot of people on these forums use the saying that "we are all an experiment of one" meaning that you have to do trial and error to find the right combo of food and activity that fits your metabolism and lifestyle.

1st 10% - 2/2/10
Current Goal - 2nd 10%

PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote