Old 03-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #1  

Location: Michigan during the school year and Pennsylvania during the summer

S/C/G: 247/229/150

Height: 5'8"

Default I ate too many points!

Ive been on vacation and ate 24 points too many (on top of eating all my flex points)! Ahh! Ive got 3 days left in my "week" and I eat 29 points a day as is, so can I just eat 8 less points per day to make up for the over-eating, or should I just eat my daily points allowance and not be surprised at a gain?

Thanks!
beautybuff89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #2  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

taking out 8 points a day is alot and it could set you up for a binge if im hungry i go off plan and when i go off plan i binge i have a very all or nothing mentality that being said 8 points.... thats like a whole meal for me. i would take away 4 points a day that should leave you still satisfied and will account for half of what you did
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/150

Height: 5'11"

One day I ate 80 points in one day. I was really good for the rest of the week because of it and ended up losing at the meeting. Just stick to your 29 points and chalk it to a learning experience. It's not the end of the world.
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Are you exercising? If you work out HARD for 60 minutes a day you'll get 6-8 extra points a day. Enough to cover what you need! Otherwise drink lots of water, make good choices, and get back on plan as soon as you get home. Most of all, have fun and enjoy your vacation!!!
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 253.8/Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I over ate this week too. I have just been keeping myself with in my points the rest of the week and did my walking on the treadmill like normal. Things like this in life happen and once we are at our goal weight and we have an off day or two are we going to start starving ourselves and working out extremely hard? NO. I might add 10 min on to my normal walk and then just try to do better. The great thing is that you noticed where you went wrong and now just figure out what to do to keep it from happening again. You are doing great! Just hit a speed bump....
bremro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #6  

Once you are at goal weight, if you have an off day or two it is easier to cut back and/or exercise more for a corresponding amount of time than to let it get out of hand and result in a big gain down the road.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:36 PM   #7  

Thanks for all the advice and support!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/120????

Height: 5'2"

I just started WW and noticed that its not as easy to eat your alloted points as I had thought. I get 24 points a day. I have 4 points left. I hope I can make it. I really like WW setting and know that things could be worse but know that I like a late night snack.
mrsmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:40 PM   #9  

mrsmoore. i was the one who posted a few weeks ago about eating too many points. to be perfectly honest, the week i ate over by 24 points, i lost 4 lbs. i ate over by 15 the next week and lost 1.8, and ate over by 4 last week and still lost 2.4. i know these results ARENT typical. but give yourself time to adjust to the program. if you go over a little, dont beat yourself up over it, and if you have a week where you gain, its OKAY! its just a number on the scale. my personal belief is that if youre hungry, you should eat, but before you eat, you need to make sure the hunger is PHYSICAL hunger, not emotional/ boredom hunger.

i am the typical college student. i am up late most nights and i too get hungry at night. what i would recommend for night time munchies is orville orville redenbacher smart pop. its 1 pt/ bag, and i spray some "i cant believe its not butter" spray on it and add some garlic bc im a garlic fiend =) but its quite good for only 1 point! and if im super hungry ill eat a jello fat free 100 cal snack pack pudding cups, which is 2 pts. so thats a 3 pt snack thats quite filling!

let me know if you need any more suggestions bc i have lots of tricks! best of luck!