Old 03-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, exercise, menu, chit chat, support - of March 21

Hi...if you are looking for a place to put your plan for the day - food, exercise, life, etc - then this is the place. Please feel free to join in.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:43 AM   #2  

Hi chicks! My time away with food choices was mostly good...I am grateful. I gave in to the food Saturday supper. It makes me mad because I was eating healthfully and wisely for several days away from home. But - it can happen....and I am moving forward. Yesterday was much better! I am glad I have a day at home before I leave again for a week.

The party was wonderful. I got to see cousins and family friends that I rarely see. I decided it's important to get together for all the family happy celebrations. We always gather for the funerals...we need to find reasons to gather for the happy times.

For today -
plan and log food
lots of water
stretches and strengthening
no seconds, eat seated, fork down
mindful slow eating
taste the food
remember WHY

breakfast - grits with lite cheese, clementine
lunch - egg white scramble with turkey pepperoni, provelone cheese, green bean salad, toast
snack - fiber bar, applesauce
dinner - HC dinner, steamed carrots
snack - rice cakes with pnb, honey, blueberries

Have a great day!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:20 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends,

Today, I'm back on the calorie counting and daily hour walks on the treadmill. Went to my gynecologist last Thursday. My weight is causing some issues. If I don't lose weight now, I will need surgery within the next 6 months! So, I'm chalking this up to some much needed motivation.

Beverly - I only see my family at funerals, too. It's kind of sad, huh?

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #4  
amazing

S/C/G: 214.5/185.2/115

Height: not quite 5'1"

good morning ladies...

I am new to this thread... and I am worried. I have my official weigh-in that I count every Thursday, but I weigh myself first thing every morning, just too keep myself on track. I have eaten perfectly on plan since Thursday (I am on Jenny Craig) other than about a teaspoon of my friend's homemade guacamole (on celery, not a chip!) on Saturday afternoon.

But my scale has been gradually going UP since Thursday, not down. (up to two pounds this morning)

I am going to continue to eat right and exercise, that's not even a question, I just needed to vent my frustrations. I am really new to the whole dieting thing, and am not sure what to expect.
HokieLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good morning!

I had a pretty good weekend overall. On Friday I received a message from my husband when I got off from work, that his financial aid for school had gone through and he wanted to "celebrate" by going out to Mongolian for dinner. I thought, "well, I better get my workout in before I face temptation." I was on the treadmill and gradually just kept upping and upping the speed until I was JOGGING! What? Me. I. Brandi. Jogging! With people around. I can't even express how it made me feel. I jogged for 6 minutes and went back to brisk walking. In the darkest of times, I never thought I would jog again. I figured if the scale wasn't going to reward me AGAIN this week...I would create it for myself

Mongolian was so good! It was perfect for hubby and I. He could load up on whatever he wanted (hot oil, beef, etc) and I could choose lots of veggies, no oil, and shrimp. It was delicious!

beverlyjoy - I'm so glad you're back and that you had a great time with family! I knew you would do so well! Enjoy your day today and best of wishes for your next adventure this week

Rhonda - It's wonderful to see your beautiful face! I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing some medical issues. You can beat this. We all can. Let's take one day at a time. Hey, I'm on the cusp of the 250s (well kind of...I weigh in tomorrow at Weight Watchers, so we'll see). Lets push each other through them!

HokieLokie - WELCOME! It's so great to have you here with us! I feel you about the scale being resistant! I have been nearly 100% on plan for the last two weeks and it hasn't budged much at all. It's so hard to stay motivated when the scale is not cooperating. We can do this though. You are so so so close to ONEderland! How exciting is that! The scale WILL go down. We just need to keep making good choices and it will pay off.

soulnik - I'm sorry to hear about how rough your week was. Today is the start of a new week. I hope you are feeling better my friend.

Have a GREAT day everyone!

Today:
b - apple, cereal, coconut milk - 5
s - yogurt, banana - 5
l - chicken wrap - 7
s - orange - 1
d - Not sure yet...will be on the road for work so probably a salad - 8

Exercise: Rest day
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

I had a great day yesterday. I cooked a turkeybreast to have for lunches which is my biggest challenge.
breakfast- eggs scramble with mushrooms and onion and bellpepper
lunch-turkey maybe on a salad maybe as a sandwich with veggies sticks
dinner- porkchop and veggies
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:08 AM   #7  

hi chicks....yesterday was a healthy day...I am so grateful.

I woke up this morning with this lower back pain. I swear I am sick of aches and pains. I do need to drive four hours today. I am hoping I can do it. I'll stop every hour to do some stretching.

I'll be away for a week. I will do my exchange food plan, log food, remember why and my other 'tasks'.

I wish everyone a healthy week. Treat yourself with kindness - as you would treat a good friend. I will check in when I can.

Thanks to you all for your support!!!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-23-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #8  

Hi Chicas,

I'm not quite back on track or even quite ready to be, I think. Yesterday I wasn't too bad but not as good as I should be. I didn't plan my meals, just ate sorta what I usually eat. I'm in a mild depression I think. I'm meeting with my psychiatrist today so hopefully that will lead to some improvement. I thought at the very least I should post a hello so I'll keep being accountable to SOMETHING!

@Beverlyjoy - Glad you had a good time away. Sorry you're in pain. Hope you feel better soon.

@GirlyGirlSebas - Talk about your motivation! Do whatever it takes to prevent surgery, chica. We're here to support you!

@HokieLoki - Welcome! Maybe you have too much food on JC? Aside from the food they give you to eat, I found the plan confusing when I was on it. Talk to your adviser about your concerns. Maybe they need to make some tweeks.

@brandijune44 - Dinner sounds yummy! Congrats to your hubby! AND YOU GO GIRL - JOGGING!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!

@dgramie - Way to take control by cooking the turkey.

@
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #9  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Sorry I've been out of touch for awhile. Things really kind of exploded at work lately. It is so frustrating and beyond my control... But, I've been around. I am terribly distracted right now, and having a little trouble staying on plan, but I'm trying to get back under control. Work has been the main problem, but then I have my 15 yo girl who got her driving permit. That's a lot more of a stress than I thought it would be. But, we'll survive!! ha!

Take care everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #10  
amazing

S/C/G: 214.5/185.2/115

Height: not quite 5'1"

thanks, everyone!

I guess I was worried about nothing, because I was all the way back down plus half a pound this morning... I have no idea what happened, but I guess it's all ok... maybe this is why they advise against weighing every day, haha.

brandi- good for you for jogging! I tried that the other day, too. I haven't ran in 5 years! exhilarating, isn't it.

soulnik- I hope that you start to feel better. I went through a depression, also. It's tough, hang in there.

I hope everybody is having a good day today, it's beautiful out right now, I think I am going to take my dog for a nice long walk.
HokieLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #11  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I'm still here!! Vacation has been awesome so far....resting relaxing and hanging out w dh. Food and exercise have not been good, but I'm working my way back. I'll catch up w everyone soon...dh is on the computer right now. Have a great night!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:50 AM   #12  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!!!! It is SO good to have some time off. Hubby and I have just been spending time together. It is SO nice. I think tomorrow we are going to a local nature center so he can take pics and we can go for some long walks. He has taken some awesome pics lately (I bought him a new camera for Christmas)...birds seem to be his favorite topic. I have put him in charge of taking some great pics so we can make our own holiday cards this year....I can't wait to share his talents w/ everyone!

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you had a great trip.

Rhonda--Great to have you back! I know you can do this!!!

HokieLoki--Welcome!!! What kind of dog do you have?

brandijune--FANTASTIC!!!! Great job!!!

dgramie--That's a great idea! Hmmm, we have a small turkey in the freezer...maybe I can convince dh to cook it for us (he roasts a MUCH better bird than I do)

soulnik--Hope your appt went well. Thanks for popping in!

Diane--So glad you could pop in. I totally get work "exploding"...that's been happening to me a lot lately and it's not going to get any better until after May (after our state cert)

Food choices have not been good for me. TOM is here, so that doens't help. I am making a grocery list today and will get re-stocked with lots of healthy stuff agian.

As for exercise, we have been doing lots of walking, which is good.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #13  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

The sunshine is doing wonderful things for my mood! I'm hoping that spring has sprung for good this time.

Hokie - Welcome! So glad to have you posting with us. And, so glad to hear that the scales became friendly again.
Brandi - Go, Brandi, Go! Isn't jogging wonderful? I hope to get to that point again soon.
DGramie - Wonderful job of planning ahead.
Beverly - Hope you back is feeling better today. Enjoy your week. We'll miss you!
Soulnik - Ah, the evil depression. I know it well. I hope you find relief soon.
Diane - I understand about exploding work. I've just come through a tough audit season. I'm finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there. This too shall pass.
MJ - Glad to hear that you're enjoying your vacation. Does your husband post his pics anywhere or post on any photography sites? I'm an amateur photographer, too. I just received my first DSLR for Christmas. My subject of choice are still life's and close-ups. I actually did our Christmas card this past year. There is one site I post in that he might love. PM me if you think he might be interested.

Well, I made a somewhat controversial decision for myself. For a month or two, I'm going on Slim Fast. I need something very regimented and easy to get me jump started today. I know it's not the healthiest option, but I'm desperate! Cross your fingers for me.

Have a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 03-24-2010 at 09:17 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good morning everyone!

Work is crazy busy right now! I went to Weight Watchers yesterday and lost 2.2 pounds which I was really happy about. I felt like that was the end of my weight loss and the scale would never move again.

Thanks for all of your positive words and support regarding jogging. I jogged a mile yesterday (I won't even tell you how slow...haha) and I was very happy with that.

I wish you all the best OP day. Hopefully I'll get to check back in later to do personals. I'm thinking of all of you

Today:
b - cereal, coconut milk, apple - 6
s - yogurt, granola, walnuts, banana - 7
l - turkey chili, sandwich thin - 7
s - orange - 1
d - chicken wrap - 8

Exercise: 30 cardio, resistance training
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:00 PM   #15  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. I didn’t make it to the gym today. It was more of just being lazy, but I’m blaming it on my knee being a little sore. Whatever. I need to be more disciplined.

HokieLoki – That’s good that it all worked out for you on the scale!

MJ – Vacation is good, glad you are enjoying it. That’s cool about the photos!

Rhonda – Good luck with the Slimfast. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do!! If it helps you make a good start, then that’s good.

Brandi – Good for you on jogging. Don’t worry about being slow, you’ll get faster! I’m impressed!

Soulnik – Hope you’re having a good day!

Beverly – Are you feeling better today? I hope so!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote