Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 12:34 PM   #1  
Searching

Wink Hair Rant

Why does it seem whenever I am going to go get a haircut I have a "good" hair day. Today there is no fuzz, just perfect, full ringlets, with depth and colour. Yesterday all I saw was split ends.

Am I crazy? Does this happen to anyone else?

Miss Chris
Old 01-22-2003, 01:32 PM   #2  
a brave new me...

Wink Ahhhhh...

One of the great mysteries of the universe.... the secret of the good hair day! I have no clue what makes one styling event more successful than another, since I swear I do the same thing everyday. But it would seem that on certain days, with the perfect combination of styling product, drying time, round brushing, and hair spray my hair looks fabulous. I don't know what happens on those other days.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:21 PM   #3  

The good hair day is an endless mystery to me. But I am glad when they come. For me, it probably is a combination of good shampoo/conditioner, perfect humidity in the air (i.e. not much), and not putting gel or fussing with it too much.

When we visit my dad my hair never ever looks right - the water has something to do with it, and I think general bad karma. And he never fails to tell me so. Did I brush my hair? [What am I, 4 years old? Oh, I am 40! Yes I DID brush it! And your point is...oh never mind, I think I know!] When am I going to DO something about it? And don't dye it, it will fall out, and by the way, you have dark roots. [That would be because I haven't been dyeing it, actually.]

If I ever go get it cut, I ask for a trim, and an hour later I have a crewcut. Never fails! I like it long - collar-bone length. The stylists I have gone to do not get this. Maybe someday....

Lidian
Old 01-22-2003, 05:25 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Uh huh. I hear ya, girls. I only have to wash my hair about every four days. And it's not until the fourth day that it looks absolutely great! My DH often says to me, "Your hair looks really good... is it dirty?"

This cold weather is a killer, too. My hair has gone ram rod straight, and it's full of electricity.

You know what else is a mystery? "The good face day". I remember in high school... about once or twice a month I'd have a day where no matter what I did to my face, it just didn't look good. Over time the odds got worse. Now I'm lucky if I have ONE good face day a month!! I've got these puffy things under my eyes. And a couple of big pores that you could sink a ship in. And my eyelashes... they seem to be disappearing. And getting lighter in colour. And there's a crease in the middle of forehead. Oh ****... I'm falling to pieces.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:38 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ro- I have bad hair day for a week or two and then the day before I go to get my hair cut I have great hair maybe it is just one of Murphy's laws
Old 01-22-2003, 08:43 PM   #6  

Ellis, me too! That good face day thing is really rare nowadays. I got me some chin hairs. I have eyebrows that disappear halfway along, colorless eyelashes, and all sorts of blemishes that wax and wane with my hormonal output. And my dad once asked do I have rosacea, which I don't in fact, but it is amazing I have any self-esteem left at all after a visit to the old homestead!

And why is it that even when I weighed 109, I did not have a sharp, defined chinline! What pernicious genetic flaw can it be? The double-chin gene? The facial-fat marker? Which ancestor can I blame for this? (Some man, probably!)

Lidian
Old 01-23-2003, 01:01 PM   #7  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

YUP!! And I NEED humidity, or otherwise my fine thin hair goes FLAT. So right now my hair looks TERRIBLE!!
Old 01-23-2003, 03:23 PM   #8  

Me too on the humidity thing! And my face needs humidity, too!
So do my feet... they are cracking.
Old 01-23-2003, 04:04 PM   #9  
Searching

Well I cut it and got my eyebrows waxed! So I feel marvelous.

Miss Chris
Old 01-24-2003, 10:54 AM   #10  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Thumbs up BAD BODY DAY

GEEZ!!!

I woke up this morning and I have zits on my face AND back, my hair is greasy and flat, and WORST OF ALL, I AM 100 POUNDS OVERWEIGHT!!! How the **** did THAT happen?
Old 01-24-2003, 02:37 PM   #11  

hahahahahahahahahahaha!
Old 01-29-2003, 11:03 AM   #12  

I know this is mean of me, but after my workout today at the gym I was in the "hair drying area", and there were 3 girls in there using curling irons and gel and all kinds of stuff. I just dried my big messy bunch of hair, stuck it up in a messy bun, and thanked god that I don't have to go to work and have "perfect hair".
Those girls were really doing major work on their hair. I've never seen anything like it! And just exactly how does it STAY that way?! At least I know that if I start out messy, it can't get any worse.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:06 AM   #13  

Sorry, that was NOT a criticism of anyone here. Just an observation. I'm completely mystified and awestruck by these women.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:56 AM   #14  
Searching

LOL YOU CRACK ME UP ELLIS! I don't understand the high maintenance hair either. Mine is wash and go. The level of curl is left up to the humidity and the hair! Which of course has a mind of its own. What freaks me out is when someone comes up and asks me how I do it. DO WHAT??????????

Miss Chris
Old 01-29-2003, 08:26 PM   #15  

Me too, Ellis and Chris - it's a big occasion if I use extra conditioner! Usually it's slop on some two-in-one and, well I do rinse, and air-dry (I blow dry my bangs cuz otherwise they stick straight out, but it only takes 30 seconds). I can't deal with gel and stuff. You know what I love? All the products that are very expensive the point of which are to produce bedhead/messy hair/"the undone look"!! Tee hee, I don't NEED that stuff to make my hair look undone, I just leave it...undone!

Lidian
Closed Thread