South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-22-2010, 06:24 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Starting Phase 1 again, and preparing for it

So I've shared how I went off plan right before my vacation and during my vacation. I've decided to do a clean Phase 1 again to get myself back into gear, because I did notice after one piece of pizza the white carbs came back and never left. I've tried to do it on the fly in the last couple of days but it didn't work, and that's because I hadn't really shopped/prepared for it, or thought out my meals. I HAVE to plan my meals to feel really comfortable that I can be compliant.

Yesterday we did a big shopping and I planned my dinners for the week and bought/washed/chopped lots of veggies, made homemade hummos, cooked up chili for later in the week. I did all of the things I need to do to feel like I can grab on plan foods at a moments notice. As best as I could I got the tempting foods out of my house (sadly, for some things that meant eating them all). Yesterday I weighed myself and the scale said 163, which seems to mean I've only gained 1.2 pounds which is good news.

Send motivating vibes my way! Once I make it through 2 or 3 days on plan I'll breathe a sigh of relief because I'll know I'm back in the groove. Now, I'm going to go post on the on plan thread for today.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sounds like you have all the proper tools in place to have a successful Phase 1 run, Mmc. Here's a helping of to motivate you along.

Good luck!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good luck I think it is smart to start over, based on what you said, and knowing my own experience. I wish I had done a clean PH1 last summer when I felt the crazy cravings coming back!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:53 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good luck MMc! I am pulling for ya as are all the chicks!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

That's what I like about South Beach...if you wander away, just brush yourself off and get back to it!

Here's to healthy eating!! Good luck!!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:19 PM   #6  
bikini body bound!

S/C/G: 170.4/See tracker/145

Height: 5'6

Good Luck MMc, I might be right there with you next week, I have been having some trouble staying on plan the past few days with some business lunches, happy hours, etc. Just gotta keep on going and realize this is a lifelstyle not a quick fix!
sunnybella is offline   Reply With Quote