Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 10:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/186/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Scoop piercing anyone?

I was wondering if any of you guys have had any luck with a scoop surface tongue piercing?

I REALLY like the look of them and I am contemplating getting one. I haven't talked to my piercer yet. Just kinda wanting some feedback on the piercing in general. From what I have been able to find, they are temperamental and a bit more risky than normal tongue piercings. I also read that they migrate easily.

I don't want an actual horizontal tongue ring because i just don't like the way it looks as much. I could do venom and get the same general look as the surface piercing....I just don't know.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #2  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

i really don't know much about surface tongue piercings but I was planning on getting venoms for a long time. So I'll give you some info on those....they go through the muscle and therefore hurt more and take longer to heal. the piercer has to avoid the veins in your tongue or very bad things will happen. Most people take two weeks to recover from the piercing, and I don't mean heal in two weeks, I mean recover.

it seems a good amount of people will have bleeding problems the first couple days and a lot of soreness. they are permanent and I haven't read about too many problems with migration. i have had piercings before and those are not considered permanent. they can last for years but i have never heard of a surface piercing not migrating or rejecting eventually. of course i don't know anything about tongue surface piercings specifically though.

check out bmezine.com, the tongue piercing section, they have stories on the right side of the page perhaps soe ppl write about that piercing.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/186/125

Height: 5'5"

Thanks! I'll check that out.

Yeah, I have considered Venoms too because really you get the same basic look. I love piercings. Hate the recovery though!
Old 03-24-2010, 04:24 AM   #4  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

I don't know much about the piercing as I don't have it myself, but think it would probably be prone to rejection and migrating like most surface piercings. Personally tho, I would go with that over the venoms. The venoms just look incredibly painful to me (well, more so than a scoop anyway! lol). I do know if you search for scoop piercing on youtube you will get a few videos of people getting them done. I always find it helpful to gauge other people's reactions before I go get my own piercings done.
Closed Thread