South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 05:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Beach Happenings

Good morning! Time to get yourself out of bed and get ready for a fabulous day! Coffee's on and the teapot is on standby. Grab a cup and sit down to chat before the day gets away from us!

It's going to be in the 60s here with plenty of sunshine today. The girls and I discovered a patch of daffodils blooming in a sheltered spot yesterday afternoon, and they sure did lift our spirits! Only 2 more days til Spring officially arrives!

I have the morning off since it's my late day, and I have the second load of wash going already. I'll probably putz around here, doing some dusting and vacuuming, but I do need to run over to the supermarket for a few things, too. I plan to do my workout first, though. I'm consistently "running" 3.5 miles in 20 minutes on the Wii Fit Plus, and, for me, that's pretty amazing. I'm really starting to notice a difference in how I look, and my clothes are fitting so much better. I haven't gone off plan at all since Jan. 1st! Woohoo!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:00 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Cottage. It's shaping up to be a great day! Thanks for the coffee! You are quite the earlybird. I've done a bit of tidying in the kitchen but not much else. Congrats! All that exercise and staying OP is really paying off!

Me, swim and ski today. We're trying to get a trip to Utah in our plan for Sunday-Zion Natl Park. I have until noon today to cancel a reservation I made. I'm hoping our friends call to say they'll be avaliable. Our dog sitter isn't avaliable so they have to go. It just means I really need to plan ahead.

Have a great day!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:06 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Wow Linda, you're making awesome progress. I love feeling/knowing that I'm in control of my diet and exercise.

Enjoy your swimming and skiing Debbie!

I'm headed to the airport to pick up Fergie this morning. He's had a great a visit and I'm glad he was able to go but I'm really glad he's coming home today. Gotta rush so I can out of here on time but I hate starting the day without popping in here first.

Have a terrific Thursday friends!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:15 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's nice to stop in without feeling rushed to get off line

Cottage - Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers (lilacs are the other), what an exciting find

Debbie - hope your weekend plans work out

Heidi - Have a safe trip to the airport.

I've got a meeting this morning then in to the office this afternoon. Lots of activity going on around the proposed changes in the state budget. I'll get a full update (I hope) when I'm in the office. While I might find another job, as some people have suggested, the market is hopeless right now. I've actually been looking for 2 years and there have only been 2 jobs worth applying for in that time. Frankly I was over qualified for both. The other piece for me is seeing the support system dismantled. It's not about my job, it's about the support system for fragile families and child care providers. Okay, enough of that here.

I better go see the Wii. I'm sure it has plenty to say about my being gone for 4 days
Old 03-18-2010, 06:17 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone! I'm back from Florida...had a great time, but did not stick to plan. Now I'm doing Phase 1 again, for 2 weeks this time...another clean Phase 1. I'm looking forward to catching up on all the posts I have missed while I was away. Can't wait to get back in the groove here!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:35 AM   #6  

Debbie, I'd love to go to Zion Nat'l Park with you! My parents passed through there several years ago and were overwhelmed with the beauty of it. They took lots of great pictures. I hope you won't have to cancel your reservations. Have a great time on the slopes today!

Heidi, I'm happy that your Fergie is coming back home today. Just in time for the weekend, too! What part of PA was he visiting in?

Cyndi, welcome back to the world of fast internet! I didn't realize that job prospects were so dire in your area, and I really hope something can be done for the families who need support. So what are you going to plant in the garden besides peas this weekend? I want to get some planting done in the next week, too, and I'll have to check what I can plant right now. Is it too early for chard? I hope your day at the office goes well.

Mmc, welcome back! How was your vacation?

I hope Ruth is having nice weather while she's in Florida this week!

I can't believe how dark it still is outside! I do love the extra daylight at the end of the day, though.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 161.5/148.5/130

Height: 5'6"

Morning all!
Hope it is a grand thursday for everyone.
I am on my 2nd cup of coffee, headed for a third.
It is errand day, though i hope to get a walk in with my dogs.
Sun is out again!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #8  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning

My cappucino/expresso machine DIED!!!! Guess I will have to go get a new one!

MMC Welcome back. Glad you had a good time!

So when do I get used to the time change? It is getting harder and harder to get up in the morning.

My new group of classes have started. This time I am taking business law and another economics class. I am enjoying the law class so far! LOL all those years of watching "law" tv shows has given me a heads up on some terminology!!! LOL

Did I tell you guys about the "contest" I entered. The radio show I listen to is offering a big prize for the "biggest loser" it is a free contest. I went and weighed in about about 2 weeks ago. I weigh in again June 1. I just entered for fun and more motivation to stick to being OP!!!

Hope you all have a great day.

Tammie
Old 03-18-2010, 08:58 AM   #9  
High school teacher

S/C/G: 220/190/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! This is a nice thread and I'd like to join. I'm on Spring Break this week, but it's a chilly one for Louisiana. I'm spending the week getting started on SBD and preparing and freezing foods. I'm also getting in rest and exercise so that when I go back to my 9th graders, I'll be ready!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Linda - Awesome job!

Debbie - I wanted to visit there on a trip through Utah a few years back but we ran out of time. I hope you can make it happen.

Heidi - Personally, I think absence really does make the heart grow fonder. But don't tell my DH I said that!

Cyndi - I hope things work out for you.

Mmc - Welcome back. How was the trip?

Tammie - It never ceases to amaze me how much influence that BL show has. I hope the contest is motivating for you.

LaLaurie. This is a great place!

So things are getting interesting here in Colorado. Sunshine again today then the precipitation starts. And it could be a lot! We had planned to ski half day tomorrow then drive half way home, finishing on Saturday. But now we will try to track the storm and if it is coming Sat, leave early tomorrow... it if is all day tomorrow, we will spend an extra day here. Of course the forecasts all conflict. Sigh. I guess it is not spring yet!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:44 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Morning Glories!

Hi hi!

Work has been nuts, work has been nuts and home has been, you guessed it, NUTS!

I just got reading the South Beach Dining Out guide and who knew that my favorite Thai meal, that I've been eating for years, is totally on plan!?! Dr. A mentions it by name even Since DW leaves me today for a week, I've kind of been eating more processed stuff as we haven't gone food shopping. Been making SBD friendly choices though and while the scale has me up 2 pounds, I know it's lack of water/TOM. So time to get more on that!

Now to catch up with you chicks:

Cottage: you are ROCKING it!
Debbie: Can my DW go with you? Swimming and skiing sounds fun!
Heidi: hoping for no delays!
Cyn: We're heavily focused in our network on the state fiscal crisis and its impact on families too.
MMc: hope you had a fabulous trip! GL on Ph1
Deb, Karen & Laurie
Tammie: oh! Good luck!

Miss ya Ruth!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #12  
bikini body bound!

S/C/G: 170.4/See tracker/145

Height: 5'6

Hey hey! Godd morning all!

Thanks for the tea cottage! Weighed in yesterday and I was down another 1.8 pds. For a total of 5.8 in 1 1/2 weeks of phase 1.

Going out to a favorite seafood restaurant of mine tonight and I will be avoiding the fried goodies...grilled fish and veggies for me! Have a good day everyone!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #13  

Back from the store and I have a few minutes before I'm out the door again. I must remember to stop and get gas on my way.

dwDeb, enjoy your walk in the sunshine today!

tammie, that radio contest sounds like the perfect way to stay motivated. Good luck! I'll be rooting for ya!

LaLaurie, you are doing all the right things to set yourself up for a great Phase 1 with a lot of success! Make sure you take time to have fun and enjoy your spring break!

Karen, I hope the weather forecasters can agree on when the storm is supposed to hit, so you'll have a better idea when to leave for home. Either way, be careful and give yourselves plenty of time to make it home safely.

Jenne, I hope your day calms down, and those extra lbs. vanish.

Sunnybella, congratulations on the 5.8 lbs. gone already! Stay strong at dinnertime, and keep up the good work!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:31 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Super busy didn't-even-read-the-other-posts check in today. Gotta stay accountable!

Scale said 132 today!!! I got off and on three times to check but it was still there!

Already cleaned the kitchen, got the kids to school, did two hours of exercise outside in the SUN, got the car washed and vacuumed out, cleaned the living room and dining room, made lunch, and about to finish up school with the kids and then clean out the truck and head out to martial arts for Connor. I am going to be POOPED tonight!!!

TOM COMES HOME TOMORROW!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #15  

Kara, I'm going to take my car to the carwash while the girls are at gymnastics this evening. Lordy, does it ever need it!
Closed Thread