Old 03-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #1  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Default LAWL Friends and Losers-March15-21

Good morning all

Just wanted to start the thread and wish everyone a good week.

I am doing well...attended yoga class yesterday and it was pretty intense and my muscles all sore.

Happy Monday!
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #2  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Morning everyone! I had a pretty good weekend. I didnt follow my plan exactly as I went for some drinks on Saturday afternoon. I did exercise though and I am feeling a little sore today. The weather has been great so its dog walking time! Its good for both of us!
MJ- I have also thought about joining yoga. I think it would be good for me. I need to find someone to join me.
Have a great day!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all! hope everyone is having a great start to their week!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #4  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi all -

MJ - I always like the sore muscles - reminds me that I'm doing something! I did 3 classes at the gym on Saturday - so I 'm with you in the pain department.

Daylight Savings always screws me up for a day or two - I was up until 1:30am last night because I just was not tired. I am sure that I will be in bed right after the gym tonight, LOL.

So - this is odd. I just went to the vet to pick up Dodger's ashes. They gave me a gift bag that had the urn/ashes in it, wrapped in tissue paper. Um - I guess it's a nice gesture, but it felt veeeerry weird. I wanted to laugh, but I have been known to laugh at inappropriate things, so I held it in. Just .... odd.

Dh gets an epidural steroid shot in his herniated disks on Wednesday, so hopefully he will start to feel better soon. March has sucked so far, but things are looking up!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:01 PM   #5  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

I wish I was like MJ and sitting at the stabalization phase however last January I weighed 176 and today I am at 167 so I will celebrate keeping 9 pounds off for a year!!! YIPPEEE!!!!
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #6  
Yoga-addict

Kim- 3 workout classes!!!wow!!!which ones did you take?
I just did some cardio for 10 mins then yoga-class for 1 hr.
Hope your DH up and running soon.

Joan- You should really try yoga...i loved it and i'm gonna take that class every sunday morn.I feel that my posture is not good after carrying that extra weight for few years...bones jutting out everywhere...lol. Heard that yoga is great for bones ans muscle toning.

I believe I am still about 10-11 lbs overweight but I decided to move on to stabilization because I decided I am going to lose that last few lbs slow...nothing drastic...with exercise and balanced diet...also I don't wanna pay LAWL for the last few lbs when I know I can do it myself
Old 03-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #7  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Oh Kim - I come here for weight loss stuff and stop at your post regarding Dodger "I just went to the vet to pick up Dodger's ashes. They gave me a gift bag that had the urn/ashes in it, wrapped in tissue paper. Um - I guess it's a nice gesture, but it felt veeeerry weird. I wanted to laugh, but I have been known to laugh at inappropriate things, so I held it in. Just .... odd"

I, too, think it's a bit odd, but also kind of nice. I was trying to think how they gave us Charlie dog's ashes, but I can't remember...I think they just handed us the tin. He still sits in a credenza in our buffet. I want him to be put in a box with my ashes....which I hope doesn't happen anytime soon :-)

Sorry to hear about your DH...........is this affecting your upcoming trip? I'm thinking yes..............
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:15 AM   #8  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

MJ - The classes I tool were BodyPump (love it - weight training to music) then Step, and then a yoga/pilates class. They always schedule weight classes back to back with cardio classes so that you can take them together. I was completely soaking wet by the time I got to Pilates. Felt good, though.

Joni - I too, hope that your ashes do not get mixed with Charlie dog any time soon! Sorry that my posts have not really been about weight loss lately - it's because there hasn't been any weight lost lately, LOL. DH and I talked about it last night - and I guess that it is a nice respectful way to give it to you.

DH is mostly concerned about sitting for hours on the plane rides. The rest of it, not so much!

Joan - At least after a year you are still down! {{{ Kim slinks out of the room }}}.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 203.8/202.8/170

Height: 5'8"

Hello, I'm new to this site and trying to figure it all out. Is this a group that does LA weight loss? All the centers in my area closed but I love the program so I am trying to restart it on my own.
Kym Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 203.8/202.8/170

Height: 5'8"

One more question. Can anyone tell me what the Junior Member under my name means?
Kym Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:40 PM   #11  
Yoga-addict

Hey all

Kim- wow!!!good for you girl!!!

Kym Ann- Welcome! You have come to the right place.Did you try LAWL before? How did it work for you?
The "Junior member" is just a title by default...you can change it to anything you want...like what plan you on etc etc.
I guess you can make your own signature after 25 posts or 20 days...something like that.

Catch you all later...
Old 03-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #12  
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,
It's been a while since I last posted but things are going well. I am totally stress free now that I left the job. I started cleaning houses as a way to get a little cash till I decide what to do next and I love it. I have had so many calls from people wanting their house cleaned and I get paid to exercise. I have not been sticking to the plan veru well but am still losing. I am getting back on track though because I want to keep myself from going back to junk foods.

I'm at my half way mark and I feel like a new woman. I so love that I no longer bulge out of my clothes. I ordered the 400 calorie fix book to try it out for a few weeks. If I like it, I plan on switching back and forth with LAWL, just to give variety. I've heard lots of success stories on the diet so it's worth a shot.

Kim- That is so weird that they put Dodgers urn in a gift bag. I can see a realy nice box or something but tissue paper?
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #13  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Kim--the last dog we picked up ashes for came home in the gift bag and tissue paper. I know it's bizarre.

I'm still trying to get myself back onto a work-out routine. Not getting anywhere with that. I so know I'm not going to get back to the point of putting in 90 minutes 6 days a week. Even if my intentions are to do it.

6 weeks back on plan, and I spent the day pulling up the pants that were too tight, that's even with a belt on. So something is working.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #14  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Well, I have been out of the loop for too long....dind't even see about poor little Dodger......sorry to hear that, Kim

Today is a new day..... and let me just suck on 224.0.

I am starting a menu thread, but thinking it should be more of a daily menu log.............like our journals used to be.

Will try to catch up more later
XOXO

P.S. WTF is Katie?
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #15  
Yoga-addict

Hey all

Nicole- I love your idea of food journal...I wish many ppl joined us.

When I started the program I was sneaking a piece of chocolate or candy here and there and never mentioned them in my journal because I was ashamed what the ppl at COD might think.Then i realized that 'not mentioning' was not helping and the only one I was cheating was myself. Failing to log them...( for whatever reason) I realized that I lost count of how many "treats" i sneaked in per day. Then I started logging every single thing and realized that it actually helped me...because i kept track of these occasional treats and controlled myself from going overboard.I didn't really care what the counselors thought of me...as long as I could justify those ocassional cravings to myself.