Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Hawt-est Biker Chicks

Well need a new thread so I got it started Oh I did go back and copy and paste the last few messages

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 03-17-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:51 AM   #2  

This was Tammys post:

Good Morning Ladies.

First of all.... I need a little push. I am 1.5 pounds away from goal and our "aunt bee" or our Holly made a chocolate cake from scratch and chicken spaghetti with oozing cheese for 2 girls bday. I know if I eat the first bite of cake it will be over..... but I SOOOOO want some! I am trying to stay out of the kitchen.

Holly, I am glad you got to ride! And your helmet sounds cute. I would expect nothing less from you since you are soooo crafty. I am glad the summer job count down has begun..... that means it is getting closer. You know, I love my HD..... but I was fine on my Honda. I am glad that your DS is getting a new bike.

CC, I am glad you had a great time. Sorry you did not get to ride. And I know you are still doing great.

Colleen, I am glad DH lost weight, just not the way he did it. And your 3 pounds is awesome! I am also happy you got to ride. Isn't it great after being cooped up to get out for just a little ride? Thanks for the kind words you said to Hopeful8 about us.... I think I speak for everyone else that we really enjoy you here. You are so freaking funny!

Hopeful8..... how are you today?

Well, I need to get busy.

Tammy

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 03-17-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:53 AM   #3  

My Post:

Hi Girls

Colleen thanks for the nice words, we are all friends on here and everyone including yourself are very supportive Glad to hear you got to ride and aren't those DH's the pits when it comes to weightloss, my DH has also been watching what he eats well actually he has been eating what I cook for him and he has lost over 20 pounds in like 3 weeks it takes me 2 months to lose 20 pounds When I see that slimquick commercial I always look at DH and say boy if that isn't the 100% truth he usual smiles and agrees

Ya Holly you got to ride and yes I want to see your helmet, I am looking for a new helmet and will also want to customize mine with crystals and stuff so anxiously waiting to see what you did 30 days till summer job - yipeee I am so excited for you

Oh Tammy I feel for you, it is going to be hard to pass up the cake and all but I know you will be strong because you know you only have 1.5 pounds to go so think of that when you look at that cake - think 1.5 pounds, 1.5 pounds no cake, 1.5 pounds- good luck honey you can do it

Ok girls well my turn to go get on the treadmil for the day but I think we are supppose to get some sun tomorrow finally I may get to walk outside

Ok girls have a great day
Old 03-17-2010, 08:54 AM   #4  

Hopeful8 post:

What an absolutely beautiful day in Colorado. I got out on my bike for the first time this season. Just a quick zip around town, but that was all I needed to get me back in the mode again.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #5  

My post:

Hello- nice to hear you got to ride alittle Hopeful8 - well I am hoping today to get on mine we are suppose to hit 50 but that remains to be seen ???

Well today I am back on my normal shift so hopefully after a week of this I will be able to get more exercise in and really feel like doing it

Hump Day and 2 more days of work but I do need to get caught up in the rest of my stores since I have had to spend so much time at one

Have a Happy Wednesday

Happy St Pattys Day
Old 03-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Thanks for the new thread! Boy you are on top of things!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:59 AM   #7  

Happy St. Patrick's Day Girls!

Yay Hopeful! It is so great to get to ride after they have been put up all winter! I have gotten to ride a couple times- just around town-nowhere long distance.

CC- I know you are glad to be getting back to your normal work schedule!

Colleen- are you making progress to be among the living?

Holly- Can't wait to see you helmet pics!

Well, I ate a small sliver of cake yesterday and about 3/4 a cup of chicken spaghetti. BUT, I did not nibble the rest of the day and for supper I had 3/4 of a turkey sandwhich. So...... (drum roll)....... I weighted this AM and I am UNDER GOAL (by one pound) But, I am not posting it as official yet. I am going to wait until my weigh day on Friday and see what the scales bring. This could just be water weight...... so, I am going to watch every little bite I eat today and see what Friday brings before I throw a party!

I have said this before...... but yesterday I was getting heck from my co workers for not eating. I got remarks like "I would rather be fat and happy than "skinny" and miserable....... or what good did it do you to lose weight if you are not going to live life". They started in on the cake at 8:35. I knew if I did that it would set off a trigger..... and I told them that..... but it went unheard. So, I waited until lunch and ate what I ate. It just bothers me b/c no one said (before I lost weight), Hey Tammy you are gaining weight or man you eat a lot..... but now that I have lost it..... they feel they have the right to comment on my size (in a negative manner) or the way I eat. I try to take it in good humor...... but man....... it gets tiring sometimes.

Thanks for listening to me vent.....

I will gab at you later. Y'all have a good day!

Tammy
Old 03-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Default Wow!

Tammy, that's great! GOAL achieved! Way to go! I sure wish I could help you out with a few pounds that your co-workers think you ought to be carrying around!

At lunch today I went to a "Farm Fair" at the local farm store. They had brats for a buck. I waited in line 10 minutes for one. I'm very persistant when it comes to food! That and a milk was lunch.

Doctor told me to hang in there, finish up the drugs, and take it slow. I'm still coughing, but feeling MUCH better! I would like to "pick" what I have to take slow...like maybe I could trade off some stuff...No housework, because I want to go shopping, less work for more fun, less cooking for more riding! I somehow don't think DH, or the boss will see things my way!

I'm car shopping...what are you all suggesting? I looked at SUV's but drove a Ford Mustang! What is practical is no fun. I want the best of both worlds. Got ideas? Cycles are good, but it's hard to take my Mom out on one! (walker or cane strapped on the back as she rides side-saddle with a back/hip brace!! or maybe strap a wheelchair on like a side car!! Hehe!)

Take care all. Watch the corners as you ride!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:45 PM   #9  

Well Colleen, when you get the Mustang we will "run 'em". I drive a Monte Carlo. It had always been my dream car, so 2 years ago I got it.... not it was not practical and I hate my son getting in and out of the back..... but I love the "fun" and power she has. I really need another SUV though.... but I don't see me trading in the Monte Carlo. They don't make them anymore..... and b/c of GM and their stunts it is not worth what I owe on it.... but its okay. "she" is a good car. (Knock on wood).

So... if you figure out how to selectively "take things slow" like housework and it does not pile up for you to do.... please do share! Lol. Did you enjoy the brat?

I am not posting "at goal" until Friday, I am trying to see what's up with it. Tonight is our Atzimba's night (Mexican restaurant in town). I split fajitas with DH...... I WON'T miss that...... goal or not. Lol. But, I only have like 13-16 points (depending on the chip consumption). So, we will see. However, if I do too bad I will do 2 boot camps tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:26 PM   #10  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening and Happy St. Patrick's Day

Thank you Reda for the new thread! I am so glad you are back on your regular schedule. Continued big congrats to your DH on his big losses! And I hope things dry out for you to walk.

Colleen you are hilarious, girl!

Tammy - :congra t: (wow we have alot of positive 'way to go' smilies!) And you have taken 'the higher road' in not snapping at the co-workers as maybe I would have especially the snarky 'I would rather be fat and happy than skinny and miserable'. Incredible! I would have said, 'do I look miserable?' but you are doing the right thing by not taking their bait.

Hopeful8, I'm so glad you got to ride!

It has been freakishly mild here. We usually still have tons of snow and consistent cold during ALL of March. Still lots of snow in the woods but soooo much has melted. It got to the high 50's today! I rode without chaps! and was warm enough. Still have to bug DH to take pic of my helmet. Reda, I gotta find a link for you to see some Swaroski crystalled helmets that are very expensive but so pretty.

I will do some yard work tomorrow, mostly to tackle some dog evidence..I will time it carefully so they are still frozen but will fling easily with the rake into the woods ugh!

I switched my step today! I found a sturdy wooden step stool. My usual foam step was 5 and 3/4" , the new step is 8 and 3/4"! What a challenge! I will be using that one from now on. Anything to help fight my terrible eating.

I am not sure if the high pressure system that has been giving us beautiful clear blue skies is responsible for some pressure in my head, or if it is some sinus congestion, but I am also feeling ( I think ) some tooth pain I do have some unresolved dental jobs and just always put them off.

I made more of a British dinner than Irish, but I hate corned beef and the cabbage stinks up the house too much. So I made 'bangers and mash' which are sausages and mashed potatoes. But I cheated and used boxed instant mashed potatoes, added chives and sauteed onions, and shaped them into pancakes and fried them.

OH! Older son got his new (leftover '09) FZ1 yesterday! It is a HOT looking bike. He loves it. It is a rocket!! almost 1000 cc's, inline 4 engine as opposed to a V-twin, and like 140 hp I think
Old 03-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #11  

Great News Holly that is that your DS got his new bike, he will love it

Well DH has been cheating alittle the last couple of days and I haven't one bit- and let me tell you his mother brought down some peanut butter cookies with a hershey kiss in the middle - ohhh my favorite and I have resisted and I am going to keep resisting till I weigh in Saturday then I will have one- I know I can do this it is only 2 more days

Holly you are an exercise freak, which is a good thing and an 8 3/4" step wow that is huge you are rocking it girl if you can do that

PLEASE FIND AND SEND ME THAT LINK- I will do some searching but if you find it let me know- Are you going to be able to get DH to post a picture of yours? Oh and if you know any good websites with helmets for sale- I did find one at the Harley Shop but it is a couple hundred dollars so not so sure because we do not have a helmet law and I usually do not wear one unless we go to a state that has a helmet law and this summer riding into Canada we will need DOT approved Helmets

Colleen you are to funny but hey keep it up we always need a laugh and I love the Ford Edge - I will have one someday when the pickup gets paid off- But I do love the Mustangs as well DH's boss let me take a program one last summer and it was a convertible, I had a blast with it Let us know what you decide on getting

Tammy you do have alot of self control with your co-workers because let me tell you I would not be taking it so lightly -I agree with Holly I would have had to at least say something "Do I look miserable to you?" Arrrgh that just really pis*es me off and they aren't even saying it to me- I am even making noises with my mouth and DH had to ask what is making me so mad so I had to tell him -
way to go Tammy on making goal even if you think it is early you made it today

Holly I agree 100% with corn beef & cabbage it STINKS really does and that is why we don't go out on St Pats Day because I can't stand the smell and everyone makes it

Well I guess I need a new caliper on my front brake -so tomorrow I will get to do some calling to see if I can find one- well actually I will have DH do the calling since he knows what is needed, hope its not to expensive but what do you do.........

Well girls tomorrow is Thursday and 2 days left of work- Well Holly I know you have to go back to work buy hey you are under 30 days left at winter job have a great night

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 03-17-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:57 AM   #12  
Biker Chick!

good morning!! before I forget, here is the website Reda - http://www.mistressbiker.com/html/bo...ith_bling.html
gosh they are REALLY expensive :eek
I don't know why DH hasn't taken a pic yet of my helmet I will just have to nag more
Old 03-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #13  

Good Morning Ladies,

Holly, I am glad you are getting some ride time in. You know, I hope the warmer weather we are all getting now does not mean we are going to have a HOTTER summer
I can't wait to see your helmet. You are so crafty. And, I don't blame you for the not wanting that cabbage and cornbeef smell We did our normal Mexican night at Atzimbas. I love that place simply b/c they give me what I want. They don't raise an eyebrow to me and DH sharing fajitas, they bring me an extra plate, etc. Just good service and the BEST chips.... mmmm..
Girl, with that big step you are going to have some major buns of steele! You go girl.
Sorry you are going to have to do doggie clean up...... Thank goodness Jake does his business on a walk.
So..... are you going to get to ride the new bike? I bet he is soooo proud. You know how they extended the federal tax deduction on the new home purchase, you may want to see if he is able to claim that purchase on his taxes. It was a decent deduction for DH and I this year.

CC, I bet you are soooo glad you are getting off that early morning shift.
I am not sure I could resist the cookies. Lol. But, you are doing great!
It is good you are getting all the bike repairs and stuff done now..... I sure hope this is a good riding season. We decided we are not going to Vegas again, but instead of gifts for our anniversary we are going to take trips.... not sure where we are going yet. But I am ready!

Colleen- you are a hoot! I know we would all get in trouble if we met. Lol.

Hopeful8- How are you today?

Thanks for the support on the comments of coworkers. I know that they are "jealous" b/c one of them has told me that..... but, I would not be that way to them if the shoe was on the other foot. Anyway...... I would not trade how I feel for a piece of cake or their jealousy.

I know there is a debate on another thread about tanning..... but I have been tanning for a couple weeks now. My theory is I want to be a normal weight and tan for just one season. Lol. Then I may not ever tan again. I know it is bad for you. I am fair skinned to begin with..... but I just want to have the "total package" for one season.

Well, I am going to get busy now.

Y'all have a good day. Tomorrow is my official weigh in day...... and I am still holding steady..... so maybe I will get to move the ticker tomorrow.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #14  
Biker Chick!

good afternoon! this morning I did the Keli Roberts step aerobics tape. That's the one that recently I have added ankle weights, and hold the 3.3 pound dumb bells? Well doing it with the BIG step today...oh my gosh..little baby half pound soft weights in each hand with that big step and I was dying!! it was like i was doing it for the first time. Whoa. I hope it shows benefits soon!!

The dog duty was not that bad!! thank goodness!! I had been letting Eddie do his deal in a certain part of the yard that in summer is not mowed because it's all high grass and just goes wild so I didn't think it mattered to have him go there. So there was not that much in the general yard area to 'fling'. And did some general raking which makes things look so much better. The driveway (unpaved) is still a wet puddly sloppy muddy mess in spots.

and I raked around where my beloved peonies are, and started to give them lots of water, that makes such a difference in the number of blooms when they finally appear in June.

Tammy - you go ahead and tan! we all know the risks, and just make your decision. I agree, go with the 'whole package' this time hey, I also did the Crest White strips 2 years ago with the tanning, and the highlights in the hair, for my 'complete package'. I would have manicures too, except I think I have the worst nails in the world, except for maybe some dirt farmer in China who plows with his hands I LOVE the look of ladies' hands who have the French manicure.

There is a thread today about Lori Bell who snapped at an annoying lady at church who was loudly talking about what Lori Bell had wisely chosen at a buffet. Some people were saying she should apologize but I said no. it's here
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...-comments.html

Oh gosh, I don't know if DS would want me to try his new bike..though I would sit on it alot better than his previous bike, that V-Strom was SO high I was tippy-toeing the one time I sat on it. Good point about possibly the price being somewhat tax-deductable, will check that out, thanks!

Glad you had a nice Mexican dinner at a place that doesn't sniff at you for sharing entrees.

Reda dayum to resist the Hershey kiss cookies, you are ROCKIN!

and I KNOW I have seen somewhere, for sale, rhinestone 'pieces' (one piece decorations) that are to be glued onto the helmet, that were alot less expensive than the helmets I linked to. If I can find them I will let you know! Yeah you will need a DOT helmet, fine ones can be bought for maybe $40 online?

I might have to re-do my helmet, I already lost one pink crystal. Guess I was going too fast yesterday Also the disadvantage to how I did it (gluing on individually) is that it is very easy to get a smear of glue on the crystal and makes it less sparkly.

HI Colleen! :wave Hi Hopeful8!

well I still have laundry to do, and haven't been out on the bike ... yet oh and my slight tooth pain from yesterday has gone away, I hope like heck that it was just sinus pressure or something that caused it. Have a great afternoon!!
Old 03-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #15  
Biker Chick!

Default rhinestone helmet patches!

thank goodness for Google and the internet!

http://www.ironhorsehelmets.com/Rhin...lmet_Patch.htm

http://helmetstore.stores.yahoo.net/mohebl1.html

http://www.cycleheadgear.com/motorcy...e-helmet-patch

http://www.warhawkcustoms.com/store.cfm?category=8
Closed Thread