Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 09:59 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Week of January 19th

Good Morning All!!

I'm still here, not feeling anything except the normal discomfort. Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Old 01-19-2003, 01:19 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

I still feel absolutely poopie. I'm lying on the couch trying to breathe out of at least one side of my nose. This REALLY sucks. I don't think pregnant women should have to be sick too!! OK, I'm done venting now.

Lauren: I've decided that I'm going to plan on being at least two weeks late!! I was that late for Aunt Flo before I realized I was pregnant, My brother was that late........... Course, I was two months early!! And my other brother was a couple weeks early....
Hmm, I'm seeing a disturbing pattern here!!

Hope everyone is having a super weekend.

Last edited by KarenK; 01-19-2003 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:13 AM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!It is me and "hold me baby" here !! She is clingy this morning but I am not complaining!!! She has learned a trick that makes me soo nervous..she "kicks off" using your stomach when U R holding her and throws that head back...U have to be on guard at all times!!!
Ok..Lauren and Karen--diaper update..The BabysRus brand..Great diapers cuz they are soft around the legs and not stiff like Pampers or Huggies..She is soo thin and long that the other diapers marked up her thighs soo much..I found them by accident when I was nursing in the mothers room..They had samples out to use..and I did and liked them soo much had to go get a box..That is probably the point of the samples!!!

Well..she is sleeping soo off to balance the checkbook and download some pics for printing and wash her clothes!!We are out of towels and receiving blankets!!!!
Have a great day!!!
RR
Old 01-20-2003, 10:15 AM   #4  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, it's been a long day already!! I woke up at 4:00 to pee, and couldn't go back to sleep, I was wide awake, and hungry. So I got up again at 4:50 and had a bowl of cereal and a glass of water. Got on the computer for a bit, and then sat and watched TV til DH got up at 6:00. I was back asleep by 6:30, on the sofa, only to be woken up by my mom at 9:00!! ARGH...she's driving me insane!! I told her my appt. was at 3:00 this afternoon, she forgot and assumed it was this AM, since most of my recent appts. have been at 10AM. She was only calling to tell me that Dr. Brazelton was on TV talking about fussy babies. She left a message, I didn't get up to get the phone. So I got up, took a shower, called DH (who had left me a message while in the shower), and then called mom back. I told her if she doesn't stop calling me, I'm gonna change the # and not give it to her!! She's crying to me about how nasty I'm being...she's the one that called and woke me up at 9:20 yesterday, and wonders why I'm upset that she woke me up 20 min. earlier today?!?!?! So I hung up on her and she just called me back, trying to justify herself, and blame me for being soo nasty to her lately. I told her if she doesn't want to hear my nasty, overdue, PG self being cranky to her, then don't call, one of us will call her when I go into labor!!

I know I sound like a rotten daughter right now, and how dare I yell at my mother that way, but she needs to remember what it's like to be Pg, overdue, and cranky! Heck, forget the overdue part, she needs to remember how cranky and sick of being PG she was in that last month!! UGH...

I'm sorry, I just needed to get that out.
Old 01-20-2003, 11:17 AM   #5  

Hi all!

Just checking in. It's been a busy weekend. I'm off work today for the MLK holiday & getting ready to leave to go see my grandfather for a bit.

Just wanted to report I weighed this morning & I'm down 1.8# ! Didn't quite make my goal for today, but only .4 away so I'm pretty happy!

Lauren - You're allowed to be cranky right now...your mom will get over it! Hope it happens for you soon though!

Gotta' run...talk to everyone later!

LE
150.8/145.4/125
Old 01-20-2003, 01:20 PM   #6  

HI ALL.

Had a fun weekend.
Legal - congrats on your loss!

Karen - hope you're feeling better.

have a super day.

Rabbit
Old 01-20-2003, 03:53 PM   #7  

Hi all,
I just wanted to check in. I've got a boring conference to go to Tues, Wed, & Thurs so I will be out until Fri. Hopefully I can be good. I have no idea if they are providing lunch or not. If not I'll be visiting Subway.

LBH, for your sake I hope you have the little one by the time I get back.

Be good everyone!! And congrats to all the losers. I was a little bad over the weekend so I'm waiting until the end of the month to weigh in.
Old 01-20-2003, 05:00 PM   #8  

Hi all,

I am feeling better today. Strawberry halls help to open your nose!! I was living on them at work today. My tongue is sorta numb though.

Lauren: When you were sick, did Petey stop moving so much? Alex has moved a little but not like he was up until Saturday morning. DH even got to feel him. Now he's just doing little things every great once in a while. Maybe your Mom is just nervous because she knows what you are going to have to go through. That's one great thing about having my mom so far away, she can't bug me like that!! I don't know how MIL will be as my time gets nearer but she's great about not bothering us. I guess she doesn't want to be nosy.

LE: Cool on the loss!! I've found a cool produce store by me that makes a HUGE salad for 2.50 with almost every possible veggie in it. I bought one today and I'm going to see how long it lasts me. It looks like at least four meals for DH and I. I think it will help me get in my 5 a day!!

Rabbit: So glad you had a great weekend.

Liz: Do you get the veggie sandwhich at Subway? They are SO awesome. Course, I got cheese on mine, but I did get it with just vinegar. It was yummy!! Hope the conference isn't too bad.

I'm going to make Tacos for dinner so I better go start chopping!! Have a great evening!!
Old 01-20-2003, 07:41 PM   #9  
LBH

Hi All,

Went for my 3:00 appt. today and she did a non-stress test. I didn't know she was gonna do this, she just told me to come back today for a re-check. So she strapped it on, found his HB and gave me a magazine. He was pretty much asleep, so she had to keep coming in and she would grab him by head and rattle him a little to get him to move...he wouldn't move just by pushing my stomach. So she did that a few times and his HR did go up, so she was satisfied, he passed. My BP was fine. I gained a pound since Thursday...I told her it was probably all the donuts I've eaten since then!! She wasn't concerned, I haven't gained anything in over a month!

She did an internal and man did that hurt, I was practically dangling from the ceiling tiles!! She said (as she was digging around) that she was trying to loosen things up. I said, oh, like stripping my membranes? Yes. But I'm not dilated at all yet, so she really couldn't get in there to do anything.

Have to go back Friday and she'll do an U/S to check his size and stuff, and another internal. I stopped at the health food store and bought Evening Primrose Oil and Red Rasberry Leaf Tea. She said 500mg. of the EPO 3 times a day (or all at once if I want), and the tea twice a day. Both these are supposed to help ripen the cervix.

I told her I did not want to be induced, even though I want him out, I can wait a week. I mean, if it comes down to it, and I have to be induced, at least wait until Jan. 30th, which would be 42wks.

Karen- I don't recall if he was quieter, but I don't think so. Keep in mind he's not a super active baby to begin with, I've never gotten hard kicks or anything from him, so it seemed normal to me. Not to mention it was the end of my PG that I was sick, so he was bigger and probably less active to begin with. He may be less active for you, just because you're less active, being sick, ya' know? If you have any concerns though, do "kick counts" for an hour and call you Dr. I know I keep asking this, but how many wks. are you?
Sounds like a great salad! I really wish we had a produce store around...we have none that I've found!

Liz- I sure hope I have him by Friday too!! Good luck with lunch!

LE- Congrats on the loss!!

Have a great evening all!!
Old 01-21-2003, 09:41 AM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

OMG>>>>I am exhausted..I will pay anyone $500 to let me sleep for 4 hrs straight!!! I walked all night long with Kaylee last night..DOnt know if it was a growth spurt or what but I am almost nuts.. She wanted to cluster feed all night....Just when I think I cant take it any more...she looks up at me with those little eyes and smiles and coos and my heart melts and I keep on singing!!! I am getting excercise by dancing and walking and singing until she goes to sleep...Now the book says..."A baby cant be spoiled until after 4 months of age" now I am wondering!!!!!I know every Barney and WIggle song!!!!

Lauren--Hang in there!!! U R doing good..Still soo glad I had the GD and was induced at 39weeks....I feel for U cuz I remember that pressure at 39 weeks..Keep us posted!! I agree about the stripping...OMG I thought that was the worse pain until she broke my water that morning....Sending U positive vibes!!!!!

Karen--Babies are soo irratic with movments...I could always make Kaylee move with OJ...SHe would be wild after drinking some...I think she was wild and moving until the last minute..Even now..her hands constantly move around just like in utero....

Hello all..gotta run....I hear a little cry!!!!
RR
Old 01-21-2003, 02:56 PM   #11  
LBH

Hi All,

I made a new page for Peter!! Here it is:Peter's Web Page

Oh, and nothing's happening yet...time for more tea! Yes, I'm going insane...
Old 01-21-2003, 03:43 PM   #12  

Hi guys!!

I'm feeling a tiny bit better today. I'm already considering a hot shower to unclog the nose. A nap would be nice too!!

Lauren: Love the page!! You are way too organized. I used to have lots of energy to do stuff like that now all I want is to be left alone to curl in a ball somewhere to sleep!! I hear that it doesn't get any better!! Hope he pops out of there soon.

RR: Now, you know that the only way you could sleep for four hours straight is if you booked a hotel room somewhere. I remember you saying that you were storing breastmilk so I know DH could feed her at least once in the evening while you napped..........

Seriously, I hope I can handle it as well as you are. I hate being woken up in the middle of the night so I'm not at all sure how this is going to work out!!

Gonna hit the showers. Have a nice evening!!
Old 01-21-2003, 03:53 PM   #13  

hello everyone.

This has been a tough week, last week I was an angel, but not this week. I went over on Sunday and haven't made up for it yet, but I'm working on it.

Karen - I agree about the halls cough drops. I noticed the same thing. ~ your salad sounds great.

Lauren - glad the test went well.

RR - sorry about the lack of sleep.

Rabbit
Old 01-21-2003, 04:38 PM   #14  
LBH

Karen- If I had the energy, I'd be on the floor laughing at your post!!! Me...organized??? I should take a few shots of the rest of the living room...then tell me I'm organized!! The only reason I started that page and took the pics is because I was too lazy to continue cleaning!!

Rabbit- Hang in there...hope you get your MoJo back soon!

OK, I'll admit it...I'm starting to get nervous and a little scared because I'm afraid they're gonna have to induce. I'm finding myself terrified at the thought of being induced. Please say a little prayer for me that Peter decides to come on his own...preferably this week!!
Old 01-21-2003, 05:15 PM   #15  

Lauren: I was just walking by my junked up guest room that is going to somehow magically be turned into a nursery (Ha!Ha!) and realized that every chance she gets the cat is in there sleeping on the bed. How are you going to keep Zeus out of Petey's bed? I'm thinking large cargo net over the crib? Set up the crib early and squirt her with water every time she looks at it? Oh No!! My poor Sheba cat!! Just take some nice deep breaths. In and Out slowly. Now. You probably have at least another week before they even consider inducing. Right? Don't they usually do it after 42 weeks? Petey hasn't even hit his 40th week of development yet with the crazy way they say your two weeks along before you get preggers. He just needs a little more time in the EZBake oven. After all, he's snug, he's warm, he's fed and you don't have to change diapers yet!!

RR: Any thoughts on the cat thing? I know yours have a special room but mine has run of the house.

Rabbit: Time to get out those carrot and celery sticks and start munching on them!! Put that other stuff down!!
Closed Thread