Old 03-15-2010, 09:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, menu, exercise, chit chat support- Week of March 15

Hi folks...if you are looking for a place to put your daily plan, exercise, give and get support or chit chat..then this is a place. Please feel free to join in.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:08 AM   #2  

Hi Chicks - yesterday was a healthy food day. I am grateful. I did not do my planned stretches and strengthening...but I WILL do them today. I am pleased that when I took some unplanned sesame sticks to eat at a time when I was feeling anxiety, stress and some physical pain....I threw them in the trash! I drank all my water, logged my food and did most of my other things I strive to do. I am grateful for that too.

today-
breakfast - grits, lite cheese, clementine
lunch - wrap with ff refried beans, lite cheese, salsa, salad, evoo, vinegar
snack - fiber bar, blueberries
dinner - sloppy joe on light bread, green bean salad
snack - cereal, milk, 1/;2 banana

Have a great day, friends.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-15-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I had an awesome NSV this morning....somehow as I was getting things organized last night, I totally forgot to make my lunch for today. Instead of just saying "ah...I'll get take out", I took a few mins to put together a healthy lunch. This is HUGE for me....I normally pack my lunch, but I do it the night before because I am NOT a morning person!!! I am very proud of myself for not taking the easy way out and quickly deciding to get takeout!!!!

Today I will go to the gym and do cardio and legs/back weights. I am excited to start lifting weights again!!!! I have my stickers all ready....my reward...hmmm, I have to come up with something for myself....

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:53 AM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

hubby bought "honey nut cheerios" instead of regular ones, and wow do they taste like capt'n crunch or something LOL

br: see above! 1% milk, pear
Snack: handful almonds
Lu: tuna sammich, broccoli & dip, apple
Din: baked lemon chicken, fake mashed potatoes (red spuds, skin on, mashed with a little chicken stock and splash of milk) veg & salad
treat: tea & granola bar
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #5  

Hey Chicas,

I am amazed at how quickly my mood swings. Well, not really. I DO take medication for mood swings to it only stands to reason that they'd sometimes swing in ways I can't predict. I thought I was feeling better...or maybe I was, but the weekend was really hard emotionally. I slept a lot and ate horribly. I'm down 1.6 but I was up 3 lbs last week so....

Had a really hard time getting up this morning and the idea of facing this week is overwhelming to me. Thursday is the 5 year anniversary of my mom's death. Seven weeks later is the 5 year anniversary of my dad's death. This is a rough time of year.

I really don't feel like planning food for the day which is all the more reason to do it. Here's the plan though I don't feel confident that I'll stick to it. I'd really like to just go to bed and eat oatmeal all day. But, alas, I have to work.

Hope you all have a good day!!!

Morning
1 serving(s) Peanut Butter Cliff Bar 5
6 oz Strawberry nonfat 3

Midday
lean cuisine - Quick-added food 6
1 pouch(es) Right bites mini fudge stripes 2
1 pouch(es) Right bites sandies shortbread 2

Evening
peppers and onions - Quick-added food 0
1/2 cup(s) Brown Rice 3
1/4 cup(s) fat-free sour cream 1
1/8 cup(s) Reduced fat mild cheddar shredded cheese 1
1 Mexican steak and beans 4

Anytime
3 serving(s) kettle corn sml bag 5.5
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good morning!

Ahhh it feels so good to be back! The weekend went pretty well. Hubby is doing MUCH better and my grandparents came to visit which was fun. My grandma and I went shopping and I was able to get a few smaller interim work clothes which was very nice. I stayed OP foodwise and was able to get a few workouts in during the weekend. It did make me realize how spoiled I am to have "normal" weeks in which I can workout most every day and go about my food plan with minor interruptions. I realized life happens, family comes into town and want to go out to eat, friends want to go to the pastry shop, hubby wants steak for dinner, etc. The key for me I realize is how to stay focused, yet still enjoy those pleasures in life.

beverlyjoy - Way to "step away from the sesame sticks!" haha I hope you are feeling better! I bought clementines over the weekend and thought of you

mj - GOOD FOR YOU! I really need to start taking your lead regarding resistance training. Going to the gym and doing an hour of cardio is no big deal mentally to me (I even look forward to it) but add even 10 minutes of resistance training and I'm out! I just don't know what it is! Have fun!

trazey - Um...YUM! Those potatoes sound so yummy!

soulnik - Oh girl...hang in there! Stay strong. I'll be thinking of you during this time. It will pass though and you will come out the other side. CONGRATS on the 1.6 pound weight loss this week! I try to look at every week for what it's worth. Last week is in the past and you stood back up and kept going. I think that's a huge victory in itself (at least for me it would be). Try to keep your chin up...

Today:
b - apple, cereal, coconut milk - 6
s - granola, walnuts, yogurt, banana - 8
l - pork tenderloin burrito - 7
s - orange, clementine - 2
d - greek salad - 7

Exercise: 60 minute cardio

Last edited by brandijune44; 03-15-2010 at 10:50 AM.
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:01 AM   #7  

Hi chickies!

Yesterday was a healthy day ...so gateful for the willingness to keep trying. I got alot done on my taxes - making progress. I still did not do my stretches and strengthening...I MUST today.

today
lots of water
stretches and strengthening - done
pland and log food
no seconds, eat seated only, fork down between bites
leave a bit of food after meals and snacks
remind myself WHY
mindful/slow eating
tasting my food
feeling fullness

breakfast - corn bread, egg white scramble w/ ketchup, clementine
lunch - Italian veggie stew with parm, garlic toast
dinner - cheese toast, tomato soup, salad, evoo, vinegar
snack - rice cakes with pnb & honey. sf cocoa

brandijune - glad to hear dh came through his oral surgery well. Kudo's for staying focused with grandparents changing the routine. It's great to see them, of course and you figured it out. YAY

soulnic - I am so sorry you are struggling with emotions. It's so hard when our parents are gone. Write them letter - that helps me when I start thinking of my dad. I am glad you are down in weight from the weight gain last week. You take care now!

trazey - your fake mashed tater sound deelish...thanks for posting it.

mj - so many kudos. Good for you being willing to pack your lunch in the am, getting your stickers, and planning for the gym. You rock, friend.

Have a great day friends.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-16-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:15 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Im still trying the minimeal thing my dr suggested. I found it really hard and I guess I need to reprogram my brain. I feel like Im cheating when I eat a heavy snack and feel mistreated at meal time. I agreed to try it for one month.
plan for today
walk outside, playground with kids
water water and more water( UTI about gone)
food- breakfast eggs with veggies and thin bun half
mid morning apple , sting cheese
lunch - fish and brussel sprouts
afternoon snack- thin bun with pb
porkchop and salad and beets
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #9  
mj5

Good Morning! Super busy at work today...but hopefully it will make the day go fast!

Excellent workout last night! It felt SO good to lift weights! Just cardio tonight.

Have a great OP day today! I brought some lemon slices for my water at work...so yummy!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:17 AM   #10  

I'm very grumpy at that scale this morning! I am headed to WW this morning for my "official" weigh-in but don't like to be surprised. I got a new digital scale this week and stepped on it and it told me I lost 5 pounds! I thought "Oh, I better check in on the old scale." It told me I GAINED a pound! What? I stepped back on the new scale and it then told me I gained! I can't figure it out! I'll let you know how it goes "officially" when I get back...but just felt like getting out my frustration at the moment
Old 03-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #11  

Well, it's confirmed...I didn't lose any weight this week. At least I didn't gain I guess. These are the toughest moments for me. I felt like I did a great job this week...completely 100% OP eating and working out. hmmmmm. Just keep moving forward I guess

Today:
b - banana, WW bar - 3
s - yogurt, granola, walnuts - 6
l - pork tenderloin burrito - 8
s - orange - 1
d - ravioli, light alfredo, breadstick, salad, wine - 14

Exercise: Walked to WW meeting
Old 03-16-2010, 03:28 PM   #12  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey all. I'm here, but just swamped at work. (stupid job)
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #13  
mj5

brandi--stupid scale! Keep at it, the scale will catch up! Make a committment to try some resistance training. I use machines for legs (b/c of my bad knee I try to be careful and they have the same machines as my former PT), but free weights for upper body. There is a great website with a lot of info...I'll have to get you the link from home, I don't have it here. I am often the only girl in the free weight room and THAT took some confidence building on my part, but now I just walk right in....ok, sometimes I have to turn up my music a bit first, but i still do it! LOL!!!

Beverlyjoy--Do those streteches! And take care of your pieces/parts!

soulnik--How are you today?

dgramie--Yea, that sounds really hard.

Diane--Silly work!!! Hope it lets up soon!

I am SO ready to go to the gym. It was SO hectic first thing this morning I hardly accomplished anything. I should stay late, but I am not going to. Whatever gets done gets done.

Chat w/ you later!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:34 AM   #14  
mj5

Good morning everyone! I went to the gym last night AND came home and took the dogs for a walk. It was SO nice out!!!

No gym for me today, but that's ok, it was a planned day off...I have a hair appt right after work. I can't wait!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 03-17-2010, 06:23 AM   #15  

Hi chicks - yesterday I had 'fight' my way through the urges to eat a bunch of junky food. My food took many twists and turns but I managed to stay in my calorie range. I am very grateful.

I weighed today and I am down three pounds since Tuesday of last week. Yay!

Yesterday I made the bookmarks to give to folks at my wonderful stepmom's 85th birthday party. It's all coming together.

today I need to take time to do all my 'stuff' -

plan and log food
lots of water
sit eating, no seconds, fork down between bites
mindful slow eating
taste the food
stretches and strengthening
remember why

breakfast - English Muffin with Almond Butter, clementine
lunch - egg white scramble with turkey pepperoni and lite cheese, toast, green beans
dinner - smart ones lasagna, big salad
snack - rice cakes with pnb and honey, 1/2 banana

Mj - yes, I did my stretches and strengthening exercises - thanks for the reminder. Kudo's to you getting to the gym and walking the dog. Hair appointment - fun to get prettied up!

Hi Slash - glad you could check in....have a great healthy day.

brandijune - I am sorry that da** scale isn't showing what it should. It will show eventually. Hang in there...you are great. Have you ever had your thyroid checked? Sometimes that can effect metabolism. (Just a though) Pick one scale and stick with it. It's hard to switch. I wear my shoes and an ankle brace when I weigh - at first it said I gained almost four pounds, instantly. But - that was my new starting point. Hang in there, friend.

dgrammie - I am glad the doctor's suggestion of more smaller meals has been helpful.

soulnic - trazey - shout out...hope all is well.

Tomorrow I leave for the first leg of my 10 day journey. I am going to do a party for my stepmom's 85th. I got my cousins to do the cooking! I'll do the rest. It will be hard - out of my food comfort zone. But, I've got my journal, cards to read on things I am working on. I am going to do food exchanges and allow myself 2-3 hundred extra calories a day, if necessary. I'll do my best. It's the worst part of a fun time - managing the food. But - planning will help!

If I can - I'll check in daily. I'll be back Sunday - then I'll leave for my next trip.

Everyone have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-17-2010 at 08:42 AM.