Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 12-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/193/130

Height: 5'5

Question Rebok EasyTone

Does anyone have these shoes? I looked at a post a while back but noone seemed know if they worked yet. I was thinking about getting myself a late Christmas present...

The website is pretty cool, you can design the shoes in the color you want them. They also claim to work your legs and butt pretty well, but I was wondering if anyone here has them/seen results?

Mal
malory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #2  
it's always something

I haven't tried them, but they sound like they might feel good when wearing them. This article on CNN said they don't work. http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/12...ref=newssearch But if they encourage more exercise, then that can only be a positive thing
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:48 AM   #3  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

If you get them, I want to know how they are! They certainly couldn't replace my running shoes, but I think it'd be cool to get the extra leg/butt workout while walking around the mall or something.
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

I was curious about these, too. I could use a little toning in these areas !!
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #5  
Mind Over Stomach

S/C/G: 160/ticker/136

Height: 5' 5"

I TRIED to buy them, but all the shoe stores in the mall were completely sold out! I also would like to know if they work b4 buying.

Last edited by specialkonadiet; 12-29-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: typo
specialkonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #6  
WW Moderator

Try Earth Shoes. They have a lower heel than the rest of the shoe, and they do strengthen the calves and help straighten posture. I can't say they did anything for the butt, but they do help with calf action. I have plantar fasciitis, and these shoes helped tremendously. (These are not the 'earth shoes' from WalMart.)
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/197/150

Height: 5'7

I bought them from Dick's Sporting Goods and absolutely love them! The one area I can tell they are helping me is in my core. I am forced to pull in my stomach when wearing them. Honestly, the reason I bought them is I was in a car wreck a couple of years ago that screwed up my lower back. I was told I needed to strengthen my core and hamstrings. Boy do they! I can feel it burning. Also, I have to say they are extremely comfortable. My bf and I decided for that fact alone they were worth it. Plus I think they look pretty cute
WVUFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #8  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

S/C/G: 155/149.8/135

Height: 5'7"

I have a pair, but I haven't worn them yet (I wanted the pink ones, and got the white ones by accident). Every time I try to return them, they are out of my size in the pinks.

BUT... I've heard that they are not that great -- you have to wear them for at least 8-10 hours before you feel any effect. I work 10 hour days and am constantly on my feet, which is why I wanted these shoes. I will try to remember to update once I actually get the pink ones... but I was planning on wearing them around the house on a day off or something to see if I even felt anything... Not worth 100 bucks if they are not going to do anything for me!
LuckyJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 256.8/251.6/180

Height: 5'10"

I tried on a pair at the mall but didn't like them. The heels just seem to flatten right out on me, I didn't like that at all. Maybe I just weigh too much or are they supposed to do that?
BFC2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 256.8/251.6/180

Height: 5'10"

Woops! Sorry, those were Sketchers, Shape ups I tried on not reebok.
BFC2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #11  

La Gear has their own version called walk n tone. I bought them at Khols and love them. Very comfortabable but not as comfortable as my Therashoes or Danskins which are knockoffs of Sketchers or maybe Sketchers are knockoffs of thershoes which are knockoffs of Mbt...............VBG
lynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:10 PM   #12  
Hello world. U R lovely.

S/C/G: 157/134/120

Height: 5'3

Default I have Easytones!

I have a pair of Reebok Easytones, and I absolutely love them. They are the most comfortable tennis shoe I have ever worn. I'm at work, and am actually wearing them now.

It's difficult for me to determine if they help in toning, however, as I started wearing them at the same time I began working out. Sorry, wish I could be more helpful...if anything, I recommend them for being such a comfortable shoe (and in my opinion, much cuter than the other toning shoes out there).
Sampaguita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/140/125

Height: 5'6"

I have these shoes and I think that they do work. I can feel it in my glutes after I walk in them. My lower butt/upper legs are a bit sore the next day after a long walk (about 3-4 miles) in them. Also, I have to agree with everyone who said they are comfortable. I have 2 herniated disks in my lower back and high arches, so I am very picky about comfort, and these are awesome for me.
druidgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:13 PM   #14  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

S/C/G: 155/149.8/135

Height: 5'7"

Bumping an old thread, but I wanted to come back and update my thoughts on these shoes.

Simply said:
LOVE THEM!

Highly recommend them. I decided to just bite the bullet and wore them to work (briefly: I work 10 hour very active on-my-feet-the-whole-entire-day days) and I felt the soreness in my calves the very next morning. I didn't feel a lot of 'soreness' in my thighs per se, but I did think that the muscles felt tighter even after that first day. I've worn them for a full two weeks now, and I will not be buying any other brand of shoes for work. They are comfy, look good and work. (Only complaint: they squeak across the floors if you stop suddenly -- it can be loud (personal experience!))
LuckyJules is offline   Reply With Quote