South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default Planned p2 cheat on 3/27..do I go back to P1 afterwards?

I am on day 11 of phase 1 (down 8 pounds ). 10 days into phase 2, my hubby and I are going away overnight to celebrate our 23rd anniversary. We share a bottle of mumms champagne every year on that day..its a tradition that I dont want to skip so i'm going to go ahead and indulge.

so...what should I do the next day? The champagne will most likely stall my weight loss and probably trigger some cravings. I've had NO cravings since I started and sugar is usually my downfall so i'm afraid that I will have cravings and then cheat after our anniversary has passed. Phase 1 will give me time to get over whatever cravings may come.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Should I do phase 1? If so, for how long? Or should I just continue phase 2 and wait and see if the cravings even come?

thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!
valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I cheated one day and only one day and I was fine, but if u have cravings, do a day of P1.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:13 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Happy anniversary a little early! And congrats on your great success so far!

I would just continue with a gradual introduction into Phase 2 after your anniversary. Add Phase 2 foods in slowly so you can pinpoint which ones can cause cravings. If you notice cravings returning full-force, feel free to return to Phase 1 for 1-3 days to get them under control.

I hope you have a wonderful trip!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

If you notice cravings after the champagne (I do not - it's like my serving of wine ), then do Ph1 for a day or two to rid your body of it. If not, I agree with Kara and start Ph2...or 1.5, heh.

happy anni!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Anniversary, Valley! Twenty three years of married life is certainly worth celebrating with a bottle of champagne, so enjoy it and cherish your special day! And I agree with Kara and Jenne, just hop right back on the SBD wagon the next day and see how it goes. If you start experiencing cravings, then go back to Phase 1 for a couple of days to clear them out of your system. But, otherwise, just pick up from where you left.

And congratulations for the 8 lb. loss so far!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #6  

Height: 5'3"

thanks everyone! I appreciate it!
valley is offline   Reply With Quote