Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What is your favorite color (or the hue closest to it)?
White 0 0%
Yellow 5 11.11%
Orange 1 2.22%
Red 4 8.89%
Pink 2 4.44%
Blue 10 22.22%
Purple 12 26.67%
Green 8 17.78%
Brown 0 0%
Tan 0 0%
Gray 0 0%
Black 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 07:15 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 1/20-1/26

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=23978

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 01-20-2003, 07:18 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, I think they are all good, and I hope you read them and in between the lines as well

WITHIN YOUR REACH

Your dreams are most certainly within your reach. Yet just because they're within your reach does not automatically mean that you'll reach them. It is up to you to move yourself toward them. It is up to you to use each day, each moment, each thought and action to go surely and steadily in the direction you wish to go.

If the place you plan to reach is just a few hundred yards to the north of you, and yet you insist on always walking south, you'll have a very difficult time ever reaching it. Are your actions in each moment moving you toward the place you want to be, or are they moving you away?

There are certain things, wonderful things, positive, valuable and exciting things you intend to accomplish. Right this very moment is the time to be taking clear, definite steps toward them.

Rise above the distractions of the moment and look at the big picture of your life. Give yourself some meaningful perspective and then take a clear, objective look at the direction in which you're headed.

Are you letting the distractions and temptations determine your direction, or are you following your highest vision for what life can be? The sooner you start moving in the direction of your dreams, the sooner you will get there, and now is the perfect time to start.

-- Ralph Marston

THE NEXT HOUR

In just one hour from now, your world can be an entirely different place than it is this moment. You can make it a better place as a result of what you do with this time that you now have.One hour from now, you can be well on your way toward your most treasured dream. One hour from now, you can experience the exhilarating freedom of moving surely and steadily beyond your most difficult challenge.

In just one hour from now, you can be looking back with satisfaction at how much you've been able to accomplish. In just one hour's time, your whole attitude can be a thousand times more positive and productive than it is even now.

Yes, you could spend the next hour wandering aimlessly through a fog of anger, despair or frustration, and if you wish you'll find plenty of excuses for doing so. Or you can really and truly live the next hour with energy and vitality, looking positively forward with the very best you have to give.

The next hour is absolutely critical, for it is the one over which you now have control. You have every reason, every resource and every ability to make it the very best you've ever lived.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 01-20-2003, 07:39 AM   #3  

Good Monday Morning to everyone! My scale went down again over the weekend even with one meal faux pas that was planned. We had dinner at a friend's place on Saturday night and she is an awesome cook. Last time I went to her place I ended up taking my own meal then was jealous of everyone else! This time I only ate protein all day so that I would be able to eat a decent meal. I even had dessert and it was fantastic. The good news is that it was the one meal and that was it. I call that control when it was planned and I ate earlier in the day in a way to prepare for it. The scale was up only 1/2 pound the next morning and now it is back down an additional pound.

I know it is Motivational Monday but I really don't have anything officially motivating to say. To be honest, I don't even read the Motivational Messages. :blush: I guess as a Christian I find my strength in God and not in myself at all so most of them are void for me. However, for those of you that it works for, that is great!

I guess I will wait and see what everyone has to say this morning and how their weekends went since there were few posts since my last reply. Gotta get back into the Monday groove today and get things re-organized in the house.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:59 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone. Well today I finally feel like I've got my life back. Not to say I didn't have one but for well over a year my husband has been out of work, except a part time job over the summer. Today is his first day back at real work. I can't believe it. I'm really going to be alone today. No t.v.'s just me.... LOL I've missed my private time so bad. Yee Ha my husband has a JOB I still can't believe it... So guess I'll clean house. Thats even exciteing... Alone, alone, alone...... Gee I sound a little crazy. Just remember if you ladies that stay home get bored it could be worse! Hope you all had a great week-end. Here we have a whole week in front of us...

Debilli- You really made me think with your message. I'm going to remember the one hour one. And I think "Within your reach" hits me to a tee and I can really relate to it. Thank you for posting them...

Gracious- Girl you did great at the dinner. Now to me thats the way I want to do my life. Plan for it. Enjoy it and go on. Congradulations on the weight dropping and doing so well with your attitute.

Will come back later....

213/166/130
Old 01-20-2003, 08:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday

Boy they sure get here quick don't they? Most people are off today so hopefully it will be a quiet day.

Got to go shopping Sat nite and got some bargains. 2 pairs of jeans and 3 sweaters for $90. I was happy. Plus the jeans were a size 10. My DH asked me if that was good. I told him yes since they used to be 22's.

Yesterday was spent watching the playoffs all day. Was disappointed that Tenn lost. But my cats sure whooped up on Notre Dame. Why couldn't they have done that to Lou?

Better get posted and get to work:

Fruit, get rid of those clothes. Never to wear them again. 5 bags of big clothes is great. It is such a great feeling. 2 sizes too big is still a great accomplishment. Be proud.

ACW, I think we are all in the same boat, I had clothes in my closet from 12-22, plus ones I had boxed up I have saved for 15 years. I never thought I would get back in them, but I have.

Nomoresugar, Don't say t's cold in Fla, I'm coming down there to get away from the cold.

Melf, glad your DD is situated and happy. Happy for you both. Enjoy your quiet time.

Sweetbeater, congrats on the 2 lbs and the good blood numbers. You will feel much better.

Serene, Come on post the pics, what's a few pics among friends!!

Deb, I think we need to get you some sexy lingerie (probably nothing that was modeled in the fashion show) to keep Eli home. Hope things go ok for your dad.

Aleka, I dont think that bread is legal due to "unbleached", but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Gracious, I find that your weekend dinner was very motivating. I think that you planned ahead, ejoyed your dinner, and then went right back on track, plus the bonus of losing a pound. That is very motivating. We have to learn how to adjust for those special times and you did just that and showed us it can be done. Thanks. WTG ont hat lb. too.

Toni, I can feel the excitement in your post. Congrats on your DH getting a job. That has to help alot. I can tell you are not looking forward to the weekend, just the week.

Have a great day. Be back later.

Jackie
257/163/145
10-10-01
Old 01-20-2003, 09:21 AM   #6  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

Still a bit too chilly for me to even want to go out and exercise this morning. Thought I'd do a bit of a clean-up in the house and THEN think about hitting the pavement for the first time since the marathon. I need to get out there and back in to my usual routine but I just HATE when it's cold AND windy!

ELI left a little bit ago to go to work, but luckily, he's off tomorrow. We won't be heading up to Broward at our usual time, or going to the usual place tomorrow since it's LAUREN'S birthday. She loves lobster and we'll be taking her to a place up there that is decently priced after school gets out. The place I took her every year has gotten ridiculously expensive and I got sticker shock last year (didn't even ask the price beforehand!)

My eating is better. It got a bit hairy there for a while and as usual, was hard for me to get back on the right track. I know I'm way up on the scale, I don't need to step on the metal monster to see it, I can feel it in my clothes AND my skin. I have re-committed. Not only did I not like what I saw on the scale (and I'm sure it's now worse than it was), but I came to realize, I'm just 2 months shy of my 3 year SB ANNIVERSARY and I surely don't want to be heavier this year than I have since I met my goal weight. It was time to get down to some serious thinking and tighten those reigns!

I would like to recommend a book I had seen reviewed in one of my health magazines which gave it a good review. I got it at the library and I have to say it's well worth reading. If you can get a copy at your local library, please try to reserve it and read it. It has some very good information as well as tips. I'm not recommending it per se for the "diet" content, but for other very useful information. The title of the book is THE SMART WEIGH and is written by PAMELA M. SMITH. I learned some new things from this book that were helpful.

GRACIOUS, good job on getting the scale to go down. Hope I can say the same soon, but I'm NOT stepping on mine until sometime next week, why torture myself?

TONI, hope DH's first day on the job is a good one. The kids Dad got a job as well and is now in training up north of Orlando for the next 7 weeks. Hoping now that he has a paycheck coming we won't be arguing about what he owes me and how he's going to pay me. Enjoy your "alone" time today!!! Glad you liked the MM messages - I printed them out!

JACKK, sounds like you got a few bargains out there AND in a great size! CONGRATS! I bought a new pair of sneaks the other day at Sears, a pair of Avias that were reg. $39.99, on sale for $29.99 and I had a $10 coupon, so basically, I got them half price. I always look for a good deal on sneaks since I tend to go through them quicker than most people. Girl, no sexy lingerie for this body, never have, never will. I like them big and covering all areas. I still wear stuff that's XXL!

SWEET, glad to see you see the benefits of this WOE beyond what you see on the scale. Keep up the great work!!!

ALEKA, the unbleached wheat flour being the first ingred. in the bread makes it not legal. The rest of the ingredients are fine, but the first should read either STONE GROUND, or WHOLE.

NMS, trust me, the gain is there, you may not be able to see it, but I surely feel it in more ways than one. I have no one to blame it on but myself. Only I did this, only I can fix it, and I will!!! Were you able to find the agave?

FRUIT, sorry to miss you too, will try again, of course We'll have to see what people think, do another get together this year, or plan for next. What's a good time of year where it's not too hot there, as well as good for your schedule?

Well, it's now after 9am here. I'm going to get a few things done and then TRY my best to get my butt out there. If not today, def. tomorrow, as I can't go on Wednesday, have an early meeting for Michael's magnet at school. Of all places, they pic IHOP - ick! Oh well, a glass of water will do me fine.

Sorry not to be able to reply to all the posts from last week, please forgive me. Will try to do better this week when I'm able to get on the computer.

Will check in later!!!

Toodles

Debbie
194/13?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 01-20-2003, 09:28 AM   #7  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Happy Monday

Hi Gang!

We're still in a deep freeze up here! The temps aren't too bad (still below "normal") but it's that dang wind! Actually, even tho it's cold, I had a nice walk to and from DS's school--I was actually getting a little too warm by the time I got back home! That long underwear comes in handy!

DEBELLI--THE NEXT HOUR is so true! I had actually intended to do that today. Take it a little bit at a time and it will be amazing what I can accomplish! I always like the MM's you post.

GRACIOUS--Are you still freezing over there? Congrats on the pound lost and for planning your day and getting right back on track.

TONI--I know exactly what you mean about being alone! DH is at work and DS is at school and I'm gonna have FUN cleaning with nobody in the way!

JACKK--WTG on the size 10's! And the great deals shopping! We don't have a holiday in January here (except New Years day). Try not to work too hard.

Time to get cleaning!
Old 01-20-2003, 09:44 AM   #8  

Happy Monday! Not! My scale is up and I'm not sure why. One thing I can think of is that I've cut way back on lifting since I started training for the 10K run. I get burnt out on spending so much time exercising. I will crack down on my eating for the rest of the week and see what happens. I've been eating legal, but just too much of it, I'm sure.
Deb--I hope you find time to run today. I hope the birthday dinner for Lauren works out well. How old is she? I will look for that book,
Jackie-Could you share how you eat--you are losing so much weight, I just wondered how you do it. Size 10's--woohoo!
Toni-I can totally understand what you are saying about having your dh home all the time. I'm glad things are working out.
Gracious-WTG on the weight loss even with the one Off Program dinner. You are really doin it.
Susanne-I like your attitude-just dress warm and go out in the weather. Don't let a little cold keep you cooped up.
Old 01-20-2003, 09:48 AM   #9  

Thumbs down I am back!

Hi there everyone,
For those who remember me please do not faint! It has been a long time since I have posted but that does not mean I have not peeked at the board from time to time, sounds like you all are doing great! As I noted before this site is a great place with wonderful caring support!

As some of you already know I am getting divorced after 25 years of marriage. I celebrated my 50th birthday in October and 10 days later my husband told me he did not want to be married anymore. Things had not been good for some time and I guess I was in a state of denial and that it was a tolerable marriage. I realize now that marriage should not be tolerable, so I guess he did me a favor. I feel stronger now than ever before and with the support of my family and friends I feel that I will be fine! My weekend in Orlando with my sugarbuster buddies was incredible! It was better for me than hours of counseling with my therapist, what an incredible, caring group of women! DEBBIE, SONYA, TRISH, LYN, MARY, WENDY, SABRINA, VESNA, GAIL, thank you all so much for making me laugh, letting me talk and generally just letting me relax and have a great carefree weekend!!!!!!!! You all are wonderful and I am so grateful to have met you guys, thanks again!

Now to the weight business, I must confess that I had fallen off the wagon and have restarted today on my sugarbusting journey. The past few months I have not gone crazy with my eating , I still manged to lose another 12 pounds due to the stress, but I have not been eating enough of the right things and have been skipping meals, so send the sugarbusting wagon this way please!

I promise to stay focused and post more often, I am hoping to move into a rental home in the school district that my daughter is in now, so pray that I find something I can afford. When we divided up th household goods I am getting the computer, so I will be able to stay in touch!

Take care all and have a great week!

chris

P.S DEBBIE, loved the motivational quote, I can really relate and will print it out and frame it for my new place! Also thank you so much for all the phoine calls checking on me, James Taylor's song "You've got a friend" comes to mind, thank you for being my friend!
Old 01-20-2003, 09:50 AM   #10  

Jack-K- Thanks! You are a sweetie!

Fillise- How long will you be in Montgomery? Will we be able to get up-to-the-minute info from you?

Fruitloupe- LOL! Lack of clothing can definitely work as a motivator!

ACW- How many little ones do you have? What are their ages? Sounds like you’ve got your hands full! What a joy a large family can be!

Melf- Congrats on getting DD moved back to her own place! I had to spend a few months living with my mom and dad a couple of years ago (before dh and ds). Boy, was I glad when I was finally able to move back out! I can imagine the relief both of you are feeling.

Sweetbeater- WTG! Overall health is the best goal to have on any WOE and you sure are achieving that!

Deb- At first I thought you meant Eli got a watch with SugarBuster’s logo on it. I had to think for a minute about why StarBucks would give him that J Love the “One Hour” MM! I think I’ll be printing that one and posting it by my desk. Could actually help me stay motivated to actually WORK while here

Toni- So glad your dh is back at work! My dh is in the process of finding full-time work with normal hours. He does shift work now, so I never see him! Guess we have opposite problems

Well, I must get my booty in gear and accomplish something today. I really think our office should be closed today! We're the only church in town open! My dh and ds are home having all the fun and I'm off to get pricing on printer cartridges. Not fair!

--Kat
Old 01-20-2003, 11:38 AM   #11  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HELLO GANG!!

BOB here...home today after not sleeping again last night! I went to bed at my normal time and started tossing and turning, couldn't get situated, turned the TV back on just in time to see THE BUCS arrive back in Tampa to seven to ten thousand people waiting for them at the stadium!
Finally went to sleep around 5 a.m. and then the damn clock went off and I called the boss to say NO WAY!!! Now, I'm fighting sinus yuckies...

Glad to hear that everyone had a good weekend..It was cold here, but I like the crispiness in the air!

My eating continues to be good...could be better, but I'll get back 100% soon..I'm going to take advantage of today and get some things cooked up for the week..

Haven't looked at the pictures yet, but I'm sure they are something to see! I've seen Debbie's night wear, and believe me, I could easily use one of hers if I forget mine! She's comfortable though and that's what counts! For those of you who have never been as large a lady as Debbie was, and I still am, you just can't get away from the past in certain things! Sometimes for comfort, sometimes head games!

HELLO to EVERYONE I'm off to get my cooking started..
I'll check in later...

BOB
Old 01-20-2003, 11:50 AM   #12  
VR

Quick good morning to everyone...
No holiday for me!! Running to work..
Old 01-20-2003, 01:57 PM   #13  

Default Good morning everyone.

Well actually, it was morning when I sat down to start this post, but you know what they say about the best laid plans. Had a terrific week-end. The weather was beautiful and it was great to get out and do a few things but not be too pressured. Eating was good and I'm happy to say that the Orlando extra pounds are gone as of this morning.

I'm one of the lucky souls that had to get up and leave their family snoozing bed and go to work this morning. I guess I shouldn't complain too much, though. Joe got a call last night that one of the EMS crews had been involved in an accident so he had to go check that out. He didn't get home until well after midnight. It was a hit and run and did about $50-60,000 in damage to the ambulance. Fortunately, no one was injured seriously and they didn't have a patient on board at the time.

I guess I better get to work now.

See ya later,

Trish

P.S. BKM I'm so glad to see you back on the board.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:19 PM   #14  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

Greetings all.....last week of school holidays...hooray!!! Have arranged more preschool hours so hope to have more "me " time. It has become #1 priority. It has been so hard to take control of my life and eating witht the extra stress of school holidays. Am looking forward to really taking control. Even a trip to the supermarket is a nightmare with the kids!

Am planning to start walking once school back and am on the lookout for a walking buddy at present.

Eating very erratic over weekend. Often is when DH home throws all the routines out. Lots of nibbles of naughty things! I know they'll all come back to haunt me on WIW!

Debelli - very inspiring words. I will print them out and put them where I can see them.

Mom2Marsh - I have 3 children- Braden 6, Rebecca 2 1/2 (seems like 22 some days!), and Keighley (1 on 24th). So yes it is very busy around here. Have just increased Rebecca's preschool hours to 1 1/2 days per week so this will make a huge difference to my sanity. DH works long hours so he's home after the two little ones are in bed most nights and often gone before they're up in a.m. He has 3 days off a fortnight but never 2 days in a row so I'm pretty much it most of the time. No wonder I feel depressed!!!

Have a good day all I'm going to look for something motivational to post later!

Anna
Old 01-20-2003, 04:00 PM   #15  
Little Engine That Could

No time to really post today. Had French in the morning, weight lifting in the early afternoon, and off to another class tonight at 4:30. Just wanted to say "hi" to everyone.
I haven't seen Monet on for a few days. Is she out of town or on vacation?
BKM--Glad to see your post.
Bye.
Closed Thread