Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 10:28 PM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default The Worldlies March On Over to Mel's for Margaritas...

Ola chickas! Don't know about you but I need a break from focusing on all the hard stuff. Maybe if I just relax a little, things will fall into place.

Let's make this a month where we focus on the positive, the things that make us and just feel good about ourselves

And if we need help, there's Margarita's at Mel's. Not exactly tropical warm on the boardwalk this time of year but we'll make do.

Welcome to another month, another opportunity and another month of friendship amongst the worldlies. A round of love for all

You may now resume posting.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:41 PM   #2  
Choose your hard

And a short post just to bump the new month up to the top.

I was on my feet too much today. Sufferin' succotash! I can't believe I've been off for a week and hardly nothing got done. But like DH said, it was a free pass. I am hoping to do minimal doctors this month. Tired of seeing people in white

I am excited about a new month though. February is not my favorite. I can never seem to get warm. I think I saw temperatures in the 60's for later on in the week. If I could, I'd dance - till then this guy will have to do it for me
Old 03-01-2010, 04:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Margheritas huh? Well I will have a lemon frosted thanks.

Maybe I will follow Happy's example and drink the month away.

Tomorrow will see the end of the carbon brushes. All neatly catalogued. Extraneous materials deleted, stocks correct, and the rack and storage codes absolutely right. Hard work but it's been worth it. What next??? I think I better get some paperwork finished - I'm a bit behind with that.

Happy - sorry that the feet are not fixing quickly. Still it will all be worth it in the end. Had to laugh at the kids on the lawn. I can imagine the look on DH's face with his beloved lawns and shrubs.
A 73 year old is a young un. Christchurch in NZ has Auntie Ruth. She's a bit of a character. Until she was 86, she was mending roofs. After that she got too old, so she hired an apprentice (57) and now he gets on the roof. She is now 92 and has given up the roof for laying concrete driveways. Wonder what she will do when she gets too old for that?

Mel - good to see you back. Think I saw a couple of posts from you today. Do NOT OVERDO IT! Get it, got it, GOOD!!!

Time to go feed the frenzied face. Later gator
Old 03-01-2010, 07:55 AM   #4  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WITH DRINK IN HAND....I SALUTE MARCH AND MISS HAPPY FOR MAKING IT HAPPEN!! THANKS HAPPY!!
SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOUR FOOT IS TAKING IT'S SWEET TIME HEALING. AND YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE RESTING NOT WORRYING ABOUT GETTING THINGS DONE!! DID YOU GO TO WORK?? WHATEVER YOU DO TODAY....DO NOT LIFT THAT FOOT TO KICK SOMEONE IN THE BUTT!!

SHAD~ GLAD YOU ARE ALMOST DONE WITH THE BRUSHES AND THERE WILL BE NO MORE BRUISES ON THE BUTT. I MIGHT EVEN HAVE LENT YOU MY CHRISSY TO PUT THE ARNICA ON. GOD I LOVE THAT MAN!! WHEN YOU WROTE ARNICA...IT IMMEDIATELY REMINDED ME OF A JOHN WAYNE'S MC CLINTIOCK WESTERN. PATRICK WAYNE HAD BEEN IN A FIGHT AND THEY TALKED OF PUTTING TINCTURE OF ARNICA ON THE BLACK EYE!! FUNNY HOW THE MIND WORKS...OR WHAT'S LEFT OF MINE!! GOT THE NOTE. HAVE A GREAT WEEK LIL SIS.

GOOD MORNING CHICKS. NOT MUCH NEW HERE. WEEKEND HAD A VERY QUIET ENDING AND THAT WAS FINE WITH ME. HAVE LOTS OF STUFF TO PASS ON SO I AM OUTTA HERE. LOVE TO ALL AND HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY
Old 03-01-2010, 07:56 AM   #5  
Happy September

WOW!!!!!!!! THAT'S A MIGHTY BIG DRINK!! T5HE PICV ON THE PAGE WAS TINY!! WE COULD SWIM IN THIS ONE!!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #6  
Choose your hard

some days you have to quench a big thirst with a big drink
Old 03-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #7  
Happy September

YOUR SPRING FLOWERS GO GO VERY WELL WITH THIS TALL DRINK!!! I JUST PRINTED THIS OUT TO HANG ON MY FRIDGE.....IT WILL HELP ME THINK "WARMER" THOUGHTS!!!!!!

Old 03-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Margaritas.....too many calories for me. I'll have to pass.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #9  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday everyone -

I had such a busy weekend! But it wasn't all work...and I found a little bit of resting time last night. I went to the gym Friday after work. Saturday morning, I took the dogs to the groomers and while they were getting their haircuts, I went to the library and used the WiFi to get some website work done. Then as soon as the dogs were done and I got them home, we left for Chicago. We had a wonderful dinner out with our friend - I had Chicken Parm instead of deep dish...plus a fabulous bowl of spinach and lentil soup! Mmmmmm!! After dinner we went with a friend to a Trivia contest! There were lots of questions, and they were really, really tough...but our team managed to finish 4th out of 15th...so not too bad. We got home from Chicago around 1 am. Got a few hours of sleep and woke up to put a pot roast in the crockpot. Then I went grocery shopping, did laundry and LOTS of website work. Finally got done about 5 pm. We watched the Olympic Hockey game (which we DVRed) and then I fell fast asleep.

I'm looking forward to getting back to the gym tonight for Zumba and strength training. I kinda overindulged on Saturday, so I'll have to work it off this week.

One quick question for my wonderful worldly friends. Yesterday and today, I've been experiencing a bit of light headedness/dizziness. I thought it might be blood sugar related...but I did a blood sugar test and it was okay. I've also recently had a few mild hot flashes, and I was wondering if the light headedness/dizziness could be a sign of perimenopause, or if I should make an appt with a doc.

Laura - Hope you had a nice, relaxing weekend, and that the BF kept the company away.

Ceejay - Sounds like you have very nice retirement plans. My dream retirement would be to sell the house, buy a large RV and travel around the states...being in the northern states during the summer and the southern states during the winter. Now, I have to convince DH that that's his dream retirement too. I would love to travel abroad too. Retirement is a long way off for me though...not cuz I'm young...just cuz we're broke!

Happy - I just LOVE your signature line!! A 73 year old roofer?? Yikes!! I hope he assigns the more physical tasks to the younger (65 year old) guys. Glad to hear the roof is done. I hope your foot is feeling better so you can be up and around (just a little mind you!!). Sending you lots of : for your doc appt today. Let us know how it goes, okay? All the walking in your dream was probably your feet tellin' you something - like don't walk unless absolutely necessary, chica! You are NOT supposed to get stuff done while you were off. Your job last week was to REST and GET BETTER! Speaking of clutter rat, whenever we visit our friend in Chicago it reminds me just how much unnecessary STUFF/CLUTTER we have. She has a small, but very, very nice one bedroom apartment. That is so clean and well decorated and organized that it doesn't seem as small as it truly is. The whole apartment is probably the size of our living room and kitchen...and it's lovely. I came home to our house stuffed full of clutter and closets full of stuff we haven't used in years...and I realized that I have lots of sorting/organizing to do to weed stuff out. I love the spring flowers avatar!

Annie - Happy belated wedding anniversary to your parents!! Hope you had a great weekend, including quality time with momma.

Shad - Similar to Australia, beer features strongly at ALL festivals here. Glad to hear there's a light at the end of the carbon brushes tunnel! Hope the butt bruise is doing better. Try and stay warm, okay?

Mel - OMG, Mel! If you can get a fever from clogged up plumbing...you might wanna pick up some Fiber One bars so your "end" will be all well! 16"-20" more of snow??!! I'm glad it missed us. That margarita you posted isn't too big...it's just the right size!! Bottoms up (with apologies to Shad's bruise). Thanks for the spring flowers photo too! Makes me feel warmer already...or maybe that's just the tequila talking!

Bargoo - Virtual margaritas have no calories! Yummy!

Patty - Did you have a good weekend?

Well, I'd better get productive. If anyone has any reason why I'm dizzier and more lightheaded than normal, I'd appreciate your input. And I said dizzier, not ditzy-er!

Love to all,

Last edited by diyana; 03-01-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #10  
Happy September

SHELLY....COULD IT BE SINUS/EAR RELATED? THE FIRST THING I THOUGHT OF WAS VERTIGO. BUT A DR'S OPINION IS ALWAYS A BETTER SHOT. IN THE MEANTIME YOU COULD TRY A SINUS PILL (one that has a "D" on it) OR SOME MUCINEX...SEE IF IT GOES AWAY. WHEN I HAD MENO, I NEVER FELT LIGHTHEADED UNLESS MY LOW BLOOD SUGAR WAS ACTING UP. SENDING A HUG ANYWAY.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:02 AM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Monday is here and it is March with Yummy margaritas at Mels....I will bring Jose'...19 days til spring!!

Yesterday was great at the nursing home. We had 9 people crowded in momma's room. SHe was beaming. 62 anniversary, I am really surprised she has hung on that long to celebrate. I made a pineapple upside down cake and took with to home. Everyone enjoyed it. I did not eat any as it looked too sweet.

Baby Boy Soldier got to call me again last night. He must be being a good boy. He got to talk 6 minutes last night. He said he receives so much mail from me that he had to do push ups for getting so much mail. I asked if I should quit sending so much, he said no way.

Bella bit the H*ll out of my hand yesterday when I TRIED to give her a bath. The entire top of my had is a mess. I am going to the doc this afternoon to get it looked at. I told DD I have had it with her and am putting her down. DD came over and got her. Hoping I will cool down.

I made the best guacamole' on Saturday. I meant to bring it into work but forgot. Will bring it tomorrow. Also made some delish pica. Sent the pica home with DD.

Well I have a blind date on March 13 with a friend of a friend of a friend. All friends are going, I will be meeting them at a restaurant. I think it sounds safe enough. I have seen his picture. He is 49, has DARK hair, no sausage fingers, not all that attractive, but hey, I am willing to give it a try. He has a job too! THat is the firstmost requirement these days.

Happy....Glad the new roof is done, lots quieter there now and the foot is feeling better. Taker er easy, not often we get to do that. What a weird dream, I have weird dreams when I am on pain killers.

Shad...somehow Aussie beer sounds way better than Japanese beer. It's all about alcohol here too.

MEL...Yum the margarita is just perfect and looks delish. Believe it or not I have been drinking Michlob Ultra beer lately.

Chelle...you get to exercising that fanny girl. Over indulging was NOT in the plan for this challenge. 214 is right around the corner. Do not miss the bus, my sista.

Hello's to all, cannot remember what was on the Feb site. Plus I need to get busy, as I am leaving for a doc appt this afternoon.

Love and hugs.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #12  
Annie - Indiana

oh and yes Chelle, it could be perimeno.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #13  
Creating a Healthier Me

Mel - I'll try and take a sinus pill when I get home. I don't have any here at work.

Annie - Sounds like a really nice get together in your momma's room. Too funny about your DS saying keep the letters coming even if it means pushups. When my ex-hubby was in the army, I sent him letters every day...and he told me back then he got the push up penalty. Sorry to hear about your hand. Is DD gonna keep Bella for awhile then? Hope your blind date on the 13th goes well. As for exercising...no worries...I'll get back to Zumba tonight. As for 214 being right around the corner...Not sure about that anymore. It may be a block or two away. I hope your doc appt goes well today. I've got fasting blood tests this Saturday and a doc appt next week...but if the dizziness doesn't go away, I may see the doc sooner.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #14  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle...my momma used to call me "dizzy dean", cause I am such a goof. Maybe you have some of my dizzy dean syndrome. Try drinking extra water, you may be a but dehydrated which could cause dizziness. Sometimes we don't even know we are dehydrated. Try that. Hugs to you my sista. xoxox
Old 03-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #15  
Creating a Healthier Me

Thanks, Annie! I thought you were gonna beat me with a for overindulging and being further away from 214 than I'd like. As for dehydration...it's definitely a possibility, but I've drank about 24 oz of water so far today...and plenty of water/Propel yesterday.
Closed Thread