Old 03-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/266.5/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Inconsiderate people

So, tonight at the gym, I was taking Kickboxing as is my usual Monday workout. There were so many of us in class that we had to share bags. So the guy that I was sharing with is also on his own journey to lose weight, so he's all gung ho about everything he does, which is great, except its not. He was not paying attention to anyone else in the class, least of all me. I had been in the middle of punching the bag, and he obviously wasn't paying attention to anything, because he hauled off and tackled the bag, and it swung back and hit me in my bad knee. He tried to apologize for it, but it hurt so bad that I was kinda pissed. It's like, in a full class, people need to pay attention so that nobody gets hurt. I had already mentioned to him that he needed to be more careful, and he was doing ok, but then that went out the window. So I guess my question is, what do I do about this? Not just for me, but for the other people in the class. He could have just as easily hit one of the other people around us (if I hadn't been the closest). Do I mention to him that although its great to be excited about class and wanting to get the best workout possible is a good thing, but that doesn't mean taking out the people around you? Do I not say anything and wait till someone else gets caught in the crosshairs with this kid? Advice? Similar situations?

BTW, the impact hurt really bad, and I thought that instead of putting myself at greater risk for another injury, I left the class. I had already done an hour long spin class, so I got about 90 minutes of good exercise today.
possiblesuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

You've already talked to him once so I'd go one step further and ask someone in charge at the gym to speak to him. Did the class instructor see this happen? Surely the instructor doesn't want a loose cannon in class and would be willing to speak to him.

And this probably should go without mentioning, but I wouldn't share a bag with this person again.

I hope you feel better soon.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, I'd let the instructor handle it.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Sorry about your knee.The instuctor seems to be asleep at the wheel. Maybe you should be sharing with someone with less testosterone...like another woman .
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:20 AM   #5  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

next time team up with him again and when he isn't paying attention smash him in the face and say oops i slipped.
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote