South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 03:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Titillating Tuesday!

Hola amigas(Hi friends)! I'm chugging along quite nicely. I have a job fair on 3/13 (Sat), hope it's successful. I'm still on Phase 1.5 and will probably be on it for a long time. How are you chicks doing?
Old 03-09-2010, 05:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, FO. I see we have another awkward sleeper! Good luck at your job fair!

Hello to everyone else. Things have been quite chaotic here. DH's birthday was Sunday, so I was cleaning and cooking to get ready for all of that. Then I got sick and couldn't enjoy anything. Dinner was nice, but I felt awful through it, and after everyone ate, I confined myself to my room for the night. I've been feeling pretty rough since then with a sinus infection and now I have diarrhea. Isn't that just lovely?!

Needless to say, I'm a bit off track on my eating and exercising, but I'm bound and determined to get back to it as soon as everything passes.

I hope everyone else is well. I need to get caught up!!
Old 03-09-2010, 05:52 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm on my first cup of coffee so the typing is a little slow (have to keep correcting typos!)

Okie - good luck with the job fair. It's a hard time to find work.

Kim - Isn't this the middle of the night for you? Hope today is a better day for you.

Cottage - I know you are out there somewhere Were you able to get out and enjoy the sunshine yesterday?

It's a slightly odd day for me. I have a 6pm meeting so will go in a little late. I'm going to get a workout done this morning and a walk this afternoon.

How is your Tuesday shaping up?

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-09-2010 at 05:52 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Thanks for starting us today, Okie. It's nice to hear you are still chugging along. I'll send you good vibes for the job fair on Saturday!

Kim, I had to double check to make sure it was you who was posting so early today! I'm sorry you are sick, and hope you start feeling better soon! Are you taking today off work, too, so you can rest?

I'm sipping my coffee and thinking about my day ahead. I stayed late at Cindy's yesterday, and am staying late again tonight, so I don't have to go over until around noon. I think I'll do some straightening up and some dusting, although I'm not sure where to start. I'm trying to find places to store all the stuff that's been brought up from the basement where they'll be out of the way. The kitchen floor needs a good scrubbing, too, since the guys have been tracking back and forth across it with wet shoes. The concrete floor in the basement is just about all dry now, so at least that will cut down on the mess. I found out yesterday that our homeowner's insurance will not cover this, since it's classified as "excessive ground water seepage", and will be hard to prove that it was specifically caused by the failure of our sump pump. This is the very first time we've ever had water in the basement since we built our house in 1985! Oh, well, you can't argue with your insurance company or they'll drop you. We're in "good hands", alright.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:12 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Hi Okie, good luck at the job fair!
Kim, I hope you're feeling better soon.
Cyndi, there's not a bit of snow left here in Portland - what's it looking like where you are? We've still got snow at home - and mud - lots of mud.
Oh Cottage, I just saw your post. I'm so sorry about the insurance company. That seems so unfair!

I'm checking in from the motel in Portland.
The wi fi is working this visit - sorry I doubted them. lol We had a nice evening but a quiet one, we spent most of it in the motel room watching TV. We had a great dinner at Bugaboo Creek, (I had grilled salmon and steamed veggies - very yummy) and then a short walk and that was it.

This is my "long" day - made a little bit longer by the fact I'm starting it off in Portland this morning. lol I'll drop the dog off at home on my way through to school and pick up my lunch and snacks. I've got my class this evening too, so it will be a long day for the pup but she's a good girl. She'll manage.

Enjoy your Tuesday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-09-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:16 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi, Okie. Thanks for getting us started! Like Cyndi, I'll keep my fingers crossed for your job fair. The positive side is that until you find your job, you have a perfect opportunity to focus on your weight loss!

Kim, I hope you start feeling better soon!

Cyndi, I like all my meetings early. I'd rather be doing other things by that time of day. Oh well!

Cottage, yuck, sorry to hear insurance isn't going to cooperate...I was just in our new high school, and they have some really great ways of making concrete floors look really stylish. Is there a way that this won't happen again?

Heidi, safe travels!

Me, I've gotten some chores done, including brushing Rudi. I'm going to go back to bed for awhile, head towards the pool for water aerobics, then go ski with my GF this afternoon. We had a huge rockslide in the canyon about 10 m from our house around midnight Sun nite. I-70 is closed indefinitely, so I'm so glad we got through before necessitating a 250 m detour. It was so fortunate that it happened at night without all the traffic. BTW-Karen, I'll keep you posted, since all traffic is being routed through Steamboat right now. What day did you plan to leave Denver?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-09-2010, 06:19 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!

FoodOb, good luck at the job fair. What kind of work are you looking for?
Kim - I was sick last week too. It really threw me off both physically and mentally. There's nothing worse than intestional issues.
Cyndi/Heidi - good morning!
Cottage - are you sure it is not covered? How can that be, unless you live in a flood plain? I know you don't want to be dropped, but I'd question your agent a little bit more.

As for me, I was on plan yesterday and I feel great today. Just another lesson to get right back on the saddle.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

Morning
Okie - job fairs are great but can be scary so i'm sending you good interview skills and the confidence to speak to everyone.

Kim, it stinks to be sick. I hope you feel better. I get at least one sinus infection a year, this year i had one for 3 months. Feel better soon!

Cyndi, have a good meeting. If your meeting starts at 6, what time will you get home?

Cottage, sorry to hear that you're dealing with an insurance company that's not being cooperative, hope it works out.

Heidi, glad the wifi is working where you are. We have a workshop at school today with the author of [U]On Solid Ground[U]. Ever read it? She's very popular in our area. Talks all about guided reading and shared reading. They like to bring it people for our professional development.

Debbie, I envy your day. I would love to go back to bed then go swimming. I'm not a skiier though. I went once and spent the entire time on my backside while 4 year olds flew up and down the mountain.

MMc - I know how you feel. I've been on plan every day this week and my body feels great. Wish i could remember that when i'm hit with temptation.

It should be a slowish day. I have professional development from 8 to 9:40 so that's not teaching time. Someone else is covering my afterschool tonight so I have time to do an hour long workout and cook dinner for tomorrow - Mixed up casserole. The only thing i'm concerned about is i'm planning on discussing living issues with my roommate. She's a friend from high school and it was fine til her bf moved in 5 months ago. Touchy subject. Gonna tell her tonight that i'm not planning on renewing my lease and asking if he'll be gone anytime soon....
Old 03-09-2010, 06:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, I did make time to get outside and enjoy the sunshine yesterday afternoon. It felt great, and the air even holds a bit of Spring in it. Do you feel it?

Heidi, have a safe drive this morning, and I hope your day flies by!

Debbie, that rock slide sounds scary! It is a very good thing that it happened at night when traffic was very light! Enjoy your afternoon of skiing!

Mmc, I'm glad you're back on track and feeling good! We had a long discussion with our agent, and he sympathizes with us, but there's nothing he can do since we don't have flood insurance. He said a lot of homeowners who've never experienced water problems before are finding water in their basements this year because of all the snow we've had, along with a very wet summer and fall, too. At least we didn't lose any of our personal items, it was just structural. It could have been much worse.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:44 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good title. Okie. I hope the job fair gives you some leads.

Kim! Back to bed for the day, young lady. You sound really sick.

Cyndi, we should be able to mainline that first cup. IMHO. I have to stop to keep petting dogs.

Cottage, bummer about the insurance. Maybe you'd like to put stuff in my barn?

Heidi, so this was just an evening date in Portland? Sounds enjoyable anyhow.

Debbie, that was a close one! I'm glad you made it home before the slide.

Mmck, I was right on plan yesterday and know how good it feels.

The darling doggage are now outside enjoying the spring smells. There's just a bit of mud at the end of the yard and they have to come through snow to get back on the deck so no muddy paws yet. Jazz badly needs a haircut but that isn't going to happen before I leave for FL, I'm afraid. Holly is off on her own holiday!

If the deck is dry today, I'll finally get it swept and maybe get the front porch back in order. The "new" diningroom chairs still need lots of work but are looking good. The table is still in pieces but that'll happen. It's a good thing Book Club is meeting at Joanne's place tonight.

Have a great Tuesday,
Old 03-09-2010, 06:59 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Okie, good luck at your job fair! Do you need to do anything to prepare?

Kim, I'm sorry you're feeling so yucky! I hope it passes soon.

Cyndi, hope the meeting goes well tonight and that you enjoy your extra time at home this morning!

Linda, I'm so sorry that the insurance company isn't cooperating. I wish I had helpful advice, but we've always rented. Good luck figuring everything out!

Heidi, be safe with your drive. Good thinking packing that lunch and those snacks ahead of time!!!

Debbie, I heard about that rockslide. Nature has amazing power. I'm glad it doesn't make your travels any more difficult for the time being!

Mmckellen, glad to hear you're feeling back in control!

Lauren, good luck with the roommate chat. I hope she's understanding.

Ruth, when do you leave on your trip? I'm jealous! We've got snow in the forecast through the weekend and I would like some warm temperatures, please!

I just got back from what might have been the best yoga class ever. I feel so centered and relaxed. It was just what I needed! I've got two loads of laundry that need to be folded and put away but after that my chores are done for the day. The bathroom is already cleaned and I swept the entry and "shoe room". Connor should be home momentarily and then it's on to homework and homeschool lessons before we get the girls and head off to their ballet and then Connor's martial arts and then my ballet class. I have eggs boiling to make them egg salad sandwiches for dinner and the DVD player is charged so they can watch a movie. I think I'll make them ravioli for lunch so their bellies are full and happy for the afternoon. I'm having salad. Yum!

Better get that laundry done. Happy Tuesdaying!
Old 03-09-2010, 07:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I just have to bring resumes/list of references, Kara. I am looking for a teaching job. They said certification is not needed, so we'll see. Thanks for all your words of encouragement!
Old 03-09-2010, 07:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Okie - Hola! Como esta usted? (That is about my limit to Spanish.)

Kim - I hope you feel better soon.

Cyndi - Enjoy your walk. Are you having mild weather?

Linda - Our last flood was not covered either, same reason. The water just came up from the ground all over. But if the sump failed we would have been since we added that for extra money, which frustrates us to pay but we do it anyways. To many sumps fail out here. Sigh.

Heidi - Glad you had a nice evening with a wi fi bonus. Happy long Tuesday.

Debbie - Yikes! I remember last year when a guy from here was driving home from skiing and a rock struck the car and killed him! We will be leaving Denver Sunday. Thanks for the info. Have fun skiing today.

Mmc - Most insurance companies, in my experience, don't cover certain key things, probably because they would not make as much money! Glad you are back in the saddle.

MJ - Ooh, good luck with the conversation.

Ruth - I am not good with furniture and admire people who can do things with their hands. Are the chairs just wood or is the fabric too?

Kara - I love how relaxed I feel right after yoga. Wish it lasted longer. I hate cleaning bathrooms! Enjoy the rest of your day.

It rained last night and again today so DH and I are hoping it is a lot and we will know if our own basement water problems are finally fixed. I still have not found time to watch the Oscars - where do my days go? More food prep for my trip today (beans in crockpot and veggies will soon be on dehydrator).

Have a great day all
Old 03-09-2010, 09:19 AM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Sneaking in! Cyn & Debbie I have enough "junk in my trunk" I'll leave the caulking for windows!
FO Good Luck at the job fair!
Kim Feel better that is the worst!
Cyn my typing is non existent till coffee you're better than me!
Cottage insurance stinks!
Heidi SOunds fun!!
Debbie I heard about that on NPR hopefully no one was hurt! they said there was a 200 mile detour!
MJ good luck with the roomate adding a bf to the mix is always tricky!
Hi Ruth
Kara I really want to try yoga!
Karen I hope you get to watch your show. . .I watched some of the preshow great clothes!
Me:
On track today had some flax hot cereal and trying to get into the work swing
I ended up takign a full muscle relaxer last night b/c out of the blue my ongoing fibro flare went crazy and I couldnt move Yesterday was stressful. So I'm in a little fog but I'll get moving!
Have a great day bbl!
Kierie
Old 03-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello, chicks.
I am dragging today. I've gotten a call at 2:15AM the last two nights. It's an unlisted number. The first night I though it was a mistake, but I'm going to call the phone company today. I get VERY cranky when I don't sleep. I got my hur did last night, so I look like less of an old lady, but my stylist was very chatty, so it took forever and I didn't get home until bedtime. So, I skipped dinner and just drank a glass of milk and went to bed. Have had some good on-plan days lately, though and even exercising pretty well. I think I'll take a walk at lunchtime today and enjoy the almost springlike weather. It looks so nice out, I keep throwing the windows open, then have to close them again because it's still too cold for that.
Looks like I am headed for FL next week after all. They waited so long to give me the go-ahead that all the govt rate rooms at the nice fancy Hilton where everyone else is staying are gone, and I'll be at the crappy Comfort Inn across the street. Story of my life!

Kierie, I hope your flare settles down real soon. Thanks for mentioning flax. I forgot I had some and I think I'll make myself a nice flax muffin.
Karen, hope you stay dry!
Sounds like a good day, Kara. Yoga is wonderful.
Ruth, when do you leave for your trip? Maybe I'll see you down there!
Maryjane, that is probably the number one roommate issue. I ski on my butt too!
Hi Mmc, have a great day!
Debbie, glad you got through before the rock slide. Was anyone hurt? Scary stuff!
Heidi, Hope your long day is a good one.
cottage, what a mess! My basement has stayed dry so far (knock on wood). I've been worried because we always get seepage when the ground gets saturated. I think it just comes up through the dirt floor. But I've got two dehumidifiers and three fans running down there, and so far so good.
Enjoy your late morning, Cyndi.
Kim, hope you feel better soon. What a shame you didn't get to enjoy your own party!
Okie, I wish you luck at your job fair!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 03-09-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Closed Thread