Old 03-08-2010, 08:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountibility, menu, exercise, chit chat, support - Week of March 8

Do you need a place to put your daily plan, say what your exercise will be, chat, or get support - then this is the place. Please join it.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:13 AM   #2  

Hi Chicks - yesterday was a good healthy food day. I am so grateful. I took some strong muscle relaxing drugs to help the lower back spasm go away. It did help. It need to be alot better tomorrow because I need to do two programs. This is a school where we've rescheduled two times this year (when I was so, so sick with the flu and two snow days) I can't cancel unless I am in really really bad shape. I have a friend who is coming along to help.

today
gentle stretches and gentle exercises - no bending, lifting, twisting
ice/heat
lots of water
fork down between bites, eat only when seated, no seconds
mindful, slow, tasting food eating
leave a bite on plate (I don't want food to 'own' me)

breakfast - turkey, cheese & lite mayo wrap, clementine
lunch - Italian veggie and chicpea stew, parm cheese, garlic toast
snack - cereal, fruit, milk
dinner - grilled salmon, sweet potato, salad, evoo & balsomic vinegar.
snack = fiber bar, rice cake with laughing cow cheese.

Have a great day.!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-08-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #3  

Hey Chicas,

I'm feeling back to my old self again! I ate and drank like it was my job this weekend. I'm up 3 lbs on the scale. I'm surprisingly okay with it. I think I just needed to splurge. I'm back on track today. I walked this morning and my meals are planned for the week.

I think I'm definitely leaning toward taking this job in Florida. They're flying me down for Easter weekend. If I like it we'll talk money and if the price is right I'll say yes. I'm excited about it.

Food for the day:
Morning
6 oz Strawberry nonfat 3
1 serving(s) Peanut Butter Cliff Bar 5

Midday
1 pouch(es) 100 Calorie Packs Honey maid cinnamon roll thin crisps 2
1 bar(s) 100 Calorie Packs Chips ahoy 2
Chef Salad 1-31-10 7

Evening
Turkey Fajitas 6

Snacks/Desserts
3 serving(s) kettle corn sml bag 5.5
1 large apple(s) 2

Have a good day!
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Back to Monday. I lost part of the weight I had put on last week, so that was good. Need to remain focused. I probably would have done better if I would have been a little more diligent on Sunday. It was my husband's birthday and I made a nice big meal for him. Should have watched what I ate, though!

Beverly: I hope your back gives you a chance to do the program!!

soulnik: Had to come back and edit so that I can say hi, and glad you are feeling better!

Have a good week everyone.

Last edited by Slashnl; 03-08-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good morning everyone!

I'm feeling pretty darn great right now. I just got back from Weight Watchers and lost 4.2 pounds this week which puts me over my next mini-goal (10% lost). I'm giving myself today to be ridiculously proud of myself and then get back super-duper focused tomorrow. I'm glad I pushed through during TOM and didn't let the fatigue/pain set me back.

Beverlyjoy - I'm SO GLAD that you are feeling a bit better! I hope you get to feeling even better very soon! Hang in there

Soulnik - Yay! You're back! I'm so excited that you are back and ready to roll It makes me happy.

slash - Congrats for losing some of the gained weight! Sometimes you just need to celebrate a bit! I'm glad you're back and focused

Today:
b - banana, cereal, coconut milk - 6
l - quinoa salad wrap - 7
s - orange - 1
d - chicken tortas - 8

Exercise: Walked to WW
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:15 AM   #6  

Hi chicks - yesterday was a healthy on plan day....I am grateful. I was able to do some gentle stretches and some strengthening to help my back feel better. I am feeling hopeful that I am on my way to feeling better.

I have two programs today - I was suppose to have a friend come along to observe and also help me off load my things. She has a job intervews, so I must ask for help from the school. This is not easy to do..but, essential - especially with my sore back.

today
gentle stretches and strengthening
ice and heat for my pieces and parts
fork down between bites
eat seated
no seconds
remind myself why
slow mindful eating
feel fullness
plan and log food
lots of water

breakfast - turkey and mayo sandwhich, blueberries
snack = 1/2 banana
lunch - peanut butter and honey sandwich, 2 clementine
snack - cereal, milk
dinner - HC french bread pizza, big tossed salad, evoo, vinegar
snack - fiber bar

brandijune - hooray for being four pounds down and reaching your 10% goal. No wonder you feel energized!!

slash - kudo's for knocking off 1/2 of the weight you recently put on. Carry on!

soulnic - it's good to hear like you're feelling like you old self and inspired to move forward with your plan. It's exciting about the job - good luck. Whether you take this job or not...it's really nice to be asked and flown down for an interrview.

Shout out to everyone who stops by!!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-09-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:13 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Yesterday was a GREAT POP day!
today will be also..It has to be!! Its not a choice now its a MUST!!
breakfast- cottage cheese with cherrios and blueberries, sounds gross but so yummy and stays with me till lunch
lunch- chickensalad sandwich on a thinbun and veggie sticks
dinner- veggies and baked fish
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #8  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I had yesterday off from work, although it certainly did NOT feel like it....random (stupid) calls at home...whatever. Plus hubby was sick, oh well, vacation is coming soon. We don't have any real plans which is fine. I need to do some spring cleaning, which I plan on starting this weekend.

I am going to the gym tonight--time to kick it up a notch. Tomorrow is a zumba class w some friends...should be interesting! LOL!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:35 AM   #9  

Hey Chicas,

I’m really tired today. My morning walk was in my target heart rate (I got a heart rate monitor) but just barely. I’m still in a good mood though. Food was good yesterday.

I’ve been talking to an old boyfriend. Wait. THE old boyfriend. You know that one who you thought would be THE one? It’s been friendly text messaging which I initiated after not talking to him for three years. I’d cut him out of my life and refused to speak to him. It’s been...nice and I’ve felt relieved to talk to him. I just have to monitor my thoughts so I don’t go expecting things to happen between us. I think I just missed having him in my life because I also considered him a good friend. We’ll have to see.

@brandijune44 – Congrats on meeting your 10%! Celebrate you!

@Beverlyjoy – I’m sorry you have to ask for help but glad there are people there to help you. Hope the stretching starts to help.

@dgramie – I like that: It’s not a choice, it’s a must!
@mj5 – I love a no plan vacation! And Zumba is soooooo much fun. Enjoy!
Here’s the food for the day:
Morning
6 oz Strawberry nonfat 3
1 serving(s) Peanut Butter Cliff Bar 5

Midday
1 pouch(es) 100 Calorie Packs Lorna doone shortbread cookie crisps 2
Chef Salad 1-31-10 7

Evening
lean cuisine - Quick-added food 6
pretzels - Quick-added food 2

Anytime
3 serving(s) kettle corn sml bag 5.5
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:45 AM   #10  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

morning!

Br: cheerios/banana/1% milk, coffee
**forgot my lunch*** was a yummo sammich, now what am i gonna have?
I have emergency veg soup in a tin! and a granola bar, that's pretty sad LOL

din: take-out greek food, gorgeous grilled chicken souvlaki and salad

not a very well-thought out day!!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Hey chickies!

Yesterday was a good day. I was so excited about getting to my 10% goal that I was slightly nervous that I would completely go overboard and "treat myself." I'm happy to report that I remained in control and stuck to my plan.

It's hard to find a balance for myself along the journey when I reach goals. I certainly don't want to forget to be proud of myself and my accomplishments...but it almost scares me to death because I feel like I will slip. I'm hoping this gets easier along the way

beverlyjoy - I'm SO GLAD that you are able to get some help! Take it easy and I hope you are back to feeling better SOON!

soulnik - WOW! I really admire your strength for inviting THE boyfriend back in your life! I hope that brings some peace. CONGRATS on the job offer too! That is so exciting! It's funny...I had an immediate "oh no...she's moving away!" reaction, but then I remembered that you will probably have internet access in Florida too

dgramie - I like that! I'm going to post that saying on my desk for inspiration when I feel whiny...

mj - Have fun at Zumba! Hope hubby is feeling better soon!

Today:
b - apple, cereal, coconut milk - 5
s - yogurt, granola, walnuts, banana - 8
l - quinoa salad wrap - 5
s - orange - 1
d - ravioli, pesto, salad, breadstick, wine - 12

Exercise: 60 minute cardio at gym

Have a great OP day everyone!!!

Last edited by brandijune44; 03-09-2010 at 11:19 AM.
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #12  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. I went to spin class today. It was good except that the instructor's microphone wasn't working and there were two young women in there that felt the need to talk through the workout. It was tough to hear what to do. Ticked me off. Evidently it ticked off the instructor because one time she said to move your legs, not your jaw. And then, when it didn't stop, she was going around the room and telling them to work harder. Ha!

Struggling with food at night. I do great during the day, but then have too many temptations at night. But, no excuses. It's up to me to be more disciplined. So, that's my goal.

Brandi - I understand your concern. You want to get to goal, but you don't want to relax too much and lose momentum! Hang in there!

Trazey - Sometimes we plan well and other times, we just survive, I guess!

Soulnik - Glad you got in touch with the old bf. I think that life is too short to stay distanced from someone because of past problems, so you were right in breaking the ice and getting back in touch. But, you're also smart to guard your heart! Good luck!

MJ - Have fun at Zumba. I'd like to try it, but they only have it at the gym right after work. I can't get there then. Tell us about it!

dgramie - Looks like a good menu to me!

Beverly - Glad you're feeling better. Be careful, though, and don't do too much!

Have a great day everyone.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:22 AM   #13  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

Diane--That's funny that the instructor let them have it! Yea, I have always wanted to try zumba...I am going w a friend to a "spa" that she belongs to...a little nervous about that part, but whatever...the only bad part is that it isn't until 6:30 tonight....oh well...I'll let you know how it goes!

I had a GREAT workout at the gym last night. It felt SO good! I thought about pushing a little more, but w/ the class today, I didn't want to do anything that might hurt my knee. So far, my knee feels ok today.

Have a great day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:22 AM   #14  

Hi chicks! My plan took some twists and turns in the evening last night - but, I stayed in my calorie range. I am grateful! I did my programming yesterday and they went very well. Folks were very helpful with getting my 'gear' inside. Today I'll go back to the school and do one more program. My back is slowly improving every day - yay.

This morning I weighed and I am down one more pound!!! Four sticks of butter are gone. I reached my mini goal of 219 - so I got to change that to 214.

today
fork down between bites
leave a bite on the plate
eat when seated only
no seconds
mindful/slow eating
stretches and strengthening
remind my self that the desire to eat usually isn't an emergency
lots of water

breakfast - cinn. English Muffin, almond butter, blueberries
lunch - turkey and cheese wrap with lite mayo, salad with evoo and balsamic vinegar
snack - fiber bar, yogurt
dinner - chicken noodle soup, pnb toast, brocolli
snack - rice cakes with laughing cow cheese, clementine

I'll try and get back to personals later. I need to get going.

I hope everyone is having a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-10-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:49 AM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

Im having IBS and colon issues again...so no fiber for me.
I have to eat soft bland foods for a few days and no dairy.
so today will be oatmeal
lunch greenbeans and boiled potatoes all overcooked and a grilled fish fillet
dinner...greenbeans and boiled potatoes and ?? maybe fish again.
I am going to try and not let this derail me.Its no fun but an issue that I have to deal with often.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote