Old 03-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/185/120

Height: 5'3

Default Close Call

So I have been getting very frustrated lately because the scale is just not moving and it has been 3 weeks. I am really trying to hang in there. I'm still staying on plan to the t and exercising regularly. I have tried the suggested plateau breakers that were suggested on here (if thats what it is)....anyways....I almost broke. I was in my favorite pizza buffets parking lot ready to go in and eat many pieces of pizza and drink many glasses of coke and completely give up....

But I didn't, something inside me wouldn't let me. Problem is, I don't know if I will make it the next time.

I have been working so hard and staying on plan and haven't seen any pay offs in a while. How do you keep yourself going in that situation? How do you keep yourself from giving up?
HomeHealthRN29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #2  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Good for you! Seriously. That takes so much will power…especially once you’ve already got your mind set to go crazy and you’re THERE. Awesome job.

I think every time like that is a battle. It might not get any easier, but we develop that inner script…the things we remind ourselves of or think to keep us on track. I still have moments like that and don’t expect them to fade away. I just always remind myself of something coming up soon that I want to look good for.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #3  

Thanks =) I will try that.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

I'd have to say you've already seen some changes! That is a huge accomplishment! Weight loss is only one part of good eating. You not only avoided weight gain, you avoided the negative health effects of the pizza! Plus, after so long of staying on plan, it might really mess with your belly! Congrats on a job well done!!
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Keep going!!! Your doing so great! I had a plateau for 8 months!! 8 freaking months and finally busted through it! So just keep your head held high!
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #6  

Oh goodness, 8 months! your amazing. I will never make it if it lasts that long. I am just calorie counting....1200-1500 per day alternating so my body doesn't get into a routine. I am counting accurately...I even have had my thyroid checked. I even change up my exercise routine often too. Who knows.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

lol. I had no choice. no matter what I did or didn't do....I tried EVERYTHING, mind you, I had lost 85lbs prior so I think my body was just asking for a break!
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #8  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

How much are you exercising? Maybe your cals are too low. I stalled for a while and then when I uped my cals to 1400-1650 (zig zagging) they weight has been flying off (4lbs the first week, 1 lb the next (TOM) and 3 lbs so far this week). My tickers seems to not be working but my weight right now is 173 (for comparsion). Our metabolism starts to slow down when we spend too much time at a low calorie level and sometimes it just needs a boost in way of extra exercise, increased cals for a day or two, or just tweaking in general.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 310/see ticker/150

Height: 5 6'

I know it is tough when you hit a wall ,but you have lost 25 pounds think how much weight that is. . you cant think about your weight loss as a sprint . I did not gain 150 pounds in one year and we all know how much easier it is to gain then to lose. I promise you if you keep counting your calories and working out it will come off .I am about 95 pounds down now with 50 more to go. I know you can do it and congrats on skipping the pizza
bumbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 289.5/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

I actually posted last week because I was at a stall for 3 weeks. I tweaked things up last Wednesday and I am down 3lbs! I added more veggies/fruits and actually increased my calories from 1500 to 1650. I feel better too. Anyhow, don't give up. I just keep telling myself that even if the scale isn't moving I am healthier. I am working out and eating better foods.

Good luck to you!
FromFat2Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #11  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I think it is AMAZING that you didn't go get the pizza buffet and you were there. I can't even imagine being at the restaurant and not going in for something. I may have controlled myself on the portion but not going in...girl that is MAJOR!! Especially since it was a place you favor. If for no other reason you have a place to say I can do this if I did that!!

As for the progress, I promise you have made some progress. Have you taken any measurements? Maybe you've lost inches. Think about where you may be if you weren't working out and eating on plan. There is progress maybe not on the scale but you probably have lots of Non Scale Victories. Those are just as if not more important than the scale victories. Keep your focus. You will make it and see a loss on the scale.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Be very careful at this stage. I hit a stall back several years ago when I lost a ton of weight. I got down to 155-160 and couldn't get the scale to move. Slowly I sort of gave up and slowly gained most of my weight back. I'm now struggling to get back down.

Focus on what you have accomplished so far and don't think about how far you need to go. Always keep in the front of your mind that 25 pounds lost is wonderful, it's a big bag of cat litter full. It's 7 cans of Crisco!

And then do what everyone else says because you don't want to do what I did.

Sarah in MD
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #13  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeHealthRN29 View Post
How do you keep yourself from giving up?
This is the most essential question to my journey. The last time I did this it was too hard so I quit. I wasn't losing at a rate that matched my effort and I got ticked off! This time around, I've worked hard to keep everything within a sustainable range. I seem to be in a sweet-spot with my calories as far as appetite goes and I routinely remind myself to keep the exercise simple. There is no need to quit this time. Even if I plateau for a year (God forbid) there's no need to quit because this isn't hard.

I have given myself one year to see where I am no matter what happens.

Last edited by Eliana; 03-08-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #14  

I don't know if this will help you, but when I started my diet, I didn't lose for the first three weeks at all! Then I cut back on sodium, upped my water, and dropped diet soda. Same exercise, Same calories, and 2 weeks later I'm 9 pounds lighter!
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #15  

Thank you everyone for the great advice.