Old 03-05-2010, 01:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default Did anybody watch the "skinny" girls on the black team kick butt?

Watched Biggest Loser this week with a patient and it was very interesting. Big guy got to pick the teams (I'm not sure why - hard to watch a whole show on the mental health unit without strange interruptions) and he put all the big guys on one team and all of the "skinny" girls on the other team so his big guy team could kick butt. Except they didn't. The girls won. I'm not sure, but I think they stay on these teams from now on, so how funny if they keep winning!?! I'm not sure I'll watch it again (tv just isn't a priority for me) but if I do, I'm cheering for those chics!

And the trainer - Jill - thought it was crap the girls were on one team and it was her team. Have a little faith, lady! Jeez, she threw a fit. Not very impressive at all. If I was on that team I would have asked for a trainer with a better attitude. Someone with a little faith, ya know?
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Hmm I have been recording my BL shows but I haven't been able to watch and catch up since Olympic week. I will have to do that today and then return back. Jillian is very competative, she probably thought the same thing the guys did when making those teams. However, her competativeness probably helped the girls win. I bet she worked them extra hard just to prove a point.

hmm I'll watch and get back with you!
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:39 AM   #3  

I watched the show, and thought it was BS. You have to move forward, and do your best. I was so proud of Jillians team!!!
JackiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I watched it too. I think that the reason Jillian was mad though was that Michael (the big guy who picked the teams) chose such hugely unfair teams. She was mad at his very extreme way of making sure that he would win because it made it so difficult for the "smaller" team. They all did a good job of kicking butt though!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I guess I'll be the odd person out, I like Michael and I think that he did the right thing in picking the team he thought would be the strongest. Yes, it didn't work out exactly as planned, but wasn't the point of the challenge to win and have the power to pick the team he thought would do the best? Otherwise, they should have just all tossed a coin or something.

But there is always so much producer manipulation - like I bet they have fewer heavy duty physical challenges for immunity now, because they know the blue team would win most of those. I think they like to purposely set things up so that underdogs win and/or no one team really dominates too much.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Yeah, Michael was a bit of a jerk in his choices. I thought it was funny he lost.

I had a really hard time watching the temptation challenge! I can't imagine eating like that! They've been off crappy food now for quite some time. That had to make them absolutely ill. What was the point? Entertainment for us? Let's watch the fat people eat?? I don't get it, but it disgusts me.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

I missed the eating part - just heard the girl saying she had to eat a bunch of calories. I guess I don't get why it's such a huge advantage since it's all based on percentage. 2% is 2% no matter how many pounds it is. And honestly, guys might lose big numbers but women are DETERMINED in my experience.

Now the challenge part I get. Moving those signs up the building was obviously easier for the team with the most body weight to use against the pulley system. That part seems unfair.
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #8  
Calorie counter

I think that's where the unfairness comes in. The men on the blue team are fierce competitors, as is Sam (now black team). The black team IS going to win all the competitions now. The women are just going to have to work harder in the gym. I say "just"...I don't mean "just". LOL!
Old 03-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #9  

I think the food challenge backfired because so few people did it- I'm sure they never expected only 2 people out of 13!

It would have still been nasty anyway, but with more people, each person would have eating just a few items and it wouldn't have been nearly as bad as the Michael and Andrea having to stuff their faces the way they did. I'm sure both of them walked outside the room and puked afterwards!

As for whether it's "unfair" that the blue team has all the big guys who can win physical challenges, I think that they shouldn't have had a challenge where someone had the power to pick the teams like that. But since they did, I don't see anything wrong with the winner of that challenge using the power to what he thought would be his own advantage.

But as I posted before, I think the producers will play a big role anyway, and I expect that we will see fewer challenges based on sheer physical strength now.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #10  
Calorie counter

I kept wondering what they'd have done with me had I had to eat that PB&J! I can't stand peanut butter anywhere near bread or jelly. It's a weird thing I've always had. I could not have eaten it. The donuts, Reese's Cup, soft pretzel...no problem! But that PB&J? No way...I kept thinking as I watched, imagining myself begging to eat something else of equal calorie content.

Last edited by Eliana; 03-05-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
I kept wondering what they'd have done with me had I had to eat that PB&J! I can't stand peanut butter anywhere near bread or jelly. It's a weird thing I've always had. I could not have eaten it. The donuts, Reese's Cup, soft pretzel...no problem! But that PB&J? No way...I kept thinking as I watched, imagining myself begging to eat something else of equal calorie content.

haha, I had the same exact thoughts (I even posted that elsewhere on a non-3fc board!). I don't do peanut butter, at all! So I wouldn't have even been able to eat the Reeses cup. I'm not allergic, but I can't imagine they would make someone eat food that they despise? I hope not!
Old 03-05-2010, 11:56 AM   #12  
Calorie counter

Oh, that's what I'd have done! I'd have claimed a false allergy!! LOL! I'm weirder than you. I DO like peanut butter, and I like jelly and I like bread! But I do not like any of them in any kind of combination.

Last edited by Eliana; 03-05-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I think the food factor wasn't for entertainment, it was to ask them what do you want more - health and healthy food, or to play the game. You have to weigh just how much your health and this journey is worth to you. Is it worth taking a chance on eating all that crap to win immunity etc...

I watched it and I don't think Jillian was upset about what she "got stuck with", I think she was seriously upset at the unfair way the teams were stacked just for an individuals chance to win.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:37 PM   #14  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I think the issue with the lower-weight people is that it's just harder to lose 2% of your body weight when you only have 50 pounds to lose (as opposed to when you have 200 pounds of excess fat).

My weight loss percentage has slowed considerably- I would often lose 4-5 pounds a week when I weighed 220-240 (about 2% weight loss) but now I'm at about 1.5-2 pounds a week at 195-190 (about 1% weight loss)...and my goal is probably 160.

I think the mathematical fallacy is that they don't calculate the percentage of remaining body fat lost. This would be the essential key when comparing a competitor like Miggy and one like Michael...as the weeks progress, he just has an endless well of pounds left to lose, everyone else will end up toning and bulking up muscle.
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #15  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Oh, and if I were on Michael's team, the next time we had a vote, I'd vote him off.
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote