South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 04:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Transforming Tuesday

Hey folks! I'm plugging away at those weight loss numbers! I went to sleep at 7pm, and woke up at 3:45, lol. Hope your day is going well. SBD has been a godsend for me!
Old 03-02-2010, 05:17 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi, Okie. Thanks for starting us up on this Transforming Tuesday. February was frustrating, and I'm glad it's March. I know one of the keys to my success is regular exercise. I got on my bike and rode 5.8 m yesterday and signed up on the March exercise thread.

Just a quick hi this AM, we're packing the car to head over the passes. Quick stop there, then I'm headed into Denver.

See ya'll later.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-02-2010, 05:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Okie - wow...you keep an early morning schedule. Glad the numbers are going down for you!

Lexiss - did you enjoy your bike ride? I bet it is beeee-uteeful!!

Me - I SO do not want to be up right now. Yesterday's run felt so good, I'm sure I just need to wake up.

My black bean soup was fantastic yesterday! I was pleasantly surprised to find at my alpha class at church (mondays are normally b-a-d, since they almost always make pasta) that she made a taco bar, so I had taco salad. Too bad that was on the menu for our house tonight too!

Whoooa...just took a sip....that's some STRONG coffee! WHOPPEE!
Old 03-02-2010, 05:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Okie, you certainly keep a crazy schedule! I'm glad you are still plugging away.

Debbie, have a safe trip over the mountain! That's an impressive run on your bike. I ride mine at a steady pace for 15 - 20 minutes, but I should really check to see how far I go.

Twynn, I'll share your coffee if you're not drinking it. I love my coffee strong and hot in the morning. Glad you were able to stay OP at church and enjoy the meal!

Not much happening here today, just a normal, quiet Tuesday. Thank goodness the storm that was supposed to hit us tonight is going to be a relatively minor event, and we may even get just rain out of it.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:12 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Well the one thing that could make this day even more fun happened - less than 4 hours sleep last night. At least I know I'll be calm

Okie - Did you start the dancing? I can't wait to hear if that works for you.

Debbie - Have a safe and pleasant drive. you are getting me so excited for bike riding season. I've been checking out the bus around here and wondering if I can bus part way and ride part way and just how sweaty that would make me

Twynn - Morning motivation is not my strong card but I love starting my day with exercise once it's over. What black bean soup did you make?

Cottage - Rain here too. It's messy but the snow is melting away. Have a good normal day

Kari - It's great to see you back! Congratulations on the smoking. That's a huge accomplishment and will make a big difference in the way you feel.

Not much happening here. Retreat all day then a work related cal at 7. I really hope something positive comes out of this day. If the agency is really going to close it would be helpful if we could all be on the same team through the process. Well at least there will be yummy mushroom barley soup, mixed berry mock coffee cake, and chick pea crunchies And plenty of dark coffee, it's the one thing we all agree on.

I was happy to discover that I've only taken one full day with no exercise since we got the Wii. There were some light days but any moving is still a good thing. I can't wait to try Active. I've been enjoying more aerobic workouts this week, maybe in preparation for spring.

Okay, speaking of the Wii it's yoga time. Lots of sitting today so it's extra important to stretch this morning. Have a good day

ETA - Cottage I updated my avatar just for you

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-02-2010 at 06:31 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

Morning all
Wow Okie, what have you done since 3:45 am?

Debbie, have a nice time in Denver, anything special you're doing there?

Twynn - the taco salad sounds delicious and glad for you it wasn't pasta

Cottage - glad to hear you weren't hit hard, rain is always preferred

Cyndi - congrats on Mod and have fun at yoga, i'll be at a class tonight as well.

I got back from Vegas in the wee hours of monday morning. 2 am to be exact. I slept til 6 then got up for work. Got home at 4, and napped til 6. Then couldn't sleep last night til 12:30? Vicious cycle, gotta break it. I tried to eat well in Vegas, knew the girls i was going with wouldn't. I brought healthy snacks, sf jello,(no fridge in room, so the non refrigerated brand), roasted chick peas, almonds, and cheese and meat sticks (i know not exactly SB but better than nothing?). I indulged at dinners so it's back to phase 1 for me for at least this week.

Have a great Tuesday. Today is pajama day at school, so at least i'll be comfortable
Old 03-02-2010, 06:44 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Chickies. I am going to sip my coffee and then have a healthy breakfast. The doc gave me heck and meds for bronchitis plus a stern lecture.

Okie, what kind of dancing are you planning? I sometimes dance around the kitchen to radio music. The dogs think I'm nuts.

Debbie, I visualize covered wagons going over the pass when you talk about it. I must get out there sometime. I've never seen the American West.

Twynn, I did the Alpha course years ago. Hershey was new so I took her with me to bond. She was so good she was invited to real Church. That started the dogs in church trend at our Church.

Cottage, I am so glad the "snow" won't be another big dump. I worry!

Cyndi, I love the robin picture! One year they came back when the earth was covered with snow. My kids and I made "worms" out of chicken wieners for them although the birds preferred raisins. I hope today isn't too difficult for you.

I hate to do it but I'm going to cancel pet therapy for this afternoon. Although I'm not contagious, I sure look and sound it. I don't want to be blamed for the next batch of colds at the nursing home.

Good news! When I got my new PC, my picture loading software disappeared and I could not find the disc. Yesterday it miraculously appeared so I'm back in business. Now I just need to find my missing vacuum cleaner - not the Dyson but a little Shark for doing stairs.

Hope your day is full of bright spots.

ETA: Hi Maryjane. Good work at Vegas! I'm sure there were lots of temptations.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday! I'm all out of Splenda for my coffee, so I substituted SF chocolate syrup. It's pretty good!

Okie, Is your sister feeling better about life?

Debbie, Have a safe trip today!

Cottage, Here's to hoping for rain!

Cyndi, Hope your day is great and calm... ooohhhhmmmmm

Twynn, Can't imagine taking Sparkit anywhere!

MaryJane, Auston's school had pj day not too long ago. He was excited till we were actually at the school, when he fell apart and decided he didn't want to wear pjs to school. He didn't want to be the only one! Kindergartners! Sheesh!

Ruth, I hope you feel better soon. Did you get a shot in the tush? My mom has bronchitis, too. She's puny.

Me: The school superintendent put out a recorded call at 5:11 this morning saying that schools are on a 2 hour delay. It's 35 degrees and raining. Once again, I don't get it! Our weatherman said that after this rain/snow/sleet event, we should be on our way to spring! Spring!!! Yay! It's going to be sunny and close to 70 Sunday. Come visit me, Norther Chickies!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:03 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Okie, you and Debbie keep similar hours! How is your sister doing today?

Debbie, have a safe drive!

Tammy, you might be having a Tooting Tuesday with tacos two nights in a row!

Linda, I hope the storm passes without much trouble. You guys sure have had enough storm to last until next winter!!!

Cyndi, good luck at the retreat today! Your menu sounds fantastic!

Lauren, have a great time wearing your PJs to school! We had a pajama day at AWANA and it was so much fun!

Ruth, I am glad you have some medicine and can begin to heal. Rest lots and snuggle up with your quilting!

Michelle, sounds like a fun morning treat in your coffee!!!

I just got back from yoga and it was a really good class. I missed Tom, though. Came home to an e-mail that he was off to bed. Connor's Cub Scout meeting got cancelled today because his den leader's son is sick, so that gives us a little extra time in our afternoon. We still have ballet for the girls, martial arts for Connor, and then my ballet class, though. I bet we'll all sleep well tonight!

I think my laundry is done in the dryer so I'd better get that folded and away before the kids get home. Happy Tuesday!

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-02-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Thanks guys for your support. She's doing better. I haven't begun exercising yet but I will do it! I plan to dance to the tv.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Perfect title for me... it is a transforming Tuesday. I am much less stressed today My mom's husband has made an amazing improvement in 24 hours! Thanks so much for you kinds words and thoughts. I have a conference call today about home help or facilities for his next placement so will have to miss my strength class.

DS's ankle is not bad. Several hundred dollars later he has a brace to wear and was told to heat it and use pain as his guide to track. No bball for him tonight though.

Today was supposed to be the day we had the carpet reinstalled in the office but we decided to put it off until next week in hopes it rains and we can see if the leak is truly fixed now.

That's me...

FoodO - I enjoy hearing how much you love SB.

Debbie - I'll be thinking of you! Yesterday I finally found time to make our Denver layover hotel reservation (as well as one further my way for our drive home). Glad you got on your bike.

Twynn - Yummy! My first SB stint I had taco salads almost every lunch. Finally burned out on those.

Cottage - Enjoy the quiet and normalcy.

Cyndi - That does sound yummy. I am going to try to make the chickpeas for my trip. How do you like to season yours?

MJ - What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! Onward and downward.

Ruth - Let me know if you find my missing coat please. Glad to hear you are on the way to recovery. I coughed for months, not contagious, but got some nasty looks.

Chelby - I saw they now have splenda with fiber! Ahh spring.

Kara - Another busy day for you and the kids. Sorry you are missing your honey.

Have a great day all. I'll be back later.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:13 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girlies. After sleeping a lot of the early part of the day away yesterday due to illness, I had a hard time going to sleep last night. Also, I was up worrying about everyone else. My mom has the GI bug I had now, and Christopher still has the respiratory bug and said the GI bug came back. His daughter has a cough, too, but we're hoping it's something different from the black death that Chris has. Had to take a Tylenol PM for the first time in 6 months!

Still not feeling back to my old self yet. Going to force myself to have a little something for breakfast but my stomach is already saying "Meh, no thank you." The good news is that I weighed myself this morning and lost 5 lbs. Only 10 to go! I have to tell you, I made an OP grilled cheese last night with ww bread, ICBINB spray, 2% American and 2% Pepperjack, and it tasted better to me than an Ultimate Cheese Toasty. Quite delicious!

I'd better make myself something to eat before I decide my stomach doesn't want it and skip and then be all jacked up the rest of the day. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!!!!

Lisa
Old 03-02-2010, 08:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage - on my second cup now . The problem is, I drink a bunch of water on the treadmill, and then a couple of cups of coffee. At work, they must think I have bladder problems!

Cyndi - hope you survive the retreat today.

Ruth - LOL...you wouldn't want my pup at church!! (and Chelby, I can't picture Sparkit there either!!) Hope you feel better soon. It's probably good you're taking some time off!

Chelby - I'll be down there in...a day . I'm going to FL next week, guess I can't complain!

Kara - when does Tom get back? You're a super mom!! (and on your comment re: tacos....don't forget the black bean soup as a contribution!)

Karen - so glad to hear about your mom's husband!! That's fantastic!! Also glad the DS's ankle isn't TOO bad. Hope he heals well.

Cyndi and Kim - here's the recipe I used for the black bean soup:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fast-an...up/Detail.aspx
This time, I used green and red peppers and a stalk of celery, and went heavy on the veggies. I added all the beans, and then used my immersion blender to partially blend it. I didn't use ham this time (but added a few drops of liquid smoke...what is that stuff, anyway?), and I liked it better without the ham. I also mixed in some fresh cilantro afterwards. It was great!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:54 AM   #14  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Those of you that do pet therapy--How do you get your dog started? I think my lab would be great. She loves people and loves to be petted and loved. I would love to "give back" and I think this would be a great start.

No time for personals today. I hope you all have a great day.

Cindi good luck today! Your menu sounds yummy!

Debbie be safe!

Tammie
Old 03-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #15  
Be happy.

Good morning!
I had some internet troubles at home this morning, I read a couple of posts and *poof* my connection went out and didn't come back. I sure hope it's working by the time I get home this evening. (But on the bright side, I had an amazing amount of extra time this morning since I couldn't read or post. ha ha) I'm catching up from school - it's snack/break time here and the kids are playing nicely for now. I made an awful discovery a few minutes ago though, I don't have my lunch. I packed it but it's not here. I had so much to carry today I'm afraid I must have left it on the kitchen counter.... I have to come up with a plan B and quick.

It's Dr Seuss, Read Across America Day here, so instead of pajamas we came dressed as favorite book characters. We started the day with yet another school wide parade so the kids are all wound up and overly excited now. I've got lots of fun Dr. Seuss centers ready though so it should be a great day as long as I don't let the noise level get to me.

Ruth, I'm glad you're going to take it easy today. In the late 1990's I didn't take my bronchitis seriously enough and ended up in the hospital. We sure don't want that to happen to you.

Enjoy your Tuesday friends!
Closed Thread