View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #6
Shepherdess

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

I got my eating back on track and am feeling better about the world. The good thing is that after a two days of poor food choices, going back to my regular habits feels good. I feel better eating the healthier food. Exercise was an hour of yoga, which was exactly what my body needed. Now I feel like I can get back into my running routine.

Hikegirl, you gotta love those effortless on plan days. I think I’ve had one once! Keep up the good work.

Wndranne, ouch for the idea of feeling overwhelmed becoming the new normal. I hope you can get a handle on your hectic life soon—are you fully recovered from your surgery.

SilverBirch, I love the thought of cleaning up as resistance training. LOL at “Little things please little minds.”

Nuxmaga, yay for getting some exercise. The winter, especially a tough one, always puts a crimp in exercise. Kudos for putting in all the practice to leave food on your plate, but you’re right about the need to be patient. We didn’t develop these habits overnight and we won’t break them overnight.

Onebyone, great job avoiding the cookies, but LOL at the self-punishment bringing some home. I love the idea of a summer solstice anniversary at Stonehenge. I don’t think having a particular wedding ring you want is asking to much. It’s more than just another piece of jewelry; there’s a lot of meaning there.

We do use sheepdogs to herd the sheep—mostly Border Collies, but dh and I have an Australian Shepherd. Though everyone’s dogs are either green (like ours) or out of practice, so at the moment, the dogs get in the way more than they help. But a good dog can move the sheep so efficiently and its less stress on the sheep. And yes we do use sheep crooks, when we need to catch an individual sheep. In fact, they have sheep hooking contests at sheep fairs. We use the traditional ones that catch a sheep around the neck, but the easiest one to use is about 8 ft long, with a very narrow crook that flares a bit at the bottom. That catches a sheep by the leg, which is much easier when they’re running from you.

BillBE, good job getting in your walk and stocking up on EVOO at the same time. Mmmm, Majestic Vegetables with feta cheese. Kudos for enjoying a healthy meal and skipping the unhelpful extras. LOL, at teaching my sheep to sooth anxiety with food. It is something I ponder, but they only love me because I feed them.

Seadwaters, kudos for a good Beck day. I understand how frustrating the easter egg incident is, but I find these minor indiscretions easier to deal with when I put them in context. I ask myself how I would have handled it in my pre-Beck days, which helps me see my progress.

ChinaMaine, ouch for all the work stress. I understand how easily stress sabotages a good plan! Good job getting back on track and hope work slows down for you soon.

Beverlyjoy, huge congrats on a successful trip! I’m so inspired by how well you handled all of the challenges thrown your way. And great job having a plan in place to get you back to your usual routine—for me, this is a surprisingly difficult transition to make.