South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 04:28 AM   #1  

Default Frolicking on a Friday!

Good morning all!

I have been up and about, rather unwillingly, since 6:55. There's nothing like a wailing small child standing beside your bed for waking you up! (Especially galling since I got to sleep around 3.)

Weighed-in this morning and I've lost 3lb! I'm really pleased and excited; I'm just praying that I can resist all the bits of cake that are still lying around my kitchen and not go hogwild!! Car-shaped cake is all carved and I'm about to go ice it. I've promised myself some sweet potatoes with dinner if I resist... phase 2 starts today

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 02-26-2010, 06:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Shimmy, and thank you for starting up today's Daily. It sounds like you've gotten the hardest part of that cake done, and it should be fun frosting it. Be strong, that icing isn't going to taste as good as you think it will, and it's just not worth it, especially after losing 3 lbs this week! Congratulations!

The gusty wind has been rattling the windows and buffeting the house all night, and there are drifts of snow all over the place. The roads are unnavigable, so Jake is home with me again today. At least I won't have to worry about him being out there driving in this wicked weather. I plan to spend most of the day right here, curled up on my couch under a quilt with my laptop and my book. I promised to do my workout, though! I can't miss that!

What's going on in your day, today?
Old 02-26-2010, 06:14 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Shimmy, you can do it! Chuck those extra bits of cake in the trash and don't think about them again. Congrats on making it through Phase 1!!!

Linda, what are you reading on this blustery day? Enjoy your workout!

I had a surprise call from a tutoring client this morning so I didn't get as much done as I had wanted to, but the laundry is steadily running and I got the sheets off the beds. Still have to put new ones on, but I will be motivated to do that since I sure don't want to sleep on my bare mattress tonight!

I woke up another pound lighter! I am going to have to remember this feeling when I hit another plateau. I was actually VERY surprised because I usually plateau at 137 for awhile. It seems to be a difficult number for me to get past. This time I sailed right on by!

I'm so glad it's Friday. No extracurriculars today but we do have to run out to the BX for a couple things.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:20 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Drat! I just discovered I've been drinking decaf the past week. No wonder I feel draggy!

Shimmy, clean your teeth, get a big glass of water, put on surgical gloves and just ice the cake. That works for me and I'm a sucker for icing. Congrats on the scale results.

Cottage your day sounds much as mine will be until the starving hordes arrive for dinner. I cooked and did other prep yesterday as I thought I had to work a Bingo today but they have enough workers and I'm off the hook. I'm sure I'll find something to fill in the time.

My poor Disney looks shorn and forlorn after her fur styling yesterday. She was in terrible shape with matted fur and Holly really has to clip her short. She also looks very round so I am going to have to cut her food. Jazz is next on the list and that will be equally shocking.

Stay safe and warm if you're in the results of the storm. Spring IS coming. Just look at Cottage's new avatar. (I must change mine.)
Old 02-26-2010, 06:33 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The coffee is high test Ruth so grab a cup

Shimmy - Congratulations on the loss! Kara is right, toss those bits. The kids don't need them because they have a whole cake and you don't want them around. Too easy to grab just a small piece here or there while you're busy. I hate the idea of wasting anything but have had to learn that my body is not the garbage disposal and sometimes stuff just has to go.

Cottage - Sounds like you and Jake have the perfect plan for the day. I'm anxious to hear more about the step extender. DW almost bought one but was put off by some of the reviews. Care to post more details on the Wii thread? I just purchased Active and it has a whole step routine so that might be a nice piece to use.

Kara - Congratulations on your drop! I hope this signals movement on the weight front and it will make its way here. Hope those sheets are on. Nothing i hate more than forgetting the sheets until I'm getting ready for bed.

Ruth - Poor Jazz.My vet likes to point at the fat cat poster when I bring my kitty in. My kitty does not approve of that at all Enjoy a little R&R before the hordes arrive.

I'm glad to see the end of this week. It's been so unpredictable weatherwise that I just never really got a handle on it. Had the first good meeting ever with the BFH yesterday. The state in its infinite wisdom is pulling a lot of services back to the central office. Mine isn't on the table but there won't be any agency if they go ahead with the current plan. It's very possible that we will be bringing our 27 year old agency to it's end in January. What seemed like a plan the state was tossing around a couple of weeks ago now looks like a done deal. I'm glad it's almost the weekend and I have a little time to process it all.

In SBD news my eating has been perfect and I've been keeping on a pretty good exercise schedule. I really hope to see a little movement soon.

Hope your Friday is warm and cozy. I'm counting down to Happy Hour
Old 02-26-2010, 06:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, where is everyone this Friday morning? It's unusually quiet!!

Shimmy - YAY for you! And you might be surprised...esp. right after phase I, that stuff doesn't taste nearly as good as it used to. TOO sweet!!

Cottage - it's a bit nasty out here! I haven't checked the weather/radar, but the winds are gusty pretty bad, and I think it's still snowing too. Definately not a pretty snow!

Ruth - I think that's the worst news I've heard all week . DECAF?!?!

Kara - congrats!! You work so hard for it!!

Me - I'm supposed to work 9-4 today, I'm not sure what's going to happen with the storm though. I know DS's school was cancelled, I'm off to check DD's daycare next (they've NEVER closed...but sometimes delayed). I'm really looking forward to the weekend...have a date night planned!

Have a great one!

Cyndi - sorry to hear about the job. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise....you haven't been happy there in a while?

Kara- I just read yesterday's posts. Your instructor is crazy. Sorry. I think anyone that thinks 14 days without food is cleansing is nuts. I doubt the whole protein/grains thing too, but that's not as bad!

Last edited by TwynnB; 02-26-2010 at 06:42 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:43 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, I'm sorry to hear about the coffee mix-up. Did you pick up the wrong package at the store? You've inspired me to put on a pot for tea. It's windy and rainy here and seems like the perfect atmosphere for a cup of tea.

Cyndi, I'm sorry to hear about the craziness at work. I hope the answers that come down are friendly to your position! Congrats on the good eating. It makes you feel so much better, doesn't it?

Tammy, be safe on the roads if you have to go into work. Where are you headed for your date night?
Old 02-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Wow Kara! Amazing!

Hi to everyone else...I haven't had time for the daily in a bit. Today we are all snowed in and school is closed (both my son's and mine) and I'm frantically trying to schedule playdates. There is NO WAY I can be stuck in the house with an active 5 year old all day!
Old 02-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #9  

Kara, right now I'm just reading two short stories of Nora Robert's. Something I picked up at a yardsale. I just finished reading Lisa See's newest novel, Shanghai Girls, and I really enjoyed it. Congratulations on yet another pound gone!

Ruth, I hope you have a little jacket for Disney to wear when she goes outside! When I saw her she had just been shaved, so I have a good picture of how she looks right now. Now Jazz, though, I cannot imagine with a short haircut, LOL! I had to change my avatar to something more Springy, just to give me hope!

Cyndi, that's really a shame what's happening to your Agency. I hope something better comes along for you in the meantime. I'm really liking the riser extender for the step aerobics and am very glad I went ahead and got one. It seems to make a big difference. How bad has the weather been up there? Cindy and my girls are in the Killington area, and I hope they are having some good ski days!

ETA -

Morning Twynn and Mmc! Enjoy our yet another snow day!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 02-26-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Shimmy - good for you! Welcome to PH2.

Linda - Sounds like a perfect, cozy day.

Kara - I hate jumping jacks. And I always worry I will... ahem... pee my pants while I am doing them! Congrats for the plateau break; I got off mine too

Ruth - Poor Disney. Even dogs need diets. I remember when we had to put ours on one and how many people would comment on her weight loss!

Cyndi - I don't quite understand all that work stuff but it sounds ominous. Great job eating and exercising!

Twynn- Drive carefully! Have fun on date night.

Mmc - Good morning! When my kids were younger I hated those stuck-in snow days. Now my teen just sleeps through most of it.

Our jackhammering is done and I missed it since I spent another day with my mom. But the workers did not finish as expected so will be back to day to pour concrete. DH started cleaning up the dust before I got home yesterday but there is still tons and I taste it in the air

I'll be back with my mom today. The good news yesterday is we found a new medical power of attorney with her name on it! And the doctors have agreed her husband is not competent to make medical decisions now so it is easily invoked and hopefully he will agree to head to a psychiatric facility once they clear him and find a bed.

The lesson here for everyone - be sure you have updated paperwork! DH and I are going to make sure we have living wills and POAs because we don't remember if we ever got around to that!

I hope I can squeeze in exercise. Haven't had time for my usual stuff. But I am staying OP. And I really, really need to get to the store! I actually deserted a full cart when this all started.

Catch you later. Happy Friday.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:19 AM   #11  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

I'm home again today and the power is still flickering - but the cable is back! lol

So far the storm has been more rain and wind than snow here. We've got about 7 inches of wet, heavy snow in the yard and some slush that showed up overnight on the driveway. It's snowing hard now though, and they're saying 10" of snow today - but we'll see. I'm hoping for a lower final total. There's enough snow out there to snowshoe again and that's all I was looking for.

Karen, I was so glad to read that your mom found updated paperwork. I'm so sorry that she has to go through all of this. I continue to pray.

ugh! Another flicker. I'm going to sign off for now but I'll be back later (hopefully! ) Enjoy your Friday!
Old 02-26-2010, 07:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Happy Happy Friday!

Shimmy, Congratulations!!! Your sweet potato is going to taste like candy.

Cottage, I love blue bonnets! I was watching the news last night. The wind is CRAZY up there!

Ruth, We drink decaf at the office. I have to get my 'fix' in at home.

Cyndi, We've lost our state funding, too. We're still fighting to get it back.

Twynn, Around here daycare centers are more likely to close than schools.

Kara, Hooray for the scale!

Mcc, I have a 6 year old. I agree -- keeping them in the house is hard work!

Karen, DH and I haven't done any paperwork.... For Shame!

Me: It's Friday! No exciting plans. I have to visit a department store this weekend. I honestly haven't been to one in years! My bras are wrong and hard to find. 38G. I need to find a really a really good, industrial bra! Suggestions?
Old 02-26-2010, 07:40 AM   #13  

Chelby, go to a good, upscale store, like Nordstrom's or Macy's and have a professional measure you for a good bra fit. You don't have to buy your bras there, but at least you'll know exactly what size fits you best. I like Warcoal and Bali bras.

Heidi, our power is flickering, too, and I almost had a moment of panic when I lost internet, but thank goodness all is well now. It's so gusty that it's hard to tell exactly how much snow we have, but I think it's not as much as originally forecast. It only looks like about 4 or 5 inches, but it's drifting across roads and closing them. Stay safe!

Karen, I'm glad you found the POA papers! I keep all my important papers together in a ziploc gallon bag in our file cabinet, that way I know exactly where to find them. Thanks for putting out that important reminder for everyone, though!

Mmc, I hope you've lined up something fun to keep your son occupied today!
Old 02-26-2010, 07:42 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Mmckellen, hope you find someone to play with! I always bake with the kids on at-home days. They love it.

Karen, you need to do some Kegel exercises, girl. That problem is only going to get worse! The fun thing about Kegels is that no one knows you're doing them. It's like a little secret.

Heidi, hope your power stays on!

Michelle, good luck bra shopping! I have no ideas. I always just order from Victoria's Secret on-line.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning all and Happy Friday! They keep saying we're going to get snow but so far nothing but lots of wind. That's fine with me and I'll just keep my fingers crossed that I don't lose too many slates off the roof.

I'm going to make this quick because I want to try exercising this morning. If I put it off until later in the day somehow it doesn't seem to happen. I'm going to try making it a priority.

Good luck bra shopping Chelby. I have never found a comfortable bra, so no recommendations from me. I have a hard size to fit too - but more small boobs, wide rib cage. Like a transvestite.
Heidi, glad you still have your power and got your snow.
karen, having that paperwork is great - should make thing easier, but I sure feel for your mom.
Mmc, enjoy your snow day.
Twynn, hope you don't have to go out in it.
cyndi, sounds like we are in the same boat. Next January I expect to lose my contract. I'm sorry for both of us.
Ruth, that's funny about the coffee. I've been sluggish this week too, and out of coffee the last couple of days. Maybe there's a connection?
Kara, congratulations on blasting past your sticking point!
Shimmy, great job on Phase I. Enjoy your sweet potatoes!

Me, just trying to catch up on everything today. I've really been a slug this week. I've got to give myself a good a** chewing and snap out of it. DS has a birthday party to attend tonight and we'll probably do pizza at my mom's for dinner. Well, I feel my motivation sapping away, so off to do my exercise before it's completely gone.
Closed Thread