Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 02-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/209/174

Height: 5ft 10

Default Some NSVs this week

I have been having a stressful week this week. I'm trying to design something for a commission and I've had a few problems: I feel under deadline pressure and I don't cope well with stress at all in winter. These situations tend to tempt me to emotional eating or drinking, but I've resisted and stayed on track, managing a weight loss this week. I'm pleased about that, but two other things have buoyed me up even more.

The first was that I can now fit into a UK size 16. I bought a pair of jeans untried on the offchance, because all my trousers were getting looser and I knew that if they didn't fit me now, they probably would in a few week's time. Apparently they fit me now.

The other NSV relates to fitness. My cardiovascular fitness has never been great, even when slimmer - I was always the kind of person who would be embarrassingly red-faced and puffing after running for a bus. Last year when I started dieting, I also started walking briskly for 45 minutes 5x a week. In midwinter I lost motivation to walk but got a Wii and used a combination of Wii Fit, My Fitness Coach and Just Dance, as I thought they would be better than doing nothing at all until the weather picked up. They must have helped, because I ventured out on a walk today, decided to do a bit of jogging and found I could run further than I've ever managed before. I was so pleased about that.
lora m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #2  
eratosthanes

S/C/G: 297/273/170

Height: 5'5"

That is AWESOME! I couldn't even run when I was 208, except about 1/4 of a block. You must be VERY proud of yourself.
eratosthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #3  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

That is wonderful. Keep up the good work. I love NSV progress!! Happy Dance Time.

Whatever your tune, lets dance!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #4  
Now Mom to 5

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 5' 5"

Wonderful! I always like NSVs, just goes to show the scale does not really know everything.
MomtoThree is offline   Reply With Quote