South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 03:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Tricky Thursday!

Hola, Bonjour! It's a great day! I'm feeling good! I bought some oranges from the store and got my new scale! How are you guys doing on the Beach! I was so proud of myself for not batting an eyelash at the sweet but deadly treats at the store. I can't wait till I get to my goal weight!
Old 02-25-2010, 04:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/170/128

Height: 5'5

I also went to the store and didn't even slobber over the candy. Yay us! I also can't wait to get to goal. I honestly can't imagine how it would feel to weigh 135 pounds... but its going to happen! I'll make it!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:54 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I hope today is NOT tricky as I have a full schedule, mainly of cooking and prep for tomorrow night's dinner meeting, and am dragging my butt a bit this morning. I've got the chicken thrown into the marinade which is a start and am serving it with ww couscous and a broccoli salad, all stuff I can make ahead.

Disney goes for a haircut this morning as I just cannot keep on top of her matted fur. Snow does that. She'll be a bit chilly minus a lot of fur but does have a little coat. Jazz is next as his fur is so long you can't tell which end is which unless he starts to walk, He'll be next.

Okie and Katy, we will just ignore the so-called treats as they are just not worth it!

Happy Thursday to all.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Morning everyone! You 3 are up early!
As for me, I am going back to bed. I just got up to make sure school was closed for the kids. It is, of course. Looks like we will be snowed in all day today!
See you all later!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:04 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Looks like it's going to be one of those uncertain days around here. The temperature is hanging right around freezing and the weather reflects that - might be rain or ice or snow. I haven't decided what to do yet.

Okie - Enjoy all your successes on the way to goal You are obviously working hard to change your life and your health.

Katy - Good morning

Ruth - Good luck with all the cooking today. Don't forget to take some breaks and give your back a rest

klosingit - Enjoy sleeping in

I'm going to get started on my normal routine and see how things look in an hour. That means it's time for Wii yoga. Now to find my enthusiasm (maybe behind the couch?)
Old 02-25-2010, 06:54 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Okie and Katy, it's fun reading about your success and knowing that you're as happy with this woe as I am.

Ruth, that sounds like a yummy menu. How's the back this morning?

klosingit, I think moms and kids enjoy the snow days more than the teachers do. I'll have a relaxing day at home but I can't stop thinking about having to make up today in June when it's hot and uncomfortable in our classroom! I hope you and crew enjoy your day!

Cyndi, for the first time ever last night my wii trainer told me, "That was a great workout!" She usually says, "Do you find yourself getting shaky when you're tired? Work out every day to strengthen your core muscles...." lol I was so psyched that I almost did the routine a second time. Be safe today, whether you decide to work from home or drive in today.

The snow/rain went back and forth all day yesterday so I never did get out on my snowshoes. But this morning there's not a spot of bare ground to be seen and the snow is supposed to continue through til tomorrow noontime so I'm sure I'll be able to get out there today. I'm not sure if the power will stay on. It's 'blinked' a couple of times already this morning. We manage fine when it's off, but I do miss the computer. lol

Enjoy your Thursday!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

My enthusiasm is in my coffee this morning.

It's a snowy morning, as promised, but right now we only have about an inch or so, which managed to cover up any bare patches of ground that managed to break through the snowscape. I don't think we've seen grass since December! Schools are all closed, and Jake is home today, too. The storm is supposed to intensify as the day progresses, and not supposed to end until early Saturday.

Cindy and the gang did go on their ski trip, and I guess they made it safely. Richard was able to go with them, thank goodness! So I'm enjoying a nice 4-day weekend, even if I'll end up snowed in.

I got my riser platform in the mail yesterday for my wii step aerobics and am looking forward to trying it out this morning. I just hope I don't end up spraining an ankle or something!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:57 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Oh Linda, I can't wait to hear if you like it.
I am really close to ordering one from Amazon, but the reviews are mixed.... I'm anxious to hear a review from someone I can trust. Good luck with it!

Enjoy your snowy day at home.

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-25-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! There's a manageable no. of you on here this AM!

Okie and Katy - what's kinda funny...is one day, you might cave. And then you'll eat it and say, "WHAT?!?!?". It tastes yucky!! Way too sweet!! I used to LOVE snickers bars, they still don't do much for me.

Ruth - I LOVE shaving animals. They laugh at me at work...I do a pretty decent summer clip!! Especially cats (often sedated)...they look like velvet! It's just something completely mindless.

KS - hope the snow day goes well.

Cyndi - I'll be over later to shovel for you .

Heidi- I think that qualifies as a NSV! Congrats!

Cottage - enjoy your long weekend!

Me - Life is good this week. Maybe not the eating as much , but otherwise well. It's my long day at work, but I think it's supposed to be slow (and with the storm coming in, probably won't change). My DH and I have had it a bit rough lately, but for some reason (yeesh, it must be divine intervention) we did a 180, and I feel like I'm on my second honeymoon now . That makes everything a lot easier though, doesn't it! I feel less stressed, and honestly, that makes eating a lot easier too.

I think my cold is finally ending. I'm close to getting on the treadmill...not this morning, since I had to take a nap to feel better yesterday. Almost there!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday!

Okie, Congratulations on your ticker!

Katie, I can't imagine being at goal either....

Ruth, We're already planning on getting Sparkit shaved in the summer. I'm sure the groomer is going to love seeing 150 lb dooface walk through her door.

Ks, Enjoy your snow day!

Cyndi, My enthusiasm greets me in the morning -- usually. But, it leaves early in the evening.

Heidi, Keeping my fingers crossed for your power to stay on!

Cottage, Careful on that step! I've taken one step class and ended up on the floor!

Me: Today should be a breeze compared to yesterday. It was emotionally and mentally tough! Bad parents! Anyway... it's over! Today and tomorrow will be easy as the therapist is on vacation. I have lots of filing to do in her office, which isn't my favorite, but has to be done.

We've almost made it to the weekend! WooHoo!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Okie and Katy - Your attitude with this WOE is infectious

Ruth - We used to take our dog in once a month for her spa day, and she was short-haired! But she hated to be bathed and I hated to trim her nails.

K - Have fun with the snow day.

Cyndi - LOL - if you find it there, would you please look for my patience. It is missing too. And my purple coat.

Heidi - My first thought always goes to those makeup days in the summer. Kids are a bit short-sighted Hope the power holds.

Cottage - Enjoy your weekend. Any thing special planned?

Twynn- Glad to hear your week is going well

Chelby - That's the spirit!

Thanks for your kind words and wishes. Yesterday was quite long and draining. My mom is hanging in but an emotional mess and I know it is best that I be with her as much as I can. In the morning the nurses told her that her husband had now said they could share no medical information with her! Fortunately the doctors realize this is a man who is not in a sound mind to make that decision. His son came last night and looked shell-shocked. His dad recognized him but made no sense and was very paranoid and delusional. No answers in sight.

Today is the day that the jackhammers tear up our office floor to hopefully fix the leak issues. Poor DH has done all the prep without me while I have been gone. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll clean all the dust and aftermath too

The good news, I am staying OP and not stress eating. I am not getting my usual exercise in but some. And I miss it! How great is that?

Gotta go pay a bit of attention to my blog now. Have a great day chicks. (Did we scare Mike off?)
Old 02-25-2010, 08:35 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Okie, look at your ticker at 299!!!!! Woohoo!!!

Katy, I love your enthusiasm! Keep up the great work!

Ruth, good luck with your busy day! I bet Disney will look just fabulous with a hair cut!

K, have a fun snow day!

Cyndi, was your enthusiasm behind the couch? Mine is often under my pillow but I am too busy to be able to lay my head down and find it.

Heidi, have fun snowshoeing!

Linda, let me know how you like the riser. I was interested in that accessory.

Tammy, I'm glad you and your husband are doing better. Tom and I started doing a couple's devotional every night and we've really been enjoying it. It's brought up some interesting topics that I don't think we otherwise would have broached.

Michelle, good luck with your filling in!

Karen, I'm sorry to hear about your mom's troubles. I hope she gets some answers soon.

I woke up another pound down this morning, which was a pleasant surprise! The last couple pounds have taken two weeks to a month EACH to come off, so maybe my body is getting the hang of this now. "Oh, you want me to get RID of the fat??? OH!"

Had a busy morning with exercise class and now Connor is doing his violin while the girls eat their lunch. Kadyn and Avery still have to do their phonics and Kadyn also has to do grammar. We usually have it done before school, but with exercise class this morning I had to pack them up and ship them off earlier than normal. We have Connor's martial arts this evening and then I have to pick up a friend's kids to watch them for the evening. Her husband has lung cancer and had to have a surprise operation today so she didn't have anyone to watch them this evening.

I talked to my aerobics teacher about her reasoning behind the fasting and she said it was to give her digestive system a break so she could "self heal" with the energy that is usually used by her digestive system. She said she lost 15 pounds in the 14 days she fasted, but honestly I suspect most of that was water and muscle weight. Two weeks sounds like way too long to fast to me. She was telling me about the body clock and how she heard we're not supposed to eat before noon because the body uses the time between 4 a.m. and noon to do deep digestion and if we add food to the stomach during that time, we are impeding the digestion of the other food. We're also not supposed to eat after 8 p.m. because the body starts digesting then. I'm a little skeptical of her information. Another thing she told me was that you're only supposed to eat protein OR grains at a meal because that way the body can more easily digest the food, because one is alkaline and one is acidic and when you mix them, the stomach acid can't digest them properly. I'm just not sure what to think of her ideas. They seem a little out there.

So that's my contribution to general confusion for the day!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:54 AM   #13  

Hey Kara! Thanks for acknowleding my achievement! Hope your friend's hubby gets better!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #14  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning all

We had a fabulous weekend at the marriage retreat! There was lots of childcare so hubby and I spent lots of time talking and just hanging out.

We did go out to this fun play that had dueling pianos. I need to put a disclaimer in here I don't normally drink. I might drink a glass of wine once in awhile, but I haven't been drunk in about 7 yrs. So we drank some rum runners. I remember why I don't drink!! LOL I had a great time, but I did ok eating except the alcohol. I came home and was really careful about what I ate the last few days and I am back to feeling normal.

I did lose 2 pounds last week. I have officially lost 15 pounds!!!

Oh hubby found out yesterday that we will be restationed to Fort Campbell (TN/KY border) in January. I am thrilled because my family is in TN. We will only be an hour from my family. Bad news is hubby will more than likely be deployed, but we will deal iwht that when it comes.

Will try and be back later with personals.

Tammie
Old 02-25-2010, 09:16 AM   #15  

Go Tammy!
Closed Thread