Old 02-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #1  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Accountability, Exericse, Menu, etc - Week of February 22

Looking for a place to post your daily plan & exercuse, have some accountability, and a chat, too. This is the place.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #2  
is recommitted

Well, I was going to post this in last weeks thread but I knew in the morning someone would create this so I got a head start here.

Well, I know you all haven't heard from me in a few days, and that's because I have been busy packing up all of my belongings and moving them to our new place. We aren't 100% settled yet, but we did FINALLY get everything moved over. We didn't get our computers set up until later today.

As for eating, it hasn't been *too* bad. I have been too busy to snack, and although I haven't been keeping track of everything I've eaten, I know it hasn't been that much. I haven't done any "exercise" per say, but I have worked up a sweat several times and lots of lifting, moving, standing, walking, so I definitely had no shortage of activity. I'm pretty confident when I do my Wii Exercise tomorrow that I'll show a loss, but we'll see. I am looking forward to getting back to a daily routine, and since I've gotten up pretty early the past few days I'm hoping that I can get up earlier as well.

I have to say though, the weather was just about perfect today. We opened up all of the windows in our new house, there was a breeze, but it wasn't cold. Perfect. I wish I could bottle it up and open it on a summer day .

I hope all of you girls are doing good!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:47 PM   #3  
is recommitted

Oh, and I just went to the store and bought a lot of veggies... yay for healthy eating!!
Old 02-21-2010, 10:23 PM   #4  
eratosthanes

S/C/G: 297/273/170

Height: 5'5"

Hmm... I don't usually plan a menu a week ahead, but I will plan tomorrow's.

Breakfast:
1/3 cup+ 2 Tb steel cut oats 250
1 cup milk 100
2 t honey 40
Total: 390

Lunch:
Sushi
¼ c (uncooked) brown sweet rice 160
1 sheet nori 10
½ sml avocado 108
¼ c krab meat 40
¼ c cucumber 18
¼ carrot strips 4
½ t sugar 8
1 t soy sauce 5
Total: 353

Dinner:
Bagel 260
1 oz cream cheese 100
Total: 360

Supper:
Veggie Pasta (my recipe)
Sauce 198
Pasta 210
Total: 408

That will put me around 1500 for the day, which leaves 2-300 for various snacks as yet to be decided.
eratosthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:47 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

scales are up a bit today due to sodium in my chili I think.
b- pb on thin bun apple
lunch tuna thin bun with veggie strips
dinner- porkchop baked pot greens

got lots of walking in over the weekend...snow is almost gone finally!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:58 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends!

A friend reminded me that I lost 35 pounds on the Insulin Resistance Diet in 2006. How could I forget that?! I blame mental-pause. For a while, I've been attributing my success to Southbeach, but SB was for my husband. I did SB with him and ate the same menu items while still following my IR plan. So, I re-read the book and I'm back on that plan as of today. Also, I bought a Body Bugg. Hubby loves his and finds it to be extremely motivating. The BB allows me to see what calories my body is burning each day and keeps track of my steps taken and my heart rate during exercise. I can also track my calories on their site. The goal, of course, is to create a deficit. It's like a game! LOL

Soulnik - Happy Belated B-day!

Have a great on-plan day. (BTW, I plan on being around here each day. I need you guys!)

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-22-2010 at 09:59 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:19 AM   #7  

Hey Chicas,

Hope you’re all doing well! I had a good weekend. Scale showed a 4 lb weight loss this week! Totally psyched about that. I used to only weigh myself once a week but now I’m doing it every day. I think it helps me stay on track.

Today I start a healthy living competition with my co-workers. It’s called the Game On Diet. It’s about winning points for making healthy lifestyle changes as opposed to winning because of weight loss. There are a bunch of food restrictions to help you make healthier food choices. Restrictive diets are binge triggers for me (I have to make healthy changes slowly over time to avoid binging) so we agreed that since I’m already on a food plan that works for me, I’d stick with it. My one concession is that I’d only eat my daily points and I’d lose points if I dipped into my 35 weekly allowance points.

Here’s my food for the day...a little sugar heavy...hmmmm:

Morning
6 oz Strawberry nonfat 3
1 medium banana(s) 1.5
1 serving(s) Chocolate Chip Cliff Bar 4

Midday
1 slice(s) Natural Reduced Fat Swiss Cheese 1
1 serving(s) Tumaro's Tortilla's 1
4 oz Deli meat 2
Tomato
Lettuce

Evening
1 Jiffy Corn Muffins 2
1 Veggie/Turkey Chile 4

Snacks Desserts
1 pouch(es) Right bites sandies shortbread 2
1 pouch(es) Right bites mini fudge stripes 2
1 cup(s) grapes 1
2 small clementine 0.5
2 serving(s) kettle corn sml bag 4
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #8  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hi all. I'm in kind of a crabby mood. My weight isn't changing and that ticks me off. I know I need to watch my food intake a lot more. That seems to be an issue right now. I'll have to be much more diligent. Exercise is good, but I've been hungry a lot. I know it is all in my head, so I need to get past that.

Have a good day everyone.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good morning ladies!

The weekend with my parents went very well. I resisted all alcoholic beverages and sweet tempations which was a success! They both commented on how much smaller I looked. I kind of think that they are just saying that since you know, they are my parents. BUT I will take it! I also went to the local thrift shop with my mom and fit into a size 18 pants and 14/16 shirt. Granted, the shirt was a wrap around shirt that is MUCH more forgiving than other styles, but I will take the NSV. It was fun to enjoy shopping again with my mom. What a difference even a month and a half can make!

I just got back from Weight Watchers and I lost 7.4 pounds last week! Can we say "WHOOSH!" I was a little surprised last week when I gained .6 pounds because even though I wasn't able to workout when I was sick, I still stayed on plan and never went above my daily points. It looks like my body was retaining water from the sickness. This journey is crazy. I need to stay focused and get working on this week immediately. I know this week will be difficult to even lose one pound after such a huge week. I'm finally starting to see (just a little bit) that this journey isn't all about the number after all though. It still is so prominent in my head though as a measure of my "success." I'm working on it.

soulnik - For some reason I was thinking you lived in New York, but to be honest, even the suburbs are still pretty "city" compared to where I'm from Regardless, you inspire me to get out there and be more social every time I read your posts. I tend to be kind of a hermit and need to work on getting out there more. CONGRATS on the 4 pounds chica! That is so awesome! This hard work WILL pay off if we just keep going. Let us know how the Game On Diet works for you. I looked online about it and it looks pretty great. I wish I had people to play with here. It sounds fun!

slashnl - Hang in there! You are doing an amazing job! It's hard to keep on track with food. I get super frustrated sometimes because I know I need to track every little nibble that goes into my mouth and that makes me bitter sometimes. We CAN do this though and WILL get through this!

Rhonda - It's so great to have you on this thread! CONGRATS on getting back on plan today! I look forward to getting to know you better!

dgramie - YAHOO for walking! I was able to take a long walk with my parents on Friday and it was so FUN! I'm so ready for better walking weather! Hope your snow disappears soon!

eratosthanes - YUM! You totally have me craving sushi now! Do you make it yourself? I tried once many years ago and I ended up with a big pile of rice. It was a mess...perhaps I should try again. I hope you'll keep visiting us

rakel - Thanks for starting the thread! Moving is so exercise! I bet you burned so many calories! I'm glad you're feeling better and got through the move. Let us know the wii's verdict.

Today's plan:
b - coconut milk, cereal - 3
s - yogurt, banana - 5
l - cottage cheese, trader joe's jalapeno cruchies - 6
s - orange - 1
d - chicken tortas - 8
s - whole grain cookies - 2

Exercise: Walked to Weight Watchers meeting

Have a great day today chicas!
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:54 AM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends.

Yesterday was good. Wearing the Body Bugg is an eye opening experience for sure. I now know that I have the metabolism of a slug! I did manage to create a small calorie deficit, but I need to work out quite a bit more to reach 2 pounds or more per week. Today, I'll be on that treadmill and running up and down the stairs periodically to raise my calorie burn. I finally found a positive reason for having stairs! LOL

Soulnik - I agree with you about restricting foods. That never works well for me either. Hope the competition helps keep you motivated.
Diane - I'm sorry about the stupid scales! Just give them a swift kick, re-evaluate your plan and keep going!
Brandijune - Congratulations on your 7.4 pound loss! Yes, this journey isn't all about the number, but I'm sure it feels good to see that whoosh.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #11  
is recommitted

Rhonda: Your metabolism will speed up. I am for certain that mine has.

Diane: I know what you mean. It seems like some days I can just eat all day long and still feel hungry. But conversely, other days I go hours without eating and it doesn't even cross my mind. Like yesterday for example, I didn't even think about eating lunch until around 1pm. I think it has to do with the way our metabolism is working, but I haven't looked it up or anything.

I didn't get a chance to weigh in last night, but I did take my measurements this morning, and I have gone down about 2 inches on my waist, half inch off my bust and waist, and an inch on my neck. I also do my arms and thighs, but it's a little unreliable because I seem to measure in a different spot every time. Those are the same, a little more or a little less. I attempted weigh in on the Wii Fit but I didn't have all of the pieces and didn't want to spend too much time on it... I'll have more time this evening to get everything working. I tried to use the bathroom scale but as soon as I step on it says "OL" and then doesn't do anything... sigh.

I got up at 7:30am, which is about 30 - 45 minutes early for me. So I have packed my lunch, and now getting ready to leave for work after I finish posting this!

Last edited by rakel; 02-23-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #12  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Morning Gang! LOVE seeing Rhonda!!! yay!!! That plan sounds interesting!

Br: mix of Fibre 1 & All Bran Buds & 1% milk, coffee, pear
LU: tomato veg soup, w.wheat crackers with smidge of lite cream cheese, some veg for dipping, orange
SN: handful of almonds
Din: bit of a cheat as LOST is on tonight and we make an event out of it LOL having gourmet homemade pizza and a diet soda! (ha! as if a diet soda is a once a week treat now? wtf? LOL) and some lite jello with cool whip as a fancy dessert

crazy hip pain today, will try to walk a lot more!

Last edited by Trazey34; 02-23-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #13  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I posted yesterday, but it's no showing up....oops!

Oh well, I'm here now!

Work is super hectic, but that's ok...it's all good stuff. Well, mostly good stuff.

I need to get back on track w working out. I didn't make it to the gym last night. Can't go tonight, but I can do a dvd when I get home. Food has been good. Gym tomorrow for sure!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good morning ladies!

All is good here. Looking forward to "date night" with hubby tonight since he is working two jobs and going to school (with my work schedule, I barely get to see him anymore). BUT I need to make sure I'm focused and in control during pasta night

Rhonda - The BB sounds like an amazing tool! I'll think about you every time I take the stairs today...haha. Thanks for the kind words...I appreciate it!

rakel - Congrats on your shrinking measurements! Sounds like a NSV for sure! That's so exciting. Have a great day at work!

Trazey - Hope your hip feels better real soon!

mj5 - Good for you for finding an alternative method for working out tonight. I should be better at that! Generally, if I have to miss the gym...count out exercise for me that day when I get home! Hope it goes well tonight!

Today:
b - lite coconut milk, high fiber cereal, apple - 4
s - yogurt, banana - 5
l - pork tenderloin (2.5 ounces), quinoa salad (1 cup) - 6
s - orange - 1
d - spinach ravioli (6 pieces), pesto (1 tbsp), wine (4 ounces red), 1 point breadstick, olive oil/vinegar dipping - 11
s - whole wheat cookies - 2

Exercise: 60 minute elliptical
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #15  
Reluctant Adult

'Morning, ladiez,

mj5, sorry you lost your post!! It's so irritating when that happens, isn't it? I think your dedication to working out is so impressive. And I hope work eases up on you soon!!

Trazey34, sure hope your hip pain resolves soon. Your "cheat" sounds like it is well thought out -- sounds like a pleasant date with your hubby!!

rakel, sounds like things are going really well for you since the move!! I'm cheering you on!!

GirlyGirlSebas, best of luck with your new fitness regimen... I need to join you. It's hard to fit in extra activity, but I'd say you're doing a great job -- keep it up!!

brandijune, happy to hear your weekend went well!! I admire your fortitude to say no to the sweets and the alcohol -- that takes strength and commitment, and you obviously have both. Go, girl!! And CONGRATULATIONS on your whoosh!! That's so fantastic -- thrilled for you!! And have fun on date night!!

Slashnl, we're in the same boat at the moment... I feel like I'm watching my food intake and staying within my calories, but I haven't had a loss in weeks. It's frustrating and annoying, but I'm more afraid of abandoning the effort altogether. Let's commit to keeping on together, ok?

soulnik, your competition sounds great!! What a super concept to keep your motivation levels high. I also love your plan to exercise in ways you enjoy and not commit to a formal workout at a gym. I think that's a much more sustainable approach!

dgramie, so glad to hear the snow is disappearing!! Kudos to you for getting in all that walking. I'm sure the scales will reward you soon!!

eratosthanes, welcome, and love your menu!! Looks like you're off to a great start!!

I took a really great hike with a friend yesterday and intend to follow soulnik's wonderful example of exercising in ways I enjoy, not trying to force it but being responsible to it.

I'm eating more off my plan than I should be and the scale is letting me know allllll about that... weight is fluctuating all over the place. I know food will be better when Handyman returns on Sunday so I'm not worrying about it overmuch. But gotta admit, the week is dddrrrrrraaaaggggiiinnnnggg and I'm struggling to not fill it with food goodies!! Really miss him... that's an odd feeling after all this time.

My food for today:

Breakfast: 1 hardboiled egg, 2 slices deli ham, 1 RF BabyBel cheese, 1 V-8 juice.

Lunch: Big salad with 3 oz. leftover top sirloin

Dinner: 4 oz. salmon, steamed green beans, roasted tomatoes and mushrooms, glass of wine

Snacks: Handful of nuts, 1 apple

Hope everyone has an outstanding day!! - Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote