Old 02-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #1  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/165

Height: 5'4

Default In the midst of a BINGE!!!! Please HELP!!!

This weekend, I celebrated my 27th birthday by going out for drinks, catching a performance at the theater, and of course eating all my favorite foods... Now, I'm concerned that I am in the beginning stages of binging as my one day rendevous turned into a three day out of control fest... Please help, my goal is so close to me, and I do not want to spin out of control. Any methods of dealing with binging, or words of enouragement would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!
Beautifully Flawed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy birthday and stop celebrating. You deserve a fresh start with your eating. Get back on track and eat a little more protein to keep the hungries away. In the mean time step up your exercise.

I can't tell you how proud of you I am that you are almost at your goal. Stop sabatoging yourself and go after it like an Olmypian. You can do it. Remember where you were and where you want it to be. Be kind and gentle with yourself and don't indulge in food, but use the money for something you would enjoy. I'm with you; I know you can do this.

Hugs,

Sharon
artic123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #3  
One Day at a Time...

ARTIC123... Thank you for those words... I am great need of that push. I know that I can do this... and I will not SABOTAGE my efforts... I have come so far...
I will work harder this week in both my workouts and my diet... Like an Olympian!!!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

soooo close you can taste it!!! so try not to taste other things in between

you can do this!!!!!
focus on the goal - set a challenge and stick to it!

earn day 1!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/230/155

Height: 5'5"

You are so close and you have come so far you can do it sweetie. Dont be hard on your self we are all human and slip up from time to time what matters is that we get up dust our self off and keep our eyes on the prize. You have it in you reach down and pull it out
RockerMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #6  
I'm in here...somewhere!

S/C/G: 290/250/150

Height: 5'6"

Lightbulb Stop! Breathe! Cancel! Cancel!

Some of the most powerful messages I have incorporated into my life from another support group are:
1) Stop, breathe, and step back and look at what you're doing. You did that when you reached out on this site. You have broken the pattern, and that's one of the most important things you can do.
2) Remind yourself that you don't have to do this anymore! We get caught up in doing what we've always done, but you're not the same person anymore, and you don't have to react the same way you've always reacted in the past.
3) Say, out loud, "cancel, cancel, cancel!" This helps to break the pattern of behavior before it takes over.
4) Analyze the steps in your ritual food behavior. Food, for me, is just like a drug; before I drop into the abyss of a binge, I take many small steps toward it and can stop myself at any point along the way---thinking about the food, picking up my purse to go out to get it, driving there, walking into the store, getting into the drive-through, etc., etc. It's possible to stop at any point in the process and say no, cancel, cancel, I don't have to do this anymore, etc.
These are the things that have helped me. I hope this helps you.
merrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrie View Post
4) Analyze the steps in your ritual food behavior. Food, for me, is just like a drug; before I drop into the abyss of a binge, I take many small steps toward it and can stop myself at any point along the way---thinking about the food, picking up my purse to go out to get it, driving there, walking into the store, getting into the drive-through, etc., etc. It's possible to stop at any point in the process and say no, cancel, cancel, I don't have to do this anymore, etc.
These are the things that have helped me. I hope this helps you.
Gosh, I love this. I love this because I have done it myself. I have actually gotten to the fast food window and before paying, drive off. I have also put things into my basket at the grocery store KNOWING I would binge them and then put them back onto the shelf. You are right, it is usually a SERIES of steps to get you to the food. I CAN stop in the middle of my routine and break it. I will NOT go to jail for driving off or walking out or putting something back. It's okay to change my mind. What I am used to doing? No. Possible? Yes. Ultimately, it IS our choice.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:36 PM   #8  
One Day at a Time...

Thanks ladies for the encouragement... You are all so right... This can be done...

"Stop, breathe, and step back and look at what you're doing. You did that when you reached out on this site. You have broken the pattern, and that's one of the most important things you can do."

Thank you Merrie for those words, they ring so true to my spirit... I have changed and I don't have to keep doing the same old thing...

I APPRECIATE you all, much more than you know... Thank You!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

I've driven off at a drive thru before - felt bad about 'wasting' the food, but I'm sure they throw out tons at the end of everyday. I felt better about myself. I've put stuff back on the shelves before, too, right at the register if necessary. It feels great! Funny to hear others doing crazy (or should I say sane) things like I do. I'm sure they see us in the secruity cameras and laugh.
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

You are a human being, and it is okay if you fell off the wagon--temporarily. Now just get right back on it---not tomorrow or the next day, but right now. You can reach your goals and achieve what you want, just remember you may have some days where you always stick with your eating plan, and some days where you don't. It is okay. (((hugs)))
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:58 PM   #11  

you ladies are so great, so right on...CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL, i love that because like #4 acknowledges, we are probably doing something we've done many times before...and because we know ourselves and our patterns it's never too late to STOP, breathe, and turn it around.

i'm there with you beautifullyflawed. i derailed this wknd, and i'm struuuuuggling to regain composure. all it takes is a day of good choices to remind me that i AM strong enough to break the cycle.

good luck to you girl! this can be a great week yet
partypantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:49 AM   #12  
mickeymick

S/C/G: 158/142/138

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrie View Post
3) Say, out loud, "cancel, cancel, cancel!" This helps to break the pattern of behavior before it takes over.
:

i really like this. i can see it being effective for me. i'll have to try it.
angelamick is offline   Reply With Quote