Old 01-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #1  

Default joining ww tomorrow

Hi everyone,
I did weight watchers many years ago and lost about 20 pounds. At the time I became a lifetime member but have since re-gained about 30 pounds. I want to join tomorrow at a center near my home but was wondering about the momentum program that is used now. I was reading at the ww website that the core/simply filling program in not introduced until you are several weeks into the program. Is this correct? I know I won't count points so is there a way around this? Also they have free registration right now so I am thinking of just paying week to week instead of monthly passes. I can always change my payment plan later right? Thanks for any info or advice. Jeanie
jeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey Jeanie, I would recommend counting points in the beginning, because it helps with portion control. After a while of counting points, I think you will be more aware of serving sizes. If you are eating the simply filling foods but are not watching portions, you may not lose as quickly. You may even gain. Also, unless things have changed, you can start out paying weekly then purchase a number of weeks later on. Come on over to our weekly thread and visit with us. Good luck tomorrow!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/224/180ish?

Height: 5'10"

I'm not sure about the answer to your questions, but I want to say Good Luck and Weight Watchers is pretty great!
ibcnuldu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Jeanie, Sloan is right on the information and her advice. I'm living proof that one can overeat healthy food and not lose. You can ask them to give you the simply filling list on week one and they will give it to you. Then you can decide if you want to weigh/measure/count or just eat those foods. Come join us on our weekly chat thread. We talk about all our troubles on our journey, answer questions.....whatever pops into your head.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:26 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone. I joined this morning but haven't had any time yet to look over the materials and determine my plan/goals. I will definitely be joining in the weekly chat thread once I get my act together. Also on the filling foods the pocket tracker guide has a green diamond symbol by all the foods that are "filling foods" I was really happy to see that! Jeanie

Last edited by jeanies; 01-02-2010 at 01:34 PM.
jeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Good success to you, Jeanie.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 325/315/190

Good luck, Jeanie. You will do great!
janann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 290/270/135

Height: 5'6"

Good luck I currently do WW and follow the points plan, but 95% of the foods I eat are the Simply Filling/Core. I do plan to switch to the Simply Filling eventually, but I like the accountability of points.

Also, you can change your payment plan at anytime. If you are paying week to week, you can buy a pass for 4, 12, 16 weeks. But if you choose to buy a pass, they will not refund it if you decide you'd rather pay week to week. Hope that helps!
Jaimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:58 PM   #9  

I'm also going to join this week. Just to clarify...simply filling is the same as the core program? I'm going to join online as I've been to the meetings nearby and didn't get enough out of them so I'd rather do it online. Anyone else doing the program online?

Thanks,
Karen
KarenRB53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Simply filling is the "new" Core! Good luck to you.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote